triplesek

We don't need patches, Rocket.

when does the murder debuff come rocket? we should have penalty for murderers also, so that people have to think before just gunning down everyone, maybe humanity gets so low that they take there own pistols and then shoot themselves in the head please?

c'mon man' date=' an Alpha without hax/glitches/exploits wouldn't be an Alpha anymore.

I'm sure dat Rocket is working on fixing it, till then we'll just have to show those hax0rs that they better not mess with us !

:angel:

[/quote']

Can we please man up a little and just say - Yes, I know it's a problem. Fixing asap.

No one wants to hear "This is alpha verison bro." I mean, maybe if it was an actual video game in a beta test I would accept that, but a fucking mod? I don't think I've ever heard the term so widely used for a modification of a video game.

Bolded for you... Um.... what!? lol

OP doens't understand what Alpha and Beta testing is, let alone what it's for. It doesn't matter if it's a AAA title or a mod. These stages are crucial. infact, since rocket has to cater to everyone now playing his mod he can't update the mod as much as he'd probably like. Though, I'm sure he has private testing to circumvent that problem.

Alpha Stage =

Barely playable. Constant additions to the game. Hackers usualy aren't a concern because the Alpha stage is usually closed off and only for the Developers/Paid in-house Testers.

Read this and learn

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16570

The hacking is just an inherent invulnerability in the Arma 2 engine and until Day Z moves to Arma 3 or a standalone version it'll probably never be fixed. I've never seen a game where hackers can basically manipulate things like they're playing a Besthesda game with console commands until I started playing Arma 2/Day Z.

I've seen aimbots and wallhacks etc sure, but those are client side performance enhancing hacks. I've never seen another game where people can teleport at will, spawn whatever they want, etc.

The point of the alpha is to gather information about how game mechanics work and how content plays in real situations. Glitches and hackers dont matter at all in alpha stage because they can simply be ignored.

Its still important to gather that data which is why we need more patches : )

I'm new to Alpha/Beta testing. I never considered the issue this way. It makes great sense, albeit a little sadly disillusioning to those who's highest priority is to excel at this mod.

I'm glad the hackers and cheaters and exploiters are having their way right now. This is alpha staged and having these problems secure when it releases commercially will make the game that much better.

Don't give in to the carebears.

Your last sentence turned the entire post into drivel.