Sign in to follow this  
oleg86@msn.com

how does laser sight on L85A2 AWS works (L) button?

1. It isnt a laser sight. Its a thermal weapon system. You can easily spot hotter-than-their-surrounding items. Such as cars, people, animals etc...

2. Share targets? eh... This isnt battlefield. Use your voice.

in Arma 3 you can use the laser to pick out targets... it will be visible to anyone wearing NVG's, so its supposed to be used at night I guess.

in Arma 3 you can use the laser to pick out targets... it will be visible to anyone wearing NVG's' date=' so its supposed to be used at night I guess.

[/quote']Same in Arma2 -- the laser sight attachments are infra-red lasers, so you can only see them if wearing NVG.

If you do have a gun with a laser (not sure if there are any in DayZ?), then you probably don't want to turn it on, because it will show other NVG-wearing players where you are!

you can have the laser sight if you have NVGs on...

This. The laser on the L85 is infrared. Only people looking through NVGs or the FAL with night optics will see where you are pointing.

This. The laser on the L85 is infrared. Only people looking through NVGs or the FAL with night optics will see where you are pointing.

thus it is not advised to use the laser sight at night

I got a question about this gun

Somehow ive looked through the scope and there was no thermal or night vision, just clear.

I dont know how i did that. Was it a glitch? If theres a button i sure would like to know

Sounds like a bug' date=' if not press N to change sights

[/quote']

yes N switches between thermal and night vision. I guess it was a bug.