Duckman404

Quick Q: Glock 17 using M9 mags?

G'day folks, I'm pretty new to the game, but I'm wondering if the ability of the Glock 17 to use both it's own magazine AND the M9 magazines is a glitch or, intended?

Just a quick question, hoping for a simple yes or no! :)

You should be able to use any 9mm mag with the Glock, meaning G17 and M9 mags, but I don't think you can use the 9mm SD mags with unsuppressed guns.

You should be able to use any 9mm mag with the Glock' date=' meaning G17 and M9 mags, but I don't think you can use the 9mm SD mags with unsuppressed guns.

[/quote']

Ah, alright. Thanks for that! It's a little unrealistic, but I suppose I'll just consider it a 'feature'.

/thread, unless anyone else has any input

In real life finding full M9 mags makes it capable that you take out the bullets and put it in the G17 mag, making it completely possible.

Was considering suggesting something along the lines of this. Obviously any 9x19 round can be used in any 9x19 gun, but you would first have to have the magazine for the gun.

Would be great to have an in-depth system worked out for ammo pooling, etc.

In real life finding full M9 mags makes it capable that you take out the bullets and put it in the G17 mag' date=' making it completely possible.

[/quote']

No, the game is explicitly allowing M9 magazines to be used in the Glock 17 (which results in a 15 round capacity, since that's how many rounds the M9 mags hold). As Banano has said, you'd first have to transfer the rounds from the M9 magazines to the Glock's magazine.

Was considering suggesting something along the lines of this. Obviously any 9x19 round can be used in any 9x19 gun' date=' but you would first have to have the magazine for the gun.

Would be great to have an in-depth system worked out for ammo pooling, etc.

[/quote']

I think a fair few people would appreciate such a system, as it would also allow M1911 mags to be topped up with the .45 ACP revolver rounds, or stripping the rounds from M240 belts and using them to refill FAL magazines.

From what I've seen, that would be difficult to implement at best. ARMA II's inventory system is very clunky, so I doubt it's even possible without heavy use of custom scripting, and it's not enough of an issue at the moment.

I'd rather see dev time put towards making zombies bearable :P

Maybe if the inventory system allowed stacking. You could have an item called "9 x 9mm rounds" that you use to "make" magazines. With the stacked number being the amount of rounds that you have. I'm pretty sure inventory doesn't work like that though.

G'day folks' date=' I'm pretty new to the game, but I'm wondering if the ability of the Glock 17 to use both it's own magazine AND the M9 magazines is a glitch or, intended?

Just a quick question, hoping for a simple yes or no! :)

[/quote']

Avoiding all the other comments and focusing on your question directly. Yes, you can use those magazines with your G17. And in the future when in doubt but not currently "surviving," fire up ArmA2 and check out the "single player," "mission editor" feature to allow you to place a unit and heaps of kit down anywhere you like to tinker with which will allow you to become familiar with it without having to keep looking over your shoulder while you do.