pazuzu

Skalisty island

I decided today to try and find a boat and travel to Skalisty island to check it out. Having checked a dayz loot map, I knew there were some lootable structures there.

When i finally made it there my boat was nearly out of fuel (In the red).

I wanted to see if there was a water source so I headed toward the residential area and found that there was...but I also found that I had dropped my water bottle some how.

I have about 7 sodas, about 6 cans of food and everything I need to hunt, cut steaks and cook meat.

Ok, now that I seem to be stranded (Unless I drop my pack and swim to shore) I will eventually run out of drink. I checked the house, shed and boathouse but there was no loot.

Does anyone here know about this island and what is available to survive?

Does a boat ever spawn anywhere on this island?

I knew I might lose my gear or even my life, but I really wanted to check Skalisty island out and camp out for a while there so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

My friend, you're SOL. What I recommend is that you get back on your boat and try to coast back to shore. Get it up to speed, then turn off the engine. It should coast a few meters. When you start slowing down, turn it back on while you have enough inertia, and speed up again, turn off and coast again, and repeat.

That might get you back to shore. Skalisty is a bad place to be unless you come prepared. Without that water bottle, you have no chance unless you find another there.

Hey Mr. Crusoe,

I've also made a trip to Skalisty recently and there are a few residential loot spawns on the island, you can find a water bottle if you're lucky.

And in theory theres a industrial spawn in the boat house (jerrycans) but actually i have never seen any loot in there.

I also brought my CZ and thought it would be a nice idea to practise sniping at people travelling along the shore. So I got in position at the most western edge of the island and guess what .... not even 5 minutes crawling around to find the perfect spot -> .50 cal bullet in the face :D

At least I managed to recover my PBX after respawn...

I spent several days on that island after swimming the channel. The house and the Outhouse both spawn soda, food, water bottles, etc just make sure you are looting any junk that spawns and dumping it elsewhere so new stuffs can spawn. And remember to utilize empty cans and bottles to distract Zed's since there are so many that spawn over there.

Thanks for the info guys. Very much appreciated.

I think I'll hang there for a while and see what I can find. I realized I have 11 sodas so I should have plenty of time to explore before I leave the island.

I think there's one open house and a small shack right beside it, there's also a single house in the forrest, with an outhouse worth investigating. The loot at the boathouse is semi bugged, as most of it spawns below the floor in the water. If you decide to dive for the loot, make sure you drop all your gear except handgun/handgun ammo belt and toolbelt. After 20-23 seconds of swimming, you'll drop binos, rifle, inventory backpack. Also getting caught between a wave and the boathouse can result in bloodloss, fractures and death.

Be really careful in the boathouse. Climbing down the ladder dropped me into the water and adios gear. Then I bumped the wall of the boathouse while in the water. Bye blood and bones...

You can also server hop. That island is base for many clans. Once we found over 50 tents from that island. You could try to find helicopter/boat from those kind of servers.

You can also server hop. That island is base for many clans. Once we found over 50 tents from that island. You could try to find helicopter/boat from those kind of servers.

Because we all love server hoppers, just about as much as we love hackers and alt-f4.

Nope, no server hopping for me. I'd rather spend my time playing the game.

Well I had no luck (except 1 can of soda) Looting the buildings.

I started exploring today and after a while I spotted a group of tents in the woods...then I saw there was a player by one of them. I went prone right away and it looked like he was moving in a frantic way and thought he might have spotted me. I crawled in the tall grass toward some rocks and trees near the shore while using free look and hid my self well between the rocks and trees and just looked around for a while to see if he was searching for me. After a few minutes of that I decided to log off as it wasn't safe to move around the island.

Later, I got back on the server and it was pretty dark. I decided to risk taking a look at the tents again hoping no one would be there.

I was lucky. I found a jerry can to fuel my boat, a pair of NVgoggles, a map, GPS and that desperately needed water bottle. There were lots of military grade weapons but I left those.I only took what I needed to survive.

I then fueled my boat and made it safely back to the mainland.

Day 12 for my current life/character and my best adventure yet.

Thanks again for the advice.

I loled when you said you took a pair of Night Vision Goggles then said "I only took what I needed to survive." :)

I'm waiting for someone to rage at him because he logged off near someone... the madness! Or someone to accuse him of "ghosting" by logging in later on the camp...

If that doesn't happen, I think the forum might have advanced a level.

On the other hand, an interesting story. I like to hear about adventures people have, I know I was all over the place when I had my first long life character and I didn't know the map what so ever, I found all sorts. Now I know what I'm doing I can get fully equipped in like 30 minutes.

I'm waiting for someone to rage at him because he logged off near someone... the madness! Or someone to accuse him of "ghosting" by logging in later on the camp...

Hehe, I knew there was a chance of being accused of logging off to avoid death but I didn't disconnect as soon as I saw the player. I spent a few minutes crawling through the grass to a place I could hide and waited and watched until I felt it was pointless to just hang around or wander around the island more with possibly multiple players much better armed than I was.

I'm wondering how long I would have had to wait before my logging off wouldn't be considered an exploit or cheating? If it is wrong I would like to know how I should have handled it...

It was several hours later when I decided to log back on and it was at night. I went back to check out the tents mainly for a water bottle and possibly a jerry can. I know I probably could have survived with out the NVG but I knew I was going to be vulnerable fueling and using that noisy boat to get back to the mainland so I took them to hedge my bet.

Pro tip: swim back to shore on server UK 26, that's what I do. Seems like that's the only server that's has the enabled fix for losing items when swimming. Fix is mentioned in the beta which looks like a server option that needs enabling.

Pro tip: swim back to shore on server UK 26' date=' that's what I do. Seems like that's the only server that's has the enabled fix for losing items when swimming. Fix is mentioned in the beta which looks like a server option that needs enabling.

[/quote']

Oh really? So you don't lose your gear?

I wasn't aware.

Pro tip: swim back to shore on server UK 26' date=' that's what I do. Seems like that's the only server that's has the enabled fix for losing items when swimming. Fix is mentioned in the beta which looks like a server option that needs enabling.

[/quote']

I wasn't aware.

most, if not all, servers have this patch installed. It was at least 2 mission file revisions ago. It was a feature added by an ArmA 2 OA beta update.

[/quote']

I wasn't aware.

most, if not all, servers have this patch installed. It was at least 2 mission file revisions ago. It was a feature added by an ArmA 2 OA beta update.

I do remember hearing about that and I always have the latest update, but I was afraid to test it out.

Thanks for the info though.

This is not a server side setting, but a setting that has to be enabled in the mission file (aka Rocket has to enable it in DayZ). If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I run US 188 and tinkering with the server settings did not fix this.

just a helpful tip, try not to spawn in on the loot spawns, otherwise youll have to get away from them to have them respawn, and thats some wasted time, happy hunting :)