ShadowWalker

Admin Abuse US35 banned for ghosting

As of now' date=' US 35 will ban if you are caught server ghosting (disconnecting to gain an advantage while engaged in PVP), combat logging or debug forest killing.

"Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out." - Rocket

Taken from: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029&highlight=meta

Be advised that all of our members are running either video capture software or screen shot software. In addition, I can pull server logs to match time stamps. And be assured that if you are banned from our server for doing so while I cannot issue you a global ban I will make sure that other server admins get your name, GUID and ISP as well as inform the DayZ staff of any infraction against their terms of use.

If you have an issue with that, find another server.

[/quote']

"(disconnecting to gain an advantage while engaged in PVP)" We were banned for "ghosting" correct? We did not combat log, nor ghost. We had 5 people posted, 4 in trees on ground level in a box formation, and one sniper. If we were "ghosting" to move around and shit, you would of known. Your sniper has to know this. The one that killed everyone (or 3 people, whatever). Were the people you were shooting moving positions and shit? (as in d/cing and moving to a different position on a dif server, and coming back) Nope. We legit all stood in the same spot until the last two, (me and our sniper) were left, no one wanted to risk moving. The most we moved was maybe a few meters until the end when i bolted towards your ural and took it. I mean, if i wanted to, why wouldnt i just d/c, and tele to the ural, rather then RUNNING for atleast 100 meters to it wide open with NO cover? If we were cheating and exploiting, why wouldnt we (or i) do this? Why wouldnt we teleport behind you and all that?

Oh right, because we weren't exploiting.

I love this admin.

"sent it to dayz staff"

How do we know you did this.

Be a man.

Not a child.

Post the damn logs because at this point it does look like a shitty server to play on.

Hello Everyone,

If this user is in the wrong (which i am about to check the logs to get further information) i will take correct action but from what the user has explained to me he has full proof of ghosting taking place.

I will then forward any logs of which i find onto the DayZ staff, most people who get found ghosting are more than likely going to kick up a massive fuss about it because they can get globally blacklisted.

Please bear in mind that if this goes further the DayZ staff will take full action against the users that are causing issues and ghosting.

DayZ staff do know that this is a con-current issue with DayZ and that alot of users are ghosting currently however hopefully within the next couple of releases this issue will no longer exist.

Hello Everyone' date='

If this user is in the wrong (which i am about to check the logs to get further information) i will take correct action but from what the user has explained to me he has full proof of ghosting taking place.

I will then forward any logs of which i find onto the DayZ staff, most people who get found ghosting are more than likely going to kick up a massive fuss about it because they can get globally blacklisted.

Please bear in mind that if this goes further the DayZ staff will take full action against the users that are causing issues and ghosting.

DayZ staff do know that this is a con-current issue with DayZ and that alot of users are ghosting currently however hopefully within the next couple of releases this issue will no longer exist.

[/quote']

If you can, please report back and let us know how things turned out so we know whats going on. Thanks

So, to the admin who banned these guys - you are NOT posting proof here? And also - I'm pretty sure that Rocket said Metagaming (including ghosting) is explicitly allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm remembering that correctly.

Once the staff are involved then is there a need to post proof here ?

The proof is being given to the only ones that matter, the ones who make the decisions.

Admin here seems to be following the "rules" and is talking to the people required, not putting it on the public forum for everyone to flame / argue over.

meta-gaming and ghosting TEAMSPEAK SERVERS is allowed... ghosting servers (ie: moving into position for an iminent attack/ or to steal vehicles etc etc...) is considered exploiting game mechanics which IS PROHIBITED.

as far as posting proof on the forums i dont get who you guys think you are lol. psyl3nt said it perfectly. they are following the rules of reporting and anyone not on the dev team has ANY right to demand proof. nor does the dev team NEED to update a thread publicly on actions taken regarding either side of this issue.

It's just really telling that you're so against posting proof on the forums, that's all. Doesn't look good. You're creating more drama for yourselves by being so defensive but not providing the proof and I would think you'd WANT this to blow over... and posting the proof is an open door for it all to end.

I see a lot of back and fourth on this thread.

HERES WHY PROOF NEEDS TO BE POSTED HERE:

What proof do I, as a outside spectator who frequents server in question, that this admin submitted it to the dayz staff.

I could ban you for anything. Then I go "Well I submitted the evidence to dayz staff, so if they want me to unban you I will. Then you never get unbanned and no justice is given if needed.

I AM NOT SIDING WITH EITHER SIDE. You are probably noob and logged. It's ultra common. I almost never get kills because of loggers.

but admin is still wrong because he could just be lying. Sorry but this is DayZ, trust no one.

I personally will stop playing in your server because of this thread. If your so right, you'd have no problem posting it. The fact that your not providing the evidence is shady as post on Craigslist for drugs. I don't want to play on your server and get ban slammered for raiding.

Considering the forums are what is shaping this game, aka feedback/suggestions, I think the community is pretty important in this game. But thats just my opinion.

How about this to blow your doors open MadMax. I am ShadowWalker suprise! You moved your camp into our old camp area. Ironically after telling me it how bad a spot it was.

You see guys, MadMax and Psyth was in my clan before they decided to go on there own and start a server. We as in our clan found there thread and decided to pay random visits to there server and kill them for fun. I stayed aliased under the name ShadowWalker as well as Cik an a few others.

Yesterday or the day before, upon login in to your server from our camp on our server, thats been there for almost a month now. I see tents setup and a Ural. I shoot a guy riding by on a dirt bike with my DMR and kill him. Proceed to look around a bit and log out. After that I let everyone know that you moved a camp directly where ours is located.

Do you expect us to ride our UAZ 2000m away log in to your server and walk into your camp when ours is right there? Sorry but no. So we log in directly inside our camp pretty much giving you guys a huge advantage considering I solo'd 6 of your guys at your old camp and ripped it down without anyone else.

You guys killed me and 3 other guys which probably would never have happened if we wouldn't of just logged in from our camp but whatever, its just pixels. Our 4 lost was well worth the effort when we managed to get a trophy your Ural, encased in tank traps including inside the truck as well.

I would have never thought you would pull such a bitch card to ban us when you chose your camp to be right near ours. Where I log into your server all the time.

If the devs would like proof of our camp they can log into our server and head NW past Skalka and you will find about 10 tents and a blue van left there. As we have moved everything since.

We don't ghost, never did. We don't need to when you guys can be taken out fairly easy. We put ourself in a bad position for the hell of it, we did it for the rush, the fun of the game. If we ghosted you we would have logged in one guy and had him run around to get positions on you and properly place ourselves in advantageous positions to kill you. We all chose a random spot and logged in kamakazi.

So there ya go MadMax. Ban us, unban us it doesn't matter anymore. You are not worth the time our clan puts toward your server anyways. If you don't want competition then why play a competitive survival game.

How about this to blow your doors open MadMax. I am ShadowWalker suprise! You moved your camp into our old camp area. Ironically after telling me it how bad a spot it was.

You see guys' date=' MadMax and Psyth was in my clan before they decided to go on there own and start a server. We as in our clan found there thread and decided to pay random visits to there server and kill them for fun. I stayed aliased under the name ShadowWalker as well as Cik an a few others.

Yesterday or the day before, upon login in to your server from our camp on our server, thats been there for almost a month now. I see tents setup and a Ural. I shoot a guy riding by on a dirt bike with my DMR and kill him. Proceed to look around a bit and log out. After that I let everyone know that you moved a camp directly where ours is located.

Do you expect us to ride our UAZ 2000m away log in to your server and walk into your camp when ours is right there? Sorry but no. So we log in directly inside our camp pretty much giving you guys a huge advantage considering I solo'd 6 of your guys at your old camp and ripped it down without anyone else.

You guys killed me and 3 other guys which probably would never have happened if we wouldn't of just logged in from our camp but whatever, its just pixels. Our 4 lost was well worth the effort when we managed to get a trophy your Ural, encased in tank traps including inside the truck as well.

I would have never thought you would pull such a bitch card to ban us when you chose your camp to be right near ours. Where I log into your server all the time.

If the devs would like proof of our camp they can log into our server and head NW past Skalka and you will find about 10 tents and a blue van left there. As we have moved everything since.

We don't ghost, never did. We don't need to when you guys can be taken out fairly easy. We put ourself in a bad position for the hell of it, we did it for the rush, the fun of the game. If we ghosted you we would have logged in one guy and had him run around to get positions on you and properly place ourselves in advantageous positions to kill you. We all chose a random spot and logged in kamakazi.

So there ya go MadMax. Ban us, unban us it doesn't matter anymore. You are not worth the time our clan puts toward your server anyways. If you don't want competition then why play a competitive survival game.

[/quote']

LOL, it didn't take us much investigation after you started flaming us here to figure out who you were. It makes perfect sense. Pretty easy to look up your post history. I know how you play and I know you personally have no problem with combat logging. I also know that as a server admin you do things like stop and restart your server if something doesn't do your way. I've been on comms and in your server with you when you have done both acts multiple times. We left your clan in part because of your lack of integrity.

Notice we didn't steal all the gear and flatten your tents etc as a parting gift. I obviously knew your camp was in the same place and we decided not to raid you. It's not the fact that you logged in at the middle of our camp, it's the fact that you and others logged in and out during the 2 minutes the fight took place. I appreciate you admitting you did it. Funny how your story changing from we didn't log in and out to - we couldn't get into the game to - we just logged in from our camp.

I know you and I know that no matter what proof I post on here you will have an excuse or reason why it's not good enough. If you don't like the way we run our server that's your choice. But we are going to run a fair server. You don't have to agree. Best of luck to you and the rest of Desolation.

Just out of curiosity, what was the point of moving your base twice? We logged in about the 1st and watched Chart peddling away on a bicycle. The tents were empty and a blue van was sitting there.

You see guys' date=' MadMax and Psyth was in my clan before they decided to go on there own and start a server. We as in our clan found there thread and decided to pay random visits to there server and kill them for fun. I stayed aliased under the name ShadowWalker as well as Cik an a few others.

[/quote']

LOL, it didn't take us much investigation after you started flaming us here to figure out who you were. It makes perfect sense. Pretty easy to look up your post history. I know how you play and I know you personally have no problem with combat logging. I also know that as a server admin you do things like stop and restart your server if something doesn't do your way. I've been on comms and in your server with you when you have done both acts multiple times. We left your clan in part because of your lack of integrity.

Notice we didn't steal all the gear and flatten your tents etc as a parting gift. I obviously knew your camp was in the same place and we decided not to raid you. It's not the fact that you logged in at the middle of our camp, it's the fact that you and others logged in and out during the 2 minutes the fight took place. I appreciate you admitting you did it. Funny how your story changing from we didn't log in and out to - we couldn't get into the game to - we just logged in from our camp.

I know you and I know that no matter what proof I post on here you will have an excuse or reason why it's not good enough. If you don't like the way we run our server that's your choice. But we are going to run a fair server. You don't have to agree. Best of luck to you and the rest of Desolation.

Just out of curiosity, what was the point of moving your base twice? We logged in about the 1st and watched Chart peddling away on a bicycle. The tents were empty and a blue van was sitting there.

LOL. This guy is so full of shit. I havn't known map for long, but i joined about 4 days ago, and the first thing they said to me was, "The only thing we have a problem with is combat logging, if you do that, we're going to have some problems with you".

Please tell us more about how we were combat logging, considering 3 people died within the first 5 minutes and the two people left (me and our sniper) sat there for another 5 minutes while we were trying to find your other people.

Please show us logs of us disconnecting and reconnecting bro.

If we wanted to be cheap douche bags (like you are implying) we would of scouted out your place, find where your sniper was, along with whoever else was there, and positioned around them, rather then spawn in a wide open valley thats surrounded by trees where it makes it ALOT harder on us. People who have no problem combat logging would have no problem positioning themselves and giving themselves whatever advantage they could get (what you're accusing us with).

I laugh at people who throw "combat logger!!!" accusations out and talk out of their ass just because they cant find the person they were shooting at.

[/quote']

Everything you said there is just bullshit bud. The only reason you could ban us is because you killed us, you didn't know my name or who I was. Thats why Cik isn't banned he never died.

If I so call combat log all the time why do I fraps the people that combat log on my server and others. I despise people who use it.

During your stay with us you whined about the fact we could see names of people I had to tell you numerous times it is because of combat loggers so that people can get evidence.

Why did your server reboot mysteriously after I destroyed your camp the first time only to find all your tents and gear reappear in the same spot? How come you had 8-10 GPS, tons of MCCO SD guns and 10+ NVGs in that camp? Them are pretty hard to come by, strange you have so many when people struggle to get 1 maybe 2 gps. See what I did there, I called you out on your bullshit, but still regardless it means nothing because all I have is that video of me destroying your camp again. I actually camped that spot for a day to see if you would respawn the tents and cars again with a reboot. But you didn't after the second time I cleaned you guys out.

During our 2 minutes battle not a single one of us logged out, so once again bullshit. Please post a video of this I am dying to see us combat logging. Where exactly did I admit we combat logged? If we combat logged why did I die? Why did 3 others die? I couldn't combat log if I wanted to I died about 10 seconds after logging in from our camp.

Your false accusations are a sign of your sanity. If you really believe that then you need better meds.

I won't go any further with this, you either provide proof of us combat logging or unban us. Plain and simple.

Cik and whoever else isn't banned because we don't have conclusive proof and logs that show he ghosted. The ones that are banned are the ones we have proof of. Those who didn't ghost are welcome to play on our server anytime.

LOL post your evidence, you are beyond full of shit. I REPORTED IT TO DAYZ GUYS, I SWEAR, TAKE MY WORD ON IT!!

Sounds legit.

Cik and whoever else isn't banned because we don't have conclusive proof and logs that show he ghosted. The ones that are banned are the ones we have proof of. Those who didn't ghost are welcome to play on our server anytime.

Cik and whomever else isn't banned only because he/they weren't killed, and you could 'not' identify them or confirm who they were, because you didn't kill them. You banned team members after you killed them (period). They didn't combat log, and the logs will definitely show that. Lets review them; but you wont because it will show you to be dishonest.

So whatever your smoking to blame a team for combat logging when you kill almost the entire team that logged into your server from their camp is silly to say the least. The other member(s) drove your Ural to the beach to share with passer-by's . Again, a fact that can be shown by the logs because I destroyed your Ural at the beach. But again, you won't want anyone else to know or see the logs, because it will show you to be dishonest and that to be fact.

You intentionally moved your camp on top of Desolation's location after your camp location was on the mid-eastern map . Desolation never logged on top of your camp; you moved your camp, unbeknownst to Desolation, on top of Desolation the other day so you could conveniently accuse them of ghosting. That, after you cried as to how our camp location was a horrible one and one in which you would never personally chose.

So yea, after we always logged into your server from the western part of the map, the only way for you to trump up a false accusation is to move your camp; lol. . .dont know if your members are bored or dumb for making that move. But you did it, not Desolation.

So when Desolation logs again into your server from "their" camp location, as was done previously, the first one in on that day was surprised to see that your camp was moved to ghost our location. Desolation didn't ghost you. Again, logs will show that to be true and you to be dishonest, but you wont want to show them, because it will show your lack of integrity and complete lack of honesty.

We have spoken with both Lee at Vilayer and Shawn from Day Z via Teamspeak. We let them know about the incident, our decision to ban the players we banned, our reasoning, and your appeal. Shawn asked for the ticket number and our evidence which we provided. Those players who our logs show logged in and out immediately previous too and during the engagement will remain banned unless Day Z staff comes to a different conclusion. If they find that we banned players erroneously, the bans will be immediately removed.

As for evidence, you have already stated that you believe that any evidence we provide can be forged. It doesn't matter what I post here, you are simply going to dismiss it. Ultimately Day Z staff are the ones who determine if a ban is acceptable or not. They have the facts. It will rest with them.

This guy is obviously delusional. Not much else to say other than I suppose I should contact a dev and link him this thread since its getting no where. You have 0 proof that anyone combat logged that is why you are not providing it.

At first it was, we have the proof , we video capture/fraps everything. Now its I passed it off to ABC my imaginary friend.

Let me ask you this, how can anyone combat log when they are DEAD? You realize 75% of our team died within minutes of logging in before getting a single shot off. You know who killed you? Cik our sniper. He used us as bait to show your positions and killed you off one by one.

This ban is the most convoluted lie on these forums. I think its so far down that road you are starting to really believe it yourself.

lol. nasir why are you so mad. just go play on your own server. there is no need to post evidence on the forums, do the police put the evidence they find in the newspaper? no they show it in court, where it fucking matters lol.

Well, I won't play on their server that's for sure. Very fucking shady to say the least. Hope this all works out for you and your team Nasir.

MadMax; way to lie like child, dude. You've unsuccessfully tried to manipulate the system to make it look as though someone else did something wrong, when in fact you got caught.

I cant wait to see the logs, Max, your evidence...showing that you moved your camp location, ghosted Desolations location intentionally, showing that players logged into your server from their camp location, then showing that you abused Admin Rights by banning combat players after you killed them without those opposing players combat-logging, and hopefully showing that showing that I blew up your Ural at the beach, unless you attempted to reboot your server to save it like you did last week.

Keepin it real, Max.

"showing that I blew up your Ural at the beach, unless you attempted to reboot your server to save it like you did last week."

Ah so you already found the camp and then ghosted in after server hopping for another try?

hmm