ShadowWalker

Admin Abuse US35 banned for ghosting

So these Walking dead guys just banned my group of guys for ghosting on there server? We find a camp with a Ural and a few tents we proceed to attempt to raid them. We lose all but one of our guys in the fight an take out 4 of there 1/9 WDU guys, the people who own the server. We manage to take the Ural with our remaining man south to the shore to meet up with our newly respawned characters to see what our loot is. Upon looting the gear we all get banned for ghosting.

So basically we find these guys camp, take there truck and they ban us off there server for ghosting? Thats not even something you can ban for?

I would like an answer and proof of us "ghosting". I request you unban our group.

I'm sure you did, and yes I did ban you. And our server logs show you doing so. A ticket has been submitted to the DayZ mods and will be handled from there. If you check our site, our server MOTD and the forums here, you'll see out standpoint on ghosting (combat logging) as well as the Devs. So, if you don't like it, take it up with them.

And Shadow, I request you read the DayZ forums for Rocket's standpoint on ghosting. Have a nice day.

Why so Serious???

Show the logs please, because if we did combat log how did you kill 4 of us? Logs and videos please. Your words mean nothing. You specifically say you record everything yet you come here with no proof.

I'm sure you did' date=' and yes I did ban you. And our server logs show you doing so. A ticket has been submitted to the DayZ mods and will be handled from there. If you check our site, our server MOTD and the forums here, you'll see out standpoint on ghosting (combat logging) as well as the Devs. So, if you don't like it, take it up with them.

And Shadow, I request you read the DayZ forums for Rocket's standpoint on ghosting. Have a nice day.

Why so Serious???

[/quote']

Your server logs show us doing what exactly? If you are saying that we disconnected, went to a different server, moved where we were, reconnected to yours, and killed you, you are 100% wrong.

WE have 6 witnesses and server logs that show you logging out and in before and during the fight. We saw you simultaneously spawn in our camp and begin your assault. It's not about being mad you took our Ural or anything so petty. It's the fact that committed a known exploit that the devs have commented on to accomplish the task. Several servers are banning for this type of game play now. We have irrefutable proof you did this. We are submitting the logs as we speak. If Day Z staff says you are to be reinstated than we will readily abide by that, otherwise you will not be welcome on our server again.

Sorry bud, I did not combat log. Nor did anyone on my team. If we did you wouldn't have killed us. All your words are hot air right now. Provide this proof that we combat logged or unban us it doesn't matter if you had 20 witnesses you need video or its a no go son.

Sorry bud' date=' I did not combat log. Nor did anyone on my team. If we did you wouldn't have killed us. All your words are hot air right now. Provide this proof that we combat logged or unban us it doesn't matter if you had 20 witnesses you need video or its a no go son.

[/quote']

Not if he has logs...

Logs can be altered, a screenshot or a video of the logs will suffice. If you cant provide that then you and your server needs to be blacklisted. Admin abuse isn't something I call out at the drop of a hat. Tell your DC bud Ballesta or Ballista to tone it down a bit.

Sorry bud' date=' I did not combat log. Nor did anyone on my team. If we did you wouldn't have killed us. All your words are hot air right now. Provide this proof that we combat logged or unban us it doesn't matter if you had 20 witnesses you need video or its a no go son.

[/quote']

Not if he has logs...

The logs he can provide will show nothing. If anything us respawning over an over again after we died. Which will probably be used as "proof" which isn't. As I watched them commit suicide atleast 10 times after I raided there camp the first time and killed them.

No logs , video evidence no ban. Submitting them to whomever isn't a valid response at this point. Put them here and lets see what you have.

I can only assume nothing at this point considering you have yet to provide a single shred of any evidence? It shouldn't take long to provide, unless you are trying to edit/photoshop them in an attempt to make them look legit. If so, shame on you. Admins need to learn how to not power monger and flip when someone finds there camp.

I personally like those for ask for evidence when they present none of their own.

This thread is simply hear say until some one comes up with any proof...

I personally like those for ask for evidence when they present none of their own.

Lets reference this thread shall we.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24090

Notice how the admin was asked to provide proof' date=' footage ect... he did not have any. Not the other way around. Hence he was obligated to lift the ban.

The admin accuses my group of combat logging an bans us. He is asked to provide proof of this accusation. If he cannot than the same rules in said thread linked above should apply. No proof, no ban. Simple.

Don't shame your server, because at this point, WDU 1/9th is looking like a pretty shitty place to play.

[hr']

Also I know your hoster, and I know what kind of logs you can access. There is nothing in there that will provide you with any proof of logging out and back in. In any case you are stalling with hopes this thread dies. Just admit you have no evidence lift the ban and be stand up about the situation instead of banning out of anger.

Reeks of buttmad admins to me. The fact they killed 4 of them shows that they weren't combat logging.

Yep.

Lets reference this thread shall we.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24090

Notice how the admin was asked to provide proof' date=' footage ect... he did not have any. Not the other way around. Hence he was obligated to lift the ban.

The admin accuses my group of combat logging an bans us. He is asked to provide proof of this accusation. If he cannot than the same rules in said thread linked above should apply. No proof, no ban. Simple.

Don't shame your server, because at this point, WDU 1/9th is looking like a pretty shitty place to play.

[hr']

Also I know your hoster, and I know what kind of logs you can access. There is nothing in there that will provide you with any proof of logging out and back in. In any case you are stalling with hopes this thread dies. Just admit you have no evidence lift the ban and be stand up about the situation instead of banning out of anger.

I'm going to go ahead and quote the forum moderator Curgon...

Yup, words vs. words...

Until video or photographic proof is presented this is still hear say. So yea...

Post the logs of them logging just before they attacked, (it will be nice and easy to find because they logged right before attacking you so it should be all together) ^___^

That will end this discussion.

Post the logs of them logging just before they attacked' date=' (it will be nice and easy to find because they logged right before attacking you so it should be all together) ^___^

That will end this discussion.

[/quote']

Exactly, until anything is posted this is just a flame war...

Funny thing is, Me and the =ION= Clan play there often. Some without tags and some with our tags. WDU has always been a good place to play, even when we had a major run in with a squad of WDU. If i recall, they threw a grenade at us while we were looting a Supermarket. as far as I'm concerned it still is a good place.

Seeing as a lot of people ghost, I'm siding with the Admin on this one. Either side has yet to provide any valid proof, so til then US35 Is still a great place to be.

I had a great time when you guys assaulted us, gave me some action on my sentry duty :D But I did see two of you spawn right in our camp and it was obvious that you were well prepared before even joining the server. I love how the guy with the Bizon spawned in the tree night next to me and started open fire on one of our team mates straight away.

I had lots of fun, got to shoot down three of you before you got me. But you were ghosting and you know it's wrong.

I tend to side with the people with the most forum posts in these situations until proof is provided.

its just like people caught red handed to jump on the forums and start crying about getting caught when they finally get whats comming to them.

also ghosting is a counterstrike/fps term for spectating or using other game mechanics to observer the oponents without them being able to do anything about it.

this can be using people on thier own team, people who are dead and spectating or in the case of dayz presumably some kind of server hopping to land on your enemies.

which sounds about right.

one guy watches to tell the group of 4 when to jump. 4 jump in and kill as many as possible. spotter comes in and mops up and steals what he can. looks like the OP told us everything we needed to know in the first post :P

We "1/9-WDU" have provided proof to the Day Z staff through the ticket system.

We have won some battles and lost some. We welcome aggressive action against us. That's why we are a military realism unit. A few days ago we lost 6 men in an engagement, our tents were crushed, and our vehicles destroyed. We lost everything. No one was banned and the subject wasn't even discussed. In fact, ShadowWalker ET AL has the fine distinction of being the first group of players to banned for gratuitous exploiting. Our server is a tough but fair environment. We hold our own clan members to the same standard. Our first clan rule addresses this very situation. You can see that at http://wdu.enjin.com/handbook

You and your friends might want to realize that there are people who play this game because they enjoy the challenge. We don't want to cheat, we don't want everything to come easy. The fun is getting the gear, defending it, and learning from each loss. The fact that you lost 4 men even though you clearly exploited is a testament to the skill of the individuals on sentry duty at the time. These men will be awarded medals and accolades accordingly. It doesn't prove anything about whether or not you where ghosting.

As I said before, you and your friends are banned from our server unless the Day Z staff says otherwise. If they overrule our ban then you will be allowed back on immediately.