memphisbelle

Does this Forum not support polls?

Question as above in the thread title,

I already saw many threads which actually would make more sense if they would have a poll, them same for some of Rockets questions.

I tried to find the poll function, but couldn´t really find some, so does this Forum not support any sort of polls?

Nope, the reason is because people started believing the poll outcome was going to dictate the direction of the mod.

wow, that was a fast reply, I haven´t even accessed my user cp...not bad.

According to your answer,

I dont really get what this means, a poll is supposed to represent certain public opinions and give no direction of the modification...but it is OK, if you developer can deal with it, so it is OK. My question has been answered by that.

greets

Memphis

Its the way people were using them at the start..."Should X be implemented: YES/NO"

Its all good and nice, but it was usually started by members of the community, and people who saw a majority in favour came to the assumption it was going to be implemented. It would just lead to people raging about "Why isnt X implemented???"

Dont need it.

Its the way people were using them at the start..."Should X be implemented: YES/NO"

Its all good and nice' date=' but it was usually started by members of the community, and people who saw a majority in favour came to the assumption it was going to be implemented. It would just lead to people raging about "Why isnt X implemented???"

Dont need it.

[/quote']

OK, now I clearly understand what you´re refering to. I thought that you were meaning that, but wasn´t sure though.

If I were Rocket, so I would have a lot of problems to get a clear meaning of the community about what I´d asked, you know what I mean?

He asks a question like this one, and after a few days he recieves more than 30 pages of replies, so he need to read through all of them and besides this he need to figure the meaning of each reply...that is so much time consuming that it actually wouldnt worth to start such a question.

Wouldn´t it be possible to enable this functions for developers or even moderators only? So the devs can ask the questions they needed to be answered by the whide public, and the whide public could not rape that function to mess up with the mod......my 2 cents ;)

(may be I think too much about that...it simply fall into my eyes)

Heh, not a bad idea.

I'd like it if you could start polls but only devs could see the results ;)

A problem with that might be that not everyone that plays the mod(Probably not a good portion of them, actually) comes to this forum, or speaks the same language as these boards. Things can be lost in translation, and you could end up with unintended results from a poll, or worse, a group of people having others spam the polls to try to swing it in their favor, assuming it would have an effect on the development of the mod.

A problem with that might be that not everyone that plays the mod(Probably not a good portion of them' date=' actually) comes to this forum, or speaks the same language as these boards. Things can be lost in translation, and you could end up with unintended results from a poll, or worse, a group of people having others spam the polls to try to swing it in their favor, assuming it would have an effect on the development of the mod.

[/quote']

I am a little confused now...I never heared about such a apprehension before, when it is about a Game related Forum. nearly all game related Forums are covered with several languages, and in all of them the People can talk to each other...The language barrier is the very last problem.

If you guys are a little informed about quite visitied Forums and Games at all, so take a look into the BIS Forums (The actual ArmA Forums) or the ED Forums (Eagle Dynamics --> DCS Series). Both games are very popular and these Forums are very high frequented, there´s nontheless possible to create polls, which makes things easier to ask and to understand.

It is for sure, that some polls are quite senseless, but that can be said for threads as well.

So I still dont really see abny reason why polls are been disabled.

To give an example.

If a developer of this mod asks a ceratin question and create a poll about this, so a reader and simple user of this Forum, would have a clearly better view on the result as those answers are interssting for me to know as well