bhs94

LAN server setup

when i downloaded this mod i did not realize it was multiplayer only so i was kind of bumed then i realized i can setup a lan server to play against a crap ton of zombies. When i went to lan setup their is no day z option for mission choice how do i setup that part of the day z mod thanks and i look forward to playing the mod

there is a way to play it on a lan privately but you still need hive and the server components to do it.

its pretty easy too. but I won't say because devs prob'ly wouldnt like it. suffice to say you still need hive and an instance ID. and you still need to run everything so your stuff gets sent/received from the hive servers.

well how do i get the hive and instance id then

you won't get it for a LAN setup, this is an online persistent experience, maybe one day they'll be an offline version but for now your outta luck..

Fenrix, if you use Hive and your instance ID for abusing the system this way, you will lose access the the database. Dev's are aware of this, so if you are doing it, I suggest you stop.

BlackHoleSlam (an Abyss fan I see :P). It is not possible to host a server on a lan at all.

Fenrix' date=' if you use Hive and your instance ID for abusing the system this way, you will lose access the the database. Dev's are aware of this, so if you are doing it, I suggest you stop.

BlackHoleSlam (an Abyss fan I see :P). It is not possible to host a server on a lan at all.

[/quote']

ok thanks and i love you i use this username on so many forums and no one has ever figured out the reference thank you sir for making my day

im not lofty. i found out when my server did some strange things while i was testing it. and it is possible. to set it up for lan only so no one can see the server. I would not be surprised if people are already doing it.

sad to say but do you guys ever have giveaways of arma 2 combat operations so people can win a chance to play the mod