Just because you're holding it, doesn't mean it is legitimate. All guns in Arma 2 show up in-game and in mods as well, as certainly there is no real way of knowing which guns are in the mod officially. (The wikis have been quite helpful but no real word on if these are updated by developers.)

Just because you're holding it' date=' doesn't mean it is legitimate. All guns in Arma 2 show up in-game and in mods as well, as certainly there is no real way of knowing which guns are in the mod officially. (The wikis have been quite helpful but no real word on if these are updated by developers.)

[/quote']

Err, thanks.

Well, the burden of the Golden AKS was to great. I did the honourable thing. I placed it in the road, made loads of noise with my pistol and ran away. Will be interesting to see if someone finds it or if that is the end of it.

Now to find that pearl encrusted Uzi...

guys!! this weapons are hacked!!! its not the normal game... and we all! have to fight against hackers.. so DONT PLAY WITH THESE GOLDEN AKS DROP IT OR HIDE A BODY WITH IT!!! I HAD ONE TOO BUT I DROPED IT!

Well' date=' the burden of the Golden AKS was to great. I did the honourable thing. I placed it in the road, made loads of noise with my pistol and ran away. Will be interesting to see if someone finds it or if that is the end of it.

[/quote']

Next time you find a suspicious or confirmed hacked in item, put it into the inventory of a dead infected and hide the body. I'd say this is the current general consensus on how to deal with hacked in weapons/ammo/items whatever.

Well' date=' the burden of the Golden AKS was to great. I did the honourable thing. I placed it in the road, made loads of noise with my pistol and ran away. Will be interesting to see if someone finds it or if that is the end of it.

[/quote']

Next time you find a suspicious or confirmed hacked in item, put it into the inventory of a dead infected and hide the body. I'd say this is the current general consensus on how to deal with hacked in weapons/ammo/items whatever.

Ok, cheers for the heads up. I'd have been more concerned if the AKS had extra range, mag size or power. As it is, as far as I know it was purely cosmetic, and I actually quite liked it, it was hard to give up.

Just out of interest, how long will a weapon stay on the ground after I've placed it there. I'm just interested to know the chances of someone else finding it. I put it on a country track in a pretty remote place just for fun...