Cobra (DayZ)

Done with this shit

Yet again another day of looting and getting killed by the first person that I see. This game has turned into a zombie death match with other players. Shoot on sight, and loot peoples shit. Anyone that says anything otherwise is honestly blowing smoke up themselves. Maybe I'll reinstall the game when the zombies don't run around like flies before they attack you...good luck to all.

Pay no attention to the trolls above. They are immature and likely quite bad at the game themselves.

Deathmatch: that's what it is, yes. At least in the sense that if someone sees you and you don't get off the killing shot first: you're dead. But this is a hard core game with perma-death and that is what makes it great and unique. It is not dumbed down like every console game or console port and most PC titles are today and does not hand feed anything with a baby spoon as 99.9% of games continue to do more and more these days. This is why people come to DayZ and stick around.

I personally play on small servers with 6-15 people. If I can, I play on a dark server. It makes it difficult for anyone without NV to see you. As long as it's not "pitch black" dark. On some servers it seems that you can raise gamma/brightness and see enough shades of gray to discern detail that you need to see but at the same time being much safer.

It was a great PITA for me the first week that I played, but I adjusted. Also joining a clan and playing with others makes all the difference. I spend a lot of time at downed choppers looting gear instead of at Stary Sobor/NW Airfield where it is most dangerous and almost guarantees your death if you stick around long enough.

Choppers are also, irrefutably and inarguably the best place to find gear. If you find a chopper there's about a 90% chance you're leaving with the high end gear. Yesterday I found a FN FAL (my personal favorite) with the NV scope. Stary Sobor/NW Airfield has about mid-range gear with a very very low loot chance. You're lucky to even find an M16/M4A1 in your time there. A few hours of loot cycling generally only results in getting a few more of these.

yap yap yap about being a troll...has nothing to do with being a troll and I've played enough great games to know when i see one. I'm not a 15 year old kid that came to this game through MW2 so relax.

its just frustrating to lose shit...initial post was created out of frustration i doubt i'll delete the game.

Since they took side chat out about 90 percent of the players shoot on sight at me and my group. I did have a guy in Cherno say "friendly, guys in side the supermarket" and come in, we chatted for a few minutes as he took supplies to head north and went our seperate ways but it was night time, and the server pop was low cause it was late and a UK server.

That's DayZ for you, it's not going to baby you and hold your hand through the game.