Sign in to follow this  
Nigzda

When your buddy is down, please help him!

Today in AUS1 server, a hord of zombies came after me and a newly met buddy.

I couldn't run away as fast as I could, and the zombies got me.

While I was bleeding, dying on the ground... My buddy killed all the remaining zombies while my sand glass was slowly draining. He was too busy typing "Noooooooooooooooooo.... :((" when he could have at least helped?

I had full medical gear with blood, epin, morphine and painkillers... Instead the "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!" was all he could do.

So guys. If you see a buddy on the ground. Try your best to see if he need medical attention?

I joined a group of 6 guys and we wanted to go to Electro to fetch a friend of theirs... during our trek some guy started playing hunting with us and started shooting. We tried to reply with covering fire, I saw one of my buddies go down and since I had all the medical supplies I crawled to him and started applying help since I was sure he was bleeding out.

Unfortunately a second later I was dead.

I mean this was daring at all but ultimately stupid. There's a thin line where you should help someone or just leave him to die because rescuing him would not work or otherwise would do you more harm.

But in 90% of cases, quick medical attention instead of going 'nooooooooooo' is what people usually need.

Can't really blame newer players though. Isn't like the medical system is intuitive. (Hell, people learning how to use FLARES is a task in itself.)

Can't really blame newer players though. Isn't like the medical system is intuitive. (Hell' date=' people learning how to use FLARES is a task in itself.)

[/quote']

• Like 1

VIDEO

Ever read the blue side chat? "How I flare?" or any other typical request. You're assuming these people play ARMA II before jumping on this and while that would normally be a fair assumption, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Yesterday I noticed two guys asking "How do I aim?".

To expect that guys like this know how to revive someone...

On the other hand maybe he just wanted your stuff.

"Noooooooooooooo!.... Tnx for the gun, bye bye"

Yesterday I noticed two guys asking "How do I aim?".

To expect that guys like this know how to revive someone...

On the other hand maybe he just wanted your stuff.

"Noooooooooooooo!.... Tnx for the gun' date=' bye bye"

[/quote']

lol yeah I also seen a guy asking how to aim, probably the same guy. Where the hell do these people come from?

With all of the people joining DayZ who are new to ArmA 2 altogether I think that there should be a message when logging in that suggests to at least complete the first few bootcamp missions.

Would be nice if you got shot, even in the head, you would go unconscious no matter what for like, 30 seconds or until you bleed out or something.

Just would give your buddy a chance to stick you with adrenaline or something and revive you so you don't have to run for 15-30 minutes just to get back together.

Anyone else agree or is that taking away from the realism of headshot = instant dead?