scullyluke

Messages from the launcher

When the launcher refers to 'the client', is it talking about you or the server owner?

I am trying to get into my favorite moded server and I think it is trying to tell me that the server owner needs to update one of their mods and that my version is too new.

1 hour ago, scullyluke said:

When the launcher refers to 'the client', is it talking about you or the server owner?

I am trying to get into my favorite moded server and I think it is trying to tell me that the server owner needs to update one of their mods and that my version is too new.

Game launcher requests the data from BI master server (MS) where the MS will return to your launcher: mod name and mod WorkshopID (SWSID), then game starts and query the server's Steam Protocol A2S_INFO, which is contains the walues: Server's Mod Folder name, SWSID, and version on the server.

That's all about... As I know.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, scullyluke said:

OK, but who is the client?

Client is your Game/launcher. All that stuff called "Client", when receiver of request is the "Server". That's the understanding of client-server system of network communication. Welcome to IT world 😄