Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyBear182

Walking should be option not requirement

So in some recent posts I noticed this but I think vehicles outnumber people in real life. Bikes, cars, motorcycles, trucks, they don't all break as soon as everyone dies. They'd actually be easier to find laying around and would make more player interaction. That's kinda how I'm starting to think it really should be.. every group has a car, not just one. Walking and running is the stealthy minority and tried and true option, but the mod always had tons of vehicles to get around (I know this ain't the mod, it's much better but). I think people long for that and new players assume it.

Maybe simplify cars and add more? 

5 hours ago, FuzzyBear182 said:

Bikes, cars, motorcycles, trucks, they don't all break as soon as everyone dies.

Lore wise Chernarus is supposed to be post-war and post-pandemic country. Maybe the military intentionally destroyed cars so that the infection wouldn't spread, no clue tbh.

But I do agree that there maybe should be more fixable vehicles.

I wonder if the current number of vehicles is a server performance limit or just purely a balancing act.

its simply because travelling by wheels make things too fast and too easy. Especially when raids are involved and people who "fast travel" from starter bases.

• Like 1

Vehicles have always been a part of the dayz experience since the mod. They could totally add more vehicles. They could up the player count on their servers if they just paid for it, instead of the silly 40/60 player count for the base game. Go look at the community tab and see what Dayz REALLY can be. Modders are making it happen. EVERY play style is there, just browse a bit. The devs made promises they still ( 10 years later) have not been able to keep. There are no original devs working on this game anymore, due to its age. So who knows what kind of goofy idea they will throw in next. Honestly surprised there are no micro transactions yet tbh