Homer1390

Transferring functionality from Arma Reforger

Posted (edited)

Hello. I am interested to know if there are plans to transfer functionality from the Arma Reforger game to DayZ.

For example: A lighting system ( for example, so that it is dark in spaces where sunlight does not enter) since this system is present in Arma Reforger and it is made very beautifully. I also wonder if the mechanics of cars will still be improved due to Arma Reforger, since the suspension works very well in it, and in principle the physics of cars there is quite good and it would not hurt in the DayZ? It is also interesting whether technologies such as AMD FSR will be added, at least the same version that is presented in Arma Reforger, which will help people with weak systems to add FPS at least a little more (I am silent about NVIDIA technologies, since I know that adding them to the game costs money).

Thank you for reading and taking the time to do this! I wish you all happiness!

Edited by Homer1390

well due to arma being the whole reason for the creation of dayz i feel like that would have to be a discussion for the 2 company's since arma could own that aspect of the game ( I am guessing, dont take my word for this)

On 8/18/2024 at 7:21 PM, Homer1390 said:

Hello. I am interested to know if there are plans to transfer functionality from the Arma Reforger game to DayZ.

For example: A lighting system ( for example, so that it is dark in spaces where sunlight does not enter) since this system is present in Arma Reforger and it is made very beautifully. I also wonder if the mechanics of cars will still be improved due to Arma Reforger, since the suspension works very well in it, and in principle the physics of cars there is quite good and it would not hurt in the DayZ? It is also interesting whether technologies such as AMD FSR will be added, at least the same version that is presented in Arma Reforger, which will help people with weak systems to add FPS at least a little more (I am silent about NVIDIA technologies, since I know that adding them to the game costs money).

Thank you for reading and taking the time to do this! I wish you all happiness!

Man the community support answered me about implementung ArmA features in DayZ, long story short she said: DayZ is not the ArmA and BI has no plans for porting the mechanics and features from ArmA into DayZ.

(I wandered about implementation of Helis and Underbarrel Grenade launchers in Arma Ref and no same futures in DZ).

On 8/19/2024 at 3:26 AM, TinyTy said:

well due to arma being the whole reason for the creation of dayz i feel like that would have to be a discussion for the 2 company's since arma could own that aspect of the game ( I am guessing, dont take my word for this)

I will hope that what I have described above will be done in DayZ. Since this would add more comfort and coziness to our game.

15 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Man the community support answered me about implementung ArmA features in DayZ, long story short she said: DayZ is not the ArmA and BI has no plans for porting the mechanics and features from ArmA into DayZ.

(I wandered about implementation of Helis and Underbarrel Grenade launchers in Arma Ref and no same futures in DZ).

Oh, that's very sad. Considering that they have every opportunity to give a "second life" to the game with such innovations. This could be compared to how the game switched to a new engine (in terms of information flow)

On 8/20/2024 at 12:57 PM, Homer1390 said:

Oh, that's very sad. Considering that they have every opportunity to give a "second life" to the game with such innovations. This could be compared to how the game switched to a new engine (in terms of information flow)

Well to be honest I don't see any useful reason for it. New engine means more powerful PCs for players. On my point if I see that I need Intel 12th gen with GF 3xxx/4xxx I'll say go away. I not interested to throw lots of money for 1 useless game. I better get for myself Gibson Explorer or American Fender Precision Bass (lots more fun and features). 😄

For example fine and powerful PC for future 7 years will be costs in my country about $2185. And anyway game is 10 years old and I have some feeling that could be possible solution is releasing DayZ 2 (not yet considered for planning by BI, based on info about 1 years ago).

That's the hardest problem in huge projects when you can make game better and loose about 10 or even 20% of community because of more heavy PC requirements or oeave it as is and everyone how already has fine PCs will cry like children that's the game can be better.

I can understand both sides of that coin, but if will be selected only one single side then others (who's on other side of the coin) will be offended by the game and BI's decision. And I'm bet that BI is proud by their own games and not willing to loose community because of one "sides" of the "coin". I'm sorry for the Aesopian language, but I hope I was able to reach you of understanding of that "impossible" choice.

🙂 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Well to be honest I don't see any useful reason for it. New engine means more powerful PCs for players. On my point if I see that I need Intel 12th gen with GF 3xxx/4xxx I'll say go away. I not interested to throw lots of money for 1 useless game. I better get for myself Gibson Explorer or American Fender Precision Bass (lots more fun and features). 😄

For example fine and powerful PC for future 7 years will be costs in my country about $2185. And anyway game is 10 years old and I have some feeling that could be possible solution is releasing DayZ 2 (not yet considered for planning by BI, based on info about 1 years ago).

That's the hardest problem in huge projects when you can make game better and loose about 10 or even 20% of community because of more heavy PC requirements or oeave it as is and everyone how already has fine PCs will cry like children that's the game can be better.

I can understand both sides of that coin, but if will be selected only one single side then others (who's on other side of the coin) will be offended by the game and BI's decision. And I'm bet that BI is proud by their own games and not willing to loose community because of one "sides" of the "coin". I'm sorry for the Aesopian language, but I hope I was able to reach you of understanding of that "impossible" choice.

🙂 

From what I understand, you know a lot about video games and programming... you should know that every video game can also run on much older or poorer hardware, depending on how it is written. Simply, those who will have very poor hardware, will have to keep the video quality very low and will have poorer performance, and there is still the possibility, as I did for decades, to buy used components from those... more "wealthy"... who want to always stay "at the top" and sell the used components. 😉

6 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

🙂 

I don't agree with that. We are living in the year 2024, in which many new technologies have been discovered. And every year programmers learn new manipulations and improve. In this regard, the functions that I have described, for example, improved machine physics, will not affect FPS. But the function associated with light and its distribution in space can affect performance, but since technology does not stand still, even such a function is made very low-cost in performance. In addition, if you add FSR, then people with any video card will be able to add more FPS to themselves, which may even increase the threshold for entering our game.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

From what I understand, you know a lot about video games and programming... you should know that every video game can also run on much older or poorer hardware, depending on how it is written. Simply, those who will have very poor hardware, will have to keep the video quality very low and will have poorer performance, and there is still the possibility, as I did for decades, to buy used components from those... more "wealthy"... who want to always stay "at the top" and sell the used components. 😉

Well try to run Arma Ref on Intel Core i7 3rd gen with GTX960. Nevertheless check there's the problem like moving of low grade such as lower PC Requirements the good example the DayZ it's self. PC requirements for old releases before 0.68 and after 1.00. I still have a friend that has DayZ and had played less then 100 hours and he didn't played in DZ since end of support of 0.68, he explains his choice by same logic: in dz 1.24 still not implemented 75% of what was implemented inside DayZ 0.68 (last release with old Take On Helicopters engine aka Arma 2.7).

And with some way I'm agreed with him, now he has more powerful PC and money to get awesome machine but he still not wish to play in DayZ. The simple touch but -1 from community side and how many those who left the game and will not return? I know it's rhetorical question but... It is impossible to fit everyone in everything. What is more important is not to lose everyone who is doing well in DZ...

🙂

6 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Well try to run Arma Ref on Intel Core i7 3rd gen with GTX960. Nevertheless check there's the problem like moving of low grade such as lower PC Requirements the good example the DayZ it's self. PC requirements for old releases before 0.68 and after 1.00. I still have a friend that has DayZ and had played less then 100 hours and he didn't played in DZ since end of support of 0.68, he explains his choice by same logic: in dz 1.24 still not implemented 75% of what was implemented inside DayZ 0.68 (last release with old Take On Helicopters engine aka Arma 2.7).

And with some way I'm agreed with him, now he has more powerful PC and money to get awesome machine but he still not wish to play in DayZ. The simple touch but -1 from community side and how many those who left the game and will not return? I know it's rhetorical question but... It is impossible to fit everyone in everything. What is more important is not to lose everyone who is doing well in DZ...

🙂

This is very far-fetched. Arma Reforger, of course, will be more resource-intensive, since the world of the same vegetation in the game is arranged completely differently, which is very demanding in terms of performance, and there are also many random events in the game that are not in DayZ and that need to be taken into account, even if they have not yet occurred. It can be taken into account that ArmA has destructibility, which already reduces productivity at a basic level.