Sign in to follow this  
Jared Martin

Character wipe when switching official servers

Posted (edited)

Same concept as joining a community server for the first time. 

Could be a way to prevent duping.  Will definitely be a way to prevent people holidaying in and plundering no/low pop servers to then wipe out the freshy and mid tier survivors on high pop servers.

Removes jugganaughts dominating new maps on day one of release. Meaning everyone starts from scratch.

Server bases are not so easily stocked/restocked by lax weapon importation governance.  Therefore forcing squads to venture out and put themselves at risk to earn their spoils of war.

Edited by Jared Martin
Clarification, tpyos
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I have suggested having a different character for each server. Don’t allow a character to jump servers. It would keep people from looting up in dead servers just to join a high pop server fully kitted. It’s common sense to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2024 at 5:10 PM, Sean_87__ said:

I have suggested having a different character for each server. Don’t allow a character to jump servers. It would keep people from looting up in dead servers just to join a high pop server fully kitted. It’s common sense to me.

Jared Martin and Sean_87__,

I definitely agree and upvote this suggestion.
Removing the possibility of switching servers while keeping the characters gear on is another step toward the good direction.
Not only switching servers with the gear on allow survivors to loot up in low-pop servers to join a high-pop server and consequently, have gear advantage but it suppresses facing the time and space constraints.

- Facing the night

- Facing the weather

- Changing player's unwanted spawn and position on the map with previous-server gear on

- The possibility of combat log and server hop to avoid a hostile encounter when position is revealed with previous-server gear on

- Finding more bases to raid because the uncommitted-server raider keeps switching servers with his gear on, raid in multiple servers and get the loot to import to his server and come back to his server to stack his character/base/stash without constraints and diminished inconveniences.

- A step toward a more focus on the committed and authentic survival and less rushed death-match couloir 

- It might also prevent duplicating glitches like Jared said. 

The possibility of switching servers with the same character and its gear on is incentivised by absent/low-commitment behaviour, non seriousness and it has an avoidant behaviour aspect to the authentic and unforgiving experience of the game and we need to get rid of this feature.

Sean_87__,
Can you please link me to the suggestion thread that you mentioned above?

Edited by Presence-
  • Like 1

I’m not sure where my post is, I have made several. The games biggest fundamental problem, is the ability to log off anywhere you want. If they fix this, then there is no more combat logging. You shouldn’t be able to just log off anywhere you want. It ruins the immersion. It’s crazy when you clear a building and then someone spawns in what you cleared. I have suggested in the past to make the entire edge of the map a log off spot, as well as putting “hotels” throughout the map for log off locations. This issue, as well as the ability to jump servers with the same character need to be addressed. Help make Dayz great again in 2024!

Hey guys,
I'm a total fan of server-hopping put to the end.

Where do I sign/vote for this? 🙂

On the other hand, I affraid it will break IGW economics - all the gear on characters will stay there till the wipe.

If You go to any other server, all gear on you has no interaction period - these things will just disappear from server for a looooong time...