fdrk

LU129 - Arturia Pendragon

Hi,

I'm one of the Admins at the new LU129 DayZ server.

http://www.gametrack...42.227.86:2342/

Please feel free to contact me via PM or post in this thread if you encounter issues or have any suggestions regarding our server.

Cheers.

Related topic:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35057-nuke-on-lu129/

Edited by fdrk

AAAaargh? everytime we shoot a geared up person there is a reset? >:(

Edit: automated timer needs like a 2min warning.

Edited by PXXL

It's not possible atm, we tried to install BEC, which would allow us to do it, but Vilayer (our host) doesn't support it for now.

Only thing we can do is write it ourselves through RCON if we are online and give an estimate (like we did today) since we don't know the server script time either and don't know at what exact moment it will reboot.

All of our tents have suddenly dissapeared and with that the gear within them.

Any intel on the case?

EDIT! Wait. They have returnd for some reason. but they were deffinitly gone for a day or so.

Confirmed by 3 other people. but now i am seeing that they are back! =O

Edited by GuitarPants

Hey,

EDIT! Wait. They have returnd for some reason. but they were deffinitly gone for a day or so.

Confirmed by 3 other people. but now i am seeing that they are back! =O

Yes they returned after we stopped the server and rebooted it, sometimes after a reboot the database isn't correctly loaded and tents/cars disappear so we have to reboot it until it loads properly. We try to check if tents and vehicles are loaded after a reboot, but sometimes we can't, and until we check them it can take some time. We check the forum from time to time if we aren't online so post it if you see tents weren't loaded (vehicles are more complicated since they could have been stolen or destroyed).

Ah my friend said 4AM my time. Maybe he was wrong.

But then perhaps it was UTC 2:00

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

My guess is your time is UTC+2.

How much can you see and do about disconnecters?

Then i can know what info i should give you :)

I think we all wanna get rid of these type of guys right.

Absolutely nothing, we as admins can't deal with that matter with a ban. DayZ rules state that avoiding death by disconnecting is an exploit but Admins can't ban for it, if we do so we risk the server being blacklisted. *shrugs*

And today your server is running amazingly smooth i must say

Seriously? We still see many issues with it. At UTC 20:20 the server restarted on its own and we don't know why. Still having issues with zeds not moving, etc.. though that's Hive related.

Edited by fdrk

yesterday (at 1 AM [GMT+1]) we had some tents, snipers (2 M107, 2 FN FAL night vision, AS50 + other weapon and some other item likes camos, sandbag,...)

And we had a ATV. But after a reset, all items in tents dispear, we lost all, we don't know why. We hope after some restarts, out items comes back... but i think no ...

-If everything in your tents(not the tents themselves) vanishes after a restart:

The problem with tents is a problem with the Hive database, tents created with an ID greater than 1million are bugged and won't store any items since the number assigned to it is *broken* and won't save it. Tested this myself yesterday creating a new tent and everything disappears no matter what.

I'm afraid until Rocket doesn't say tents are fixed it's not safe to store anything in a tent created recently. Good news is that he said that it would be fixed soon.

-About the ATV:

Did you save the ATV and immediately after the restart you entered and it was gone? (and confirmed tents had respawned correctly?)

From what I've read and know firs hand, ATV are quite bugged, had two cases myself:

1-Server had one ATV bugged for weeks in a bridge and it couldn't be moved, seemed as if it was in an invisble box. Now it's gone.

2-Got an ATV(not sure if it was the bugged one that respawned elswhere), hid it, saved it and after the restart it disappeared (tents and other vehicles respawned properly).

Edited by fdrk

A friend and I just had the exact same problem.

We watched a guy flip his ATV on a bridge. He saw us as we were closing in and before we could get a decent shot the server was restarted.

• Like 1

Can i just say, good show dcing the server just when we have one of you're geared ppl with an ATV pinned.

@Gwaryn and MrPig.

Well as you can see I stated many times in our topics, and you have it in the MOTD too, the official server restart times are at UTC 02:00, 10:00 and 18:00 and they are without warning since we can't install BEC. If we reboot manually we state it and give 2min warnings.

So please before you accuse read the MOTD, and before you reference other posts inform yourselves since those people had nothing to do with us.

I know the incident you talk about, and it is quite unfortunate you had pinned down my mate when it hit that time, so please check your clock, I got the logs and you can see for yourselves the time of the incident and restart time (18:00 UTC = 20:00 CET), and we lost the ATV due to that restart too, never to been seen again.

It is your responsibility to check the official restart times and read the MOTD, I won't enter a discussion regarding this matter, that's what happened and I got proof of it, end of story.

Edited by fdrk

My friends and I buzzed several camps on your server last night with our chopper (which we promptly lost thanks to a restart). So many disconnectors! Most notable was the (completely blind and retarded) guy lying under a bush at the massive camp 'up north'. He must have been waiting under that bush for quite some time for the looters to arrive, didnt see them when they did arrive despite being within 15m and looking directly at my friend, and hit ALT F4 quicker than I could say "lolpwnd" after I sprayed him up with the doorgun.

We looted 11 ghillies from that camp, I'm going to be a walking bush for quite some time....

My friends and I buzzed several camps on your server last night with our chopper (which we promptly lost thanks to a restart). So many disconnectors! Most notable was the (completely blind and retarded) guy lying under a bush at the massive camp 'up north'. He must have been waiting under that bush for quite some time for the looters to arrive, didnt see them when they did arrive despite being within 15m and looking directly at my friend, and hit ALT F4 quicker than I could say "lolpwnd" after I sprayed him up with the doorgun.

We looted 11 ghillies from that camp, I'm going to be a walking bush for quite some time....

So that's why last night there were so many people online, we knew something was going on but didn't bump with you guys, what a shame..

About disconnections, yeah.. there are a lot unfortunately, it's a plague all servers have, hopefully that will end soon.

You could still have the chopper if you read the MOTD in which is clearly stated that the server restarts at 10:00, 18:00, 2:00 UTC automatically. Guess you'll remember from now on.

Quite surprised most of the posts are all about the server restarting at the official time...

I hope Vilayer adds an option to announce automated restarts soon.

So that's why last night there were so many people online, we knew something was going on but didn't bump with you guys, what a shame..

About disconnections, yeah.. there are a lot unfortunately, it's a plague all servers have, hopefully that will end soon.

You could still have the chopper if you read the MOTD in which is clearly stated that the server restarts at 10:00, 18:00, 2:00 UTC automatically. Guess you'll remember from now on.

Quite surprised most of the posts are all about the server restarting at the official time...

Yeah indeed, was completely our fault for not saving it everytime we touched down anyway - this will become one of those unbreakable rules our group has to follow... next time(?) we find a chopper lol (Edit: just to clear this up, we lost the chopper while refuelling long long after any player encounters and it was indeed the scheduled restart at 2am UTC and entirely our own stupid fault)

And yes you're right about disconnectors alright! Sorry I didn't mean to seem like I was slandering your server saying everyones a disconnector as its most definitely a universal problem at the mo, it was just hilarious for once instead of annoying; to spot people in the woods next to tents only to watch them pop out of existence moments later - this won't save the precious tenty goodness!

Amen to automated server restart messages.

Edited by Finderp

What happend? All of our tents have disappeared. I think disappeared all tents at the server.

What happend? All of our tents have disappeared. I think disappeared all tents at the server.

That bug happens quite oftenly after a server restart, I'll restart it again and that shoud fix it.

Hi! I have got a problem. I was driving the car when i suddenly lost the connection with the server. I reterned to the server but car has disappeared. How can i fix it?

Hi! I have got a problem. I was driving the car when i suddenly lost the connection with the server. I reterned to the server but car has disappeared. How can i fix it?

Hi, if the car wasn't stolen, it should be close to the place you lost connection. If not, try follow the path you took with the car, as a last resort try to look around the last place you stopped with it.

So 2 days ago me & my buddy find a helicopter, fully repaired n all somewhere on the edge of the forest. Within the next 30 minutes of flying it around our pilot gets kicked off the server. This had nothing to do with ping or server restarts or any of this bullshit. Needless to say the helicopter crashes & we fucking die for no good reason whatsoever. Today we find that helicopter in the exact same spot we found it 2 days ago, rollback much? A guy is sitting inside, my buddy takes a shot at him. He falls down, out of the heli.

Guess what? "fdrk has been killed"

Edited by Mavor

So 2 days ago me & my buddy find a helicopter, fully repaired n all somewhere on the edge of the forest. Within the next 30 minutes of flying it around our pilot gets kicked off the server. This had nothing to do with ping or server restarts or any of this bullshit. Needless to say the helicopter crashes & we fucking die for no good reason whatsoever. Today we find that helicopter in the exact same spot we found it 2 days ago, rollback much? A guy is sitting inside, my buddy takes a shot at him.

Guess what? "fdrk has been killed"

Awaiting your bullshit excuse.

About the helicopter being there I would answer you gladly but guess what, for being a bigmouthed douche you'll have to guess or look up the forums like the rest of humans and find out how ignorant you are.

About kicking, if your mate got kicked by any admin all the server should've seen a message stating Battleye Kick(or ban) Admin: "reason", please post the screenshot that I'm sure as hell you don't have because that never occured.

Enjoy your Admin paranoia. Cheers.

• Like 1

About the helicopter being there I would answer you gladly but guess what, for being a bigmouthed douche you'll have to guess or look up the forums like the rest of humans and find out how ignorant you are.

About kicking, if your mate got kicked by any admin all the server should've seen a message stating Battleye Kick(or ban) Admin: "reason", please post the screenshot that I'm sure as hell you don't have because that never occured.

Enjoy your Admin paranoia. Cheers.

Because admin abuse rarely happens in this game.

Please...

It's true however that I don't have any proof. But c'mon, you've got to admit it's all a bit suspicious.

And last, but not least; I'm far from paranoid. Just seen enough bullshit happen, that's all. I could be wrong in this case, maybe not.

That being said, you just made yourself look like an ass by personally insulting me, when I did no such thing.

• Like 1

Greetings,

I'm the other admin of the server, even if normally I'm quiet and let fdrk to deal with people. He can be can ass, but I assure u he will not if you don't provoke him.

You edited ur post marvon and tried to look smart but it wasn't a clever move.

I will asnwer your post and you will notice how few u know about the game and its bugs. We repaired this chopper somedays ago (can't remember the exactly day and i don't want to give false information) when the server was running Dayz version 1.7.2.4 then next days the last beta arma released and we were forced to update the server to the 1.7.2.5

What happens is the version 1.7.2.5 of Dayz DOESN'T SAVE VEHICLES AND TENTS properly and after each restart all vehicles and tents are rolled back at were saved before install that lastest game version.

So the chopper u found some days ago was the one we left there and then installed the new version. What it means is everytime the server restart the chopper will appear there. No matter if u save it or crash it or eat it.

And for ur information Mavor, You can find plenty posts on the forum about what admins can and can't do...and rollbacks is something we CAN'T do. I suggest u to start read forum now that you registered ;)

So when u killed fdrk we were picking the chopper, and I was configuring my controls which were reset (no idea why). And when u killed it, i just flight away with the chopper.

About the kick. I can assure you we dont' kick for no reason, would be stupid to kick your pilot when we can recover the chopper at next restart ^_^

There is a simple reason why we dont' kick people and we don't admin abuse ( even if we can't abuse much been admin). We are two single people renting a server. It costs us a lot money every month and the only reason why we do it is because we want a nice server with a lot people in it and out of admin problems.

We want people who plays on it have fun and come back to play again with/against us, and we know for that happens you must provide a good "service". You can keep playing on the server if u wish and with time your admin paranoids will dissapear :)

Regards,

Nesie

Edited by Nesie

About me editing my post: I edited it before fdrk replied, but he musta stil quoted my original post. I changed it cuz it looked a bit mean after I read it, and to be honest with ya, I was just a bit pissed about the whole situation.

Thanks for your reply by the way, this clears up a lot of confusion on the issue. I can see why fdrk is pissed too though, since we killed him, but we honestly thought you guys were a bunch of hackers. (this was before fdrk died, after wich I thought it was just admin abuse & spawning heli's in the game)

This is our bad because we weren't aware of the constant rollbacks. So, I appologise for my rant earlier.

How about next time the server rolls back, we just share the heli & fly around like friends? As far as I know only my friend and you guys know it's location, so we won't shoot you guys.

Peace.

Edited by Mavor