nemorus

Dayz vanilla launcher working with linux

I mean i click dayz on steam and get its basic launcher - which is good. Then i click "mods" tab and all i can see is red exclamation marks, "corrupted" symbols next to each an every mod i've installed via steam workshop. Because mods are being installed who knows where. I know there are tricks, manual overrides - things i don't need in my life. All i want is the launcher to actually work with linux systems without needless jazz. DZGUI allows me to play but to do anything else real launcher is needed. I don't understand why its not available? What is going on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nemorus said:

I mean i click dayz on steam and get its basic launcher - which is good. Then i click "mods" tab and all i can see is red exclamation marks, "corrupted" symbols next to each an every mod i've installed via steam workshop. Because mods are being installed who knows where. I know there are tricks, manual overrides - things i don't need in my life. All i want is the launcher to actually work with linux systems without needless jazz. DZGUI allows me to play but to do anything else real launcher is needed. I don't understand why its not available? What is going on?

Also in Linux you can click any drop-down menu and launcher stuck until you'll not shut it down with double barr... with top/htop/kill or any other task manager that you prefer.

Yes, support your point, the mods not working, there's links, but there's no validation of references because Linux filesystems are quite different then windows. I have no way even to start the game when on windows no problems at all.

I don't know it the game needs so many fixes I can't imagine how awful is working DZ srv on Linux.

I guess it was done escaply nothing to port the game on *NIX systems because the game non op without Wine wrapper...

• Thanks 1