Batman696969

Character Not recognized as dead after death

first up im not really sure if this is a place to ask questions but im really frustrated about this one. If my character dies, it usually shows in the main menu "time survived: -2" and customize character. If i die tho, it still counts the time my character survived and i cant change the appearance of the character, just rename it. I have an unused character that i can customize, but if i try to join a server, i get logged in with the unchangable character. i tried it with both official and community servers and it still doesnt work. Thanks for any help in advance :)

If its happening on every server then purge dayz (settings as well) from your drives and then install it again. Just to eliminate (already low) possibility of corrupted files. Also create a ticket on feedback platform (link in a top menu).

14 minutes ago, nemorus said:

If its happening on every server then purge dayz (settings as well) from your drives and then install it again. Just to eliminate (already low) possibility of corrupted files. Also create a ticket on feedback platform (link in a top menu).

I already did it. Deleted all the dayz files in my steam folder and then deleted the game from steam. still the same problem

Hit the feedback platform i've mentioned - devs might have an idea.

17 hours ago, Batman696969 said:

first up im not really sure if this is a place to ask questions but im really frustrated about this one. If my character dies, it usually shows in the main menu "time survived: -2" and customize character. If i die tho, it still counts the time my character survived and i cant change the appearance of the character, just rename it. I have an unused character that i can customize, but if i try to join a server, i get logged in with the unchangable character. i tried it with both official and community servers and it still doesnt work. Thanks for any help in advance 🙂

I've got the same stuff while loosing connection or got kicked.

Also perhaps that might be related to the server and it's mods. Same as that could be presetted as default values. That's quite odd situation, but I don't see any specific in that case...

As the variant try to rename 'DayZ' folder in you Documents to the 'DayZ Backup' and start the DayZ. Also preset your character. It it will fix your issue we can suggest that's something wrong with profile files, if it's not - create the ticket at DayZ Bug Tracker...