bradleybrand

Deleting Character

I have an issue with a character profile which I cannot delete.

Possibly specific MOD(s) causes this issue. Or not.

Each time I join 'Black Legion Clan S.T.A.L.K.E.R', the server crashes. Previous players are fine, whenever a new player joins it crashes. It usually sorts out eventually but with my profile it still causes the issue.

No option to delete the old character profile. Tried deleting files in Documents/DayZ but the come back.

Perhaps you know the MOD causing issue?

Any suggestions?? It's a fun game but seems buggy (for me).

Character should be stored on the server itself - so its servers owner job to delete that data.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bradleybrand said:

I have an issue with a character profile which I cannot delete.

Possibly specific MOD(s) causes this issue. Or not.

Each time I join 'Black Legion Clan S.T.A.L.K.E.R', the server crashes. Previous players are fine, whenever a new player joins it crashes. It usually sorts out eventually but with my profile it still causes the issue.

No option to delete the old character profile. Tried deleting files in Documents/DayZ but the come back.

Perhaps you know the MOD causing issue?

Any suggestions?? It's a fun game but seems buggy (for me).

I'm completely agreed with @nemorus the server owner/admin shall remove your character data from database.

For that case he need to get some information from:

1. Your character name

2. Your SteamID64.

Then he will able to get your profile GUID remove from players.db your character entry.

As result you will able to join and will be created new player.

But again you need to talk with server admin/owner.

• Thanks 2

The server admin has never been able to identify a MOD causing a issue.

Each time a player dies, the server crashes. When that player tries to rejoin, the server crashes again. Sometimes even more times.

Problem eventually fixes it's self but we have no idea of the cause.

The MODs are all up-to-date.

Posted (edited)

How about oldest method? Testing server with the very same setup (minus regular players). Let testers play and see if results are the same - if so then its all about turning off mods one by one and testing each time until getting what youre looking for. Also it might not be a mod from the list youve provided. Any change in vanilla setup is considered a modification. And this game is very special when it comes to setting interpretation. Finally don't forget about cache. Some settings will not change just like that - administrator must also delete cache. If not then the game will ignore new directions.

Edited by nemorus
s

I don't know what you mean by "profile", but if it's the "face and skin" of the character... if there isn't a specific mod, that depends on the game and I don't think the server manager can delete a specific character . The hive is very complex and I have never found information explaining how to "edit" it. You only have specific "general" sections that you can totally delete or leave, but I've never read anywhere that you can "edit" hive information on a player-by-player basis.

14 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I don't know what you mean by "profile", but if it's the "face and skin" of the character... if there isn't a specific mod, that depends on the game and I don't think the server manager can delete a specific character . The hive is very complex and I have never found information explaining how to "edit" it. You only have specific "general" sections that you can totally delete or leave, but I've never read anywhere that you can "edit" hive information on a player-by-player basis.

Mate you're wrong with understanding of deleting of specific character. I can say about DayZ official servers, but all custom servers has two sub types of database.

Database A aka player database is SQLite3 datanase file format.

It has 2 tables, 1st is 'vesion' table and seconds 'data' table with data of all characters that's was on the server. The structure is quite simple: field ID - number of integer type; Alive - bollean (0 or 1), means is character alive (1) or not (0); UID - the character UID is stremid64 stored as AES 254 hash; Data - the character data.

Knowing of player's steamid64 and some C# code for converting to aes256 gives you the UID, within you will able to get charater for deletion, but if admin has no idea how to use C# or anyother programming language he/she can search for logs by character name and find data marked as Player XXXX (UID=HASH) joining to the server.

He/she will able to perform character wipe on the server.

Second type of DB is server's database (events, buildings, vehicles and etc) that's no way for description (generally) without knowing of how it was serialized (all fields and etc) all those data stored as binarized data, cam be debinarized if you know all class fields that used for serialization (thanks to the MFC-model, where classes can be overriten and extented).

So generally if admin/op has some knowlages he/she can perform all nessary actions or at least to contact with server admin for resolving the situation around the trouble.

11 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Mate you're wrong with understanding of deleting of specific character. I can say about DayZ official servers, but all custom servers has two sub types of database.

[cut]

Given that I don't know C or C++ programming...

But do you claim that you are able, or do you have programs that allow it, to read and modify (with modifications made ad-hoc) the hive files of a server? We are talking about: "***\steamapps\commom\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1" That is, the various "players.db", "spawnpoints.bin", "animals.bin", "building.001/002/bin", "dynamic_***.***/bin", "events.*** ", etc...

Can you suggest me a program that does this?

P.S.

Regarding the main topic of this thread, it would be worth checking mod x mod, which probably depends on one of these... my 5 cents.

On 6/28/2024 at 11:11 AM, Riddick_2K said:

Given that I don't know C or C++ programming...

But do you claim that you are able, or do you have programs that allow it, to read and modify (with modifications made ad-hoc) the hive files of a server? We are talking about: "***\steamapps\commom\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1" That is, the various "players.db", "spawnpoints.bin", "animals.bin", "building.001/002/bin", "dynamic_***.***/bin", "events.*** ", etc...

Can you suggest me a program that does this?

P.S.

Regarding the main topic of this thread, it would be worth checking mod x mod, which probably depends on one of these... my 5 cents.

It's not C/C++ ir whatever else development language. SQLite is standart of portable databases.

If you need application - feel free to use SQLite DB Browser (there's for Windows & many Linux Distros, if I don't missed anything also there's for Mac OS).

It's free open source Grafic User Interface (GUI) for work with SQLite dta***ses.

If you familiar with Standart Query Language (SQL) - then you will have no any issues with that.

If you not familiar search for guides how works with SQL database, how make queries like: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, logical operators for selections, JOINS (LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN, INNER JOIN) and etc.

P.S. In hight register I'd written only name of operations, it's not for kidding or any other bad behaviors.

It's kind of standate to write query's operators in hight register, when fields (field of table, name of database) always writing in lower register.

for example here for you example query:

SELECT Id, Alive UID FROM Players WHERE Id="1";

Line above will return you the fileds values from table Players (Id - #record in table; Alive - bool where 0 = dead, 1 = alive; UID - character uid generated with aes256 from steamid64 (7656119........). And other other and other from second character from data base.

The SQLite DB Browser is simpler then writing manually queries and it allow you manupulate the data in that database. If you wish you can wipe character, if you wish - you can make backup of character or even delete character.

Just have fun 🙂

• Thanks 1