Sign in to follow this  
ineedferrets

In-game mic chat?

I was just wondering what was happening with in-game mic chat because I remember that people would be kicked for 'abusing' in-game mic chat. Is it still in the game and if you use direct comms is it only people nearby who hear you?

I don't like using ts or skype with friends because I don't really feel immersed in the game.

Thanks.

In game chat works' date=' sidechat has been removed so you shouldn't have to worry about being kicked.

[/quote']

Awesome. Cheers, mate.

Other than using abusive or racist language on direct chat you should be ok, as the radius of people who can hear you is relatively small. And anyone spamming direct chat just for the sake of it is more likely than not to be found with an axe implanted in their character anyway.

I speak with people on direct all the time for various reasons. The radius of affect is smaller than you would think. Not sure if written text has a larger radius or not, never tested it.

I speak with people on direct all the time for various reasons. The radius of affect is smaller than you would think. Not sure if written text has a larger radius or not' date=' never tested it.

[/quote']

Vocal directional chat can usually be heard at about 30 meters, but its possible to here at around 80 meters. Text chat is guaranteed up to at least 80m I believe.