Sign in to follow this  
Swi1ch

Do we need more persistence?

I'm not about to suggest we add stats and experience and levels, but I was wondering if DayZ could do with a little more character persistence. I'm thinking about it for two reasons:

1. Groups of players stashing items with an over-watch team and running light to pick up loot.

2. Over-saturation of Cherno and Elektro, where players can just deathmatch.

I know the first one is realistic, in that you would almost certainly do something like this, but in this situation players are not emptying themselves to run faster or to be able to carry more gear, but so that their character becomes worthless; they've essentially stashed their 'character' on the ground, and can fairly easily reset upon death.

The second one is also fairly realistic, as hotspots of supplies that are contested makes sense, but right now players are doing similar to #1 in that they're stashing gear and have fairly little fear of dying.

I think that it shouldn't be really possible to for a player to get into a position after the first hour of life on that character where they can safely throw away their life to almost no consequence.

What do you think? Do you think it's fine as it is now? If not, do you have any suggestions? I can't think of anything that would really give players pause for though before suicide running or deathmatching outside of stats.

No.

50 players is hardly a massive amount you could go hours without seeing anyone' date=' we dont need less players.

[/quote']

I'm not suggesting we reduce amount of players...

More persistence of items is needed with moar people per server if this is ever going to get to a stage where there are player [towns, trading, goals that require multiple days on the same server to achieve]