Riddick_2K

Great patch, I can't play anymore.

Today I try the new patch for the first time and...

I start the PC, I set it up like all the other times (CPUID HWMonitor, MSI Afterburner, screenshot folders, etc...), I start Steam, I start DZSA, I try to enter a vanilla Public server where I played before... starts on game... black screen... and the blue wheel that turns, turns, turns, turns, turns, turns... (now, ONLY for DayZ, I use W10)... but the game DOES NOT start.

I go out and check "Activity Management" and the game is "not responding".

I go back into the game and click on the black page, and a white page appears saying that the game is not responding and Windows is reporting the problem to M$ (roughly, I don't remember the exact words).

I'll try with the vanilla launcher... More or less the same thing, but I have some more information:

DayZ crashed - Exit code "0xCFFFFFFF - STATUS_APPLICATION_HANG"

& (I don't know if it's related)

To the "Battleye State": The file "C\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_df0bee9f4cb9436e\nvwgf2umx.dll" was blocked from loading.

I have already checked out all the game files from Steam.

The "nvwgf2umx.dll" file should be an nvidia driver library, but I haven't changed any drivers (they're always the same ones) and Battleye doesn't seem to have been updated either... I don't know if that's exactly the "problem".

Can anyone give me some more "precise" suggestions that aren't the classic "reinstall everything again"?!? (which often just wastes a lot of time without accomplishing anything).

😦

Ok, I'll answer myself.

The library scan (SFC) didn't give anything special.

I installed other video drivers and... it works... and Battleye no longer blocks that library for me.

Ok, those were old drivers, but is Battleye blocking a library... never seen before... if it hadn't been corrupted ?!?

All's well that ends well.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Ok, I'll answer myself.

I installed other video drivers and... it works... and Battleye no longer blocks that library for me.

Ok, those were old drivers, but is Battleye blocking a library... never seen before... if it hadn't been corrupted ?!?

Actually BE can block any app that runs on your PC. No matter is that good or bad app.

For example in Arma 3 when you're creating dll library extension you shall manually send it to the BE for exploring and whitelisted...

Also on first dayz of DZ 1.25 I got Steam patch issue. Solved by removing the Addons folder and redownload. 🙂

Edited by Sid Debian

On 5/31/2024 at 12:06 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Ok, I'll answer myself.

Which other drivers did you download? I'm in basically the same boat but haven't reinstalled DZSA, but when I launch the vanilla game I check play without mods.

• Beans 1

At the moment I have the 551.86 64bit INT WHQL drivers, but I think that any new driver, even if it updates that library, will "unlock" that idiotic and useless "Battleye" system... 😉