Kyiara

1.25 Server Wipe announcement

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Remierk said:

How long till console update? any updates? Waste of using PTO from work!

That was a really DUMB idea. Never use your PTO around the launch of a new game or patch. You never know what might go wrong.

Edited by Deathlove

I am in Michigan  , U.S.  I have seen no evidence of a wipe yet. It is 6:30 pm my time  may 27

On 5/14/2024 at 12:43 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Thanks for helping us maintain the progress we've made... although for this "cycle", due to more important RL issues, I won't be able to look for my survival record. But thanks for changing your "attitude" about Wipe. Thank you so much... Perhaps the best step forward I've seen in DayZ in the 4 years I've been playing.

I agree, I spent over a year building this guy into a year long survivor.  I hate the beginning. Already did that. Now its hard core PVP and staying alive for as long as I can. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Deathlove said:

That was a really DUMB idea. Never use your PTO around the launch of a new game or patch. You never know what might go wrong.

wasn't really pto dummy look at what day it is in the U.S XD i just wanted to get an answer 

Edited by Remierk
miss spellings and such

33 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

I agree, I spent over a year building this guy into a year long survivor.  I hate the beginning. Already did that. Now its hard core PVP and staying alive for as long as I can. 

join or rent a server... to may dups hidden everywhere 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Remierk said:

join or rent a server... to may dups hidden everywhere 

We all play for very different reasons. I don't want to rent a server or even know the people I'm playing against. I don't PVP against friends. I don't hunt fresh spawns. I want to be the one who decides when I bite it. Not some guy behind a desk.  What this game needs is another level. Maybe a couple servers where there are no fresh spawns, where the convoys and helicopters are alive and well and hunting us. Where the best of the best can fight it out till only one is left.  Just suggesting a place to go for those of us who have arrived at a different place so to speak.  I would rather be moved to such a server with my personal gear  and a chance to be the best instead of being wiped .  That is all. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Remierk said:

wasn't really pto dummy look at what day it is in the U.S XD i just wanted to get an answer 

Than don't use PTO as an excuse? Lol

Just now, Deathlove said:

Than don't use PTO as an excuse? Lol

dont reply to subjects you have nothing to add

20 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

We all play for very different reasons. I don't want to rent a server or even know the people I'm playing against. I don't PVP against friends. I don't hunt fresh spawns. I want to be the one who decides when I bite it. Not some guy behind a desk.  What this game needs is another level. Maybe a couple servers where there are no fresh spawns, where the convoys and helicopters are alive and well and hunting us. Where the best of the best can fight it out till only one is left.  Just suggesting a place to go for those of us who have arrived at a different place so to speak.  I would rather be moved to such a server with my personal gear  and a chance to be the best instead of being wiped .  That is all. 

2 words community servers. im in one i know zero people 

• Like 1

Just now, Remierk said:

dont reply to subjects you have nothing to add

I would say the same. Stop crying about the servers not being updated. Besides on Twitter they said nothing was going to be updated anyways today.

Just now, Deathlove said:

I would say the same. Stop crying about the servers not being updated. Besides on Twitter they said nothing was going to be updated anyways today.

who uses twitter anymore...

• Haha 1

Just now, Remierk said:

who uses twitter anymore...

I know. Why have a main forum if your not going to update the damn thing? Lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deathlove said:

I know. Why have a main forum if your not going to update the damn thing? Lol

facts

10 hours ago, Remierk said:

What is  "PTO" ?

42 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

What is  "PTO" ?

"Paid Time Off"

2 minutes ago, Deathlove said:

"Paid Time Off"

😯  A true fan (atic) 😄

11 hours ago, Remierk said:

Hi, sorry, I have no info at this moment, I hope to be able to update you on this soon/today. Console updates are more complicated as it includes MS and Sony, so things are not moving as fast as on Steam. Note: It's not because they would be slow, It's just totally different and more complicated process.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Hi, sorry, I have no info at this moment, I hope to be able to update you on this soon/today. Console updates are more complicated as it includes MS and Sony, so things are not moving as fast as on Steam. Note: It's not because they would be slow, It's just totally different and more complicated process.

Thanks for getting back to us. I will wait till the update is posted here to log in. 

12 hours ago, Remierk said:

2 words community servers. im in one i know zero people 

I don't play on one server. I use 5 high pop, 3 Livonia and several low pop servers. I move freely between them  .  I have tried  or should say my son  has tried community servers.  One server does not fit my way of playing. I want the freedom of movement between servers with my gear. I like it that the last update saved my progress. I applaud  that decision by Bohemia.  There is no valid reason to wipe characters . Other games like Fallout 76 don't do it.  Like I said before I would like to see a better end game scenario for Dayz.  Some "official" servers where experienced geared players can go to avoid the player wipes , zero fresh spawns harder survival. Maybe even have the Russian army or the Western forces return to hunt the remaining survivors . I have played video games since 1979 . I am an old hand at this gaming stuff.  I love Dayz  as in the concept of it and the zero rules for PVP . PVP in Fallout 76 for instance is a joke where people buy their way to the top. However Fallout does not wipe characters even if you die in game. That goes too far the other way. They make it too easy with zero consequences for being stupid.  So in short I don't like Player wipes never have ,never will. I already did the beginning so many times . It gets old.  

3 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Thanks for getting back to us. I will wait till the update is posted here to log in. 

Hi, copy from today's tweet No one is happy about the delay 😕 

Hey everyone, Just a quick update: we're still addressing issues related to deploying the 1.25 update on console platforms. We will provide more information tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.