Lenegar

Ban ban by abusive admin

Guys, my clan was banned 2 days later when entering a server, they accused my clan of being a hacker and we didn't use it, and they accused it without proof without screens, that is, they tarnished our image on Steam without any proof, could you help me report this case of admin abuse?

• Beans 1

Admin abuse isn't nice but there also aren't any rules against it. They can ban whoever they want from their own server, just like you can ban anyone from entering your own home.

I suggest you just find another server to play on.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, BosmoR said:

Admin abuse isn't nice but there also aren't any rules against it. They can ban whoever they want from their own server, just like you can ban anyone from entering your own home.

I suggest you just find another server to play on.

Base of all rules is respect yourself, other players and admins. It's everywhere and works like bible. Like or hate - it's no one cares and most important it's not caring any admin.

1 hour ago, Lenegar said:

Guys, my clan was banned 2 days later when entering a server, they accused my clan of being a hacker and we didn't use it, and they accused it without proof without screens, that is, they tarnished our image on Steam without any proof, could you help me report this case of admin abuse?

Mate please understand one stuff, you are the player and the worst part - you are not the one who plays on any server in dayz. If you got ban and it's not permanent by BE or devs of dayz - accept and relax, find better server where you can feel yourself more free.

If you got banned without the reason by your understanding - try to find the way to contact with server admin and try to explain what's happened and then to find the way for resolving that ban. If no way to contact - accept and search another server.

As the server admin I can say as I understand the server hosting and the way how amdw do I ban players, I wish to point it's only my understanding and nothing more, it's working for me but not for any other admin...

If player disrespect admin, players and operate like a b*** or b***ing other players - first time I'll type to him why he's wrong (consider that's like the warning), next time I'll give him the perm ban and let him go away.

If admin is abusive offend other players or sabotaging their game experience that's that issue that you can't resolve, because most of admins knows one truth about hosting of the server - server for players and not players for server, admin spending his own money for hosting the server and any kind of donations from players to admin(s) of the server is only the way to say thanks for the server (or get some stuff for clan/player).

So it's your way honestly. If server is good for you try to communicate with highest admin (server owner), explain him the situation and maybe if ban was for no reason he/she will unban you. If not sorry but no one actually can help you with that coz devs/be/community can unban you, only admin can do it.

Please understand it as is, I'm not saying that some is right or someone is wrong, I just saying how do I understand it and nothing more.

With my regards mate I hope you can solve your issue and return back to the server wehre you had played. And for sure with my regards 🙂

20 hours ago, BosmoR said:

[CUT]

just like you can ban anyone from entering your own home.

[CUT]

A game server is NOT like "your house"... is a rented place where you run a public game and do it for other people to play... like a Bar or Restaurant. You can't kick people out without a justified reason, NOT like it's your home !

But this is a problem that originates in the B.I. rules and how it enforces them. It is a problem common to many video games, always because the companies that sell them prefer the rent money (favoring the administrators who pay, even if they are children who have never grown up and are arrogant and domineering) rather than seriously committing to making their game work in a civilized and humane environment... even when managed by third parties.
But the worst, in my opinion, is seeing that most of the other people (those not directly involved) NEVER side with the victim... but always with those who "hold the power" (in this case the asshole admin on duty )... I always see these things, even in "normal" life.
At work I have always seen workers side with the exploiting boss and never with the exploited worker (cowards and opportunists)... and the institutions almost never do anything... (long speech). Same thing in video games... generally the players (if they are not involved) agree with the admin in charge (out of cowardice and opportunism)... instead of all abandoning the server... It is the companies that sell and manage the video game that SHOULD make sure this could NEVER happen. But no one wants to limit sales or lose rental profits, and we know that those who rent a server (and pay for it), do so... essentially... to be able to mind their own business. Very often it is precisely the most frustrated with life and the most "fanatic" who are willing to spend on a server where they can then vent their frustrations and "adolescent lust for power" on the unfortunate person in question. (as well as cheating the game and the statistics, it depends on the game, obviously) Since 2003, with my first ADSL, I have been seeing these things... in ALL the video games I have tried, where it is possible to rent a server and where the company that rents it essentially turns a deaf ear to earning as much as possible.
Console yourself... DayZ is "just" a video game. When (unfortunately too often) the same thing happens in real life, and MUCH worse... 🙄

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2024 at 4:42 PM, Riddick_2K said:

A game server is NOT like "your house"... is a rented place where you run a public game and do it for other people to play... like a Bar or Restaurant. You can't kick people out without a justified reason, NOT like it's your home !

That's solely based on your personal beliefs and morals. There's no rule, written or unwritten, that says you have to provide service to everyone who joins your server. I'm glad BI doesn't try tell me I can't ban people at will based their suspected cheating, actions, words, ethnicity, religion or the first letter in their username.

• Sad 1

That would be unfair - since they can shut down any server (or rather game files) they deem suspicious and without prior notice. Seen it once myself :). 

• Confused 1

I, on the other hand (on Battlefield), saw fight the rigged and "stat-padding" servers only until BF2 was the last game released. Then, when BF-BC2 came out, they started turning a deaf ear to every report of a rigged server. When BF3 came out they actually shut down support and the "rigged" servers grew like mushrooms. It seems clear to me that their aim was only to make money, not to concern themselves with the "correct use of their software"... and, perhaps, the incorrect use of the "old servers" was also convenient for them because it encouraged the "honest" players (out of exasperation) to migrate to the new game, which had support.
In my opinion, companies that make video games should be obliged by law to control and guarantee the "peaceful and correct use" of their servers, or NOT allow private individuals to manage them.
And, if we really want, also maintain a staff that constantly follows the various servers (and the various reports) personally, following "suspicious" players and not just reading the server logs... if they ever do that. But that of cheaters players is a longer and more complex discussion.
But at least the correctness of the use of one's own servers... if given to private individuals to manage... should be the "basis of civility" for every video game... the "minimum wage".
Otherwise it's like giving a powerful scam and bullying tool to a child, because often (in all the video games I've tried), whoever takes the trouble to manage a server does it out of the desire for power over others and uses that power to gratify his own ego and, sometimes, that of his friends/clan.
Always my 5 cents.

On 4/27/2024 at 4:42 PM, Riddick_2K said:

What nonsense are you talking about? Let's say I have my own server hardware. Who do I rent it from? Or are you saying that I should have signed a lease agreement with myself? Smells like schizophrenia. And yes, even by opening some kind of bar, restaurant, etc. I can make access there, for example, according to a certain dress code, which again is not for everyone. Moreover, I can make this place closed and give access there only to certain people or demand money for entry. Again, paying for entry on your part does not guarantee that the security of this establishment will not throw you out onto the street for violating some local rules.