DrzZzZt

New GPU needed - AMD still got bad FPS in DayZ?

So after 5 years, my 1080ti blacked out on me yesterday and is not recognized in UEFI anymore.

To replace it, I am currently eyeing various easter offers. A nice looking one is a Sapphire 7900GRE. Seem to have nice bang for the buck and also it got buffed considerably by recent AMD drivers. Then I remembered that in the recent past there were serious FPS and texture issues with AMD GPUs in DayZ . Being on team green for the last 5 years, I never had to deal with this, so I´m unsure If I should switch vendors. DayZ is my main game nowadays.

Can anybody confirm if this is still going on or did AMD fix the issues with 7XXX GPUs? Is there a workaround maybe?

Thank you for some feedback!

Posted (edited)

Can't speak much from personal experience as I had no issues on AMD RX580 (older card) and now I upgraded to an RTX 4060.

A friend of mine upgraded to a RX 7600 a year ago and he had much worse performance than my old RX580. Not sure how it is now, but there was something wrong with his card/drivers and it's not only in DayZ. Some other games have some weird crashing issues.

Edited by DefectiveWater

i had a rx 7600 and i had problems with fps...now with a rtx 3060ti i have no problems.

I've been using an RX 6700XT amd card for few years now and it's great. I've run it on windows for a little bit at first but now I play dayz on desktop Linux exclusively. It's been rock solid. I actually don't know if I've ever had it crash in the last 400 hours of game play over the last 3 years or so. 

I've upgraded from R9 380 4gb to RX7700XT recently and even driving in heavy foliage areas with maxxed settings fps is solid 60 fps. However, I had the same ordeal with surroundings going white and subsequent CTDs, when I didn't have enough space for the game cache on disk C:. Try to allocate more storage space for C disk, it helped me a ton.

Edited by kukaracho