twing1

[Modding Suggestion] Include Item Maximum Durability in types.xml

This is a humble suggestion to include maximum item durability values into the types.xml file.

This file is already a master list of most interactable items in the game, which allows modders of both PC and console versions of the game to edit certain characteristics of the items included, such as their spawn locations, spawn quantities, etc. 

Including durability values into this file will allow for a more complete modding experience and give server owners the long-sought after ability to change durability values of specific items, such as suppressors, guns, and tools, without affecting other items in the loot pool.

• Like 2

You can change that by making your own mod, overwriting vanilla values...

On 3/24/2024 at 6:47 AM, twing1 said:

This is a humble suggestion to include maximum item durability values into the types.xml file.

This file is already a master list of most interactable items in the game, which allows modders of both PC and console versions of the game to edit certain characteristics of the items included, such as their spawn locations, spawn quantities, etc. 

Including durability values into this file will allow for a more complete modding experience and give server owners the long-sought after ability to change durability values of specific items, such as suppressors, guns, and tools, without affecting other items in the loot pool.

Why for (only curious)? You can override it by your own mod without any brain blowing and anykind of desync between server and clients.

You simply asking for adding useless parameter that should be synchronized between users (on server) and server and keep synchronized until player left the server (within processing it for correct calculation and removing possible item desynchronization when server thinks that your suppressor has 75% health and client said, nope it's gone/done/wasted).

Mate i really have no idea why should you do it except you wish to add more lags to the game and increase data traffic between clients and server.

Nice suggestion but I don't see normal reason for it.

P.S. I'm not blaming or something and have no point for offending (you) for idea, but may you please explain why it shall be setted that way when you can use your own mod that will works for clients and server without sync between all of them at runtime and not increasing the data traffic?

With my regards for suggestion!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Why for (only curious)? You can override it by your own mod without any brain blowing and anykind of desync between server and clients.

You simply asking for adding useless parameter that should be synchronized between users (on server) and server and keep synchronized until player left the server (within processing it for correct calculation and removing possible item desynchronization when server thinks that your suppressor has 75% health and client said, nope it's gone/done/wasted).

Mate i really have no idea why should you do it except you wish to add more lags to the game and increase data traffic between clients and server.

Nice suggestion but I don't see normal reason for it.

P.S. I'm not blaming or something and have no point for offending (you) for idea, but may you please explain why it shall be setted that way when you can use your own mod that will works for clients and server without sync between all of them at runtime and not increasing the data traffic?

With my regards for suggestion!

Thanks for the response, and no offense taken.

The short answer to your question is this: I play on PS5, and on console versions of the game, custom mods are not available.

Introducing item durability (max values, not current) into the types.xml file would allow console community servers another level of customizability that is currently not available.

Console versions are stuck at default durability values, and allowing community servers control over this vanilla value would bring them that much closer to the customizability of the PC version of the game without requiring a huge amount of dedication from the developers.

Edited by twing1

13 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

You can change that by making your own mod, overwriting vanilla values...

Unfortunately custom mods aren't available for console versions of the game. The addition of maximum durability values into the types.xml file would give console community servers a level of customizability that is currently unavailable to them.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, twing1 said:

Unfortunately custom mods aren't available for console versions of the game. The addition of maximum durability values into the types.xml file would give console community servers a level of customizability that is currently unavailable to them.

I see in that case it's awesome for consoles. But don't hurry up for 2 reasons:

1. It anyway requires some time for developers implement requested features.

2. I suppose to think that consoles will never ever get features like mods supporting because of jercs from consoles supports that's said we don't care var a - give use money for that feature or var b - we are awared of megasupergoddamnitmthrhckrhaclersthatmayblowheckingup ours consoles for nothing so no ways.

In one of the streams of BI they answered about it that's issue isn't on BI side and platforms not willing to allow that features.

Within knowledge of that I'm sorry that I had misunderstood you and supporting your suggestion as needed for console players!

Edited by Sid Debian