Moonzter

Error code 0x00040004. Help.

I'm playing on a modded private lan server on Chernarusplus, but when I start the game it kicks me out with the error code 0x00040004. If I start the server and just lets it run, it's no problem. The problem occurs when I actually start playing the game. I might be able to play for a minute or ten, and get kicked out.

I have another map I play on (Banov private lan. 1400 hours flawlessly), I have no problems with that one. This one is also modded.

I have deleted the documents folder. I have checked my ping. I have verified game files. I have updated the mods. I'm playing on a 500/500 line, ethernet. This is seriously giving me gray hairs.

Did you checked out popular threads? For example this one: steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/3810655055429682793/. There's also official path, by making or updating tickets such as: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175150

Connection errors are common occurrence in "DayZ". Was fighting with something similar for years - and even complete change of network, pc and os did not fixed that permanently. It's this game that's problematic.

Yeah, I've checked almost everything. Googled til my fingers bled. 😂 Thee strange thing is that it only happens on the Chernarus map. The other one i have works great.