Sign in to follow this  
ShepardMerc

Another game where nothing is being done about hackers

I'm not even sure this should be in troubleshooting. I'm playing on official EU servers, about 220 hours, no mods what so ever. I have come across quite a few examples where other players knew exactly where I was, even though under normal circumstances they should've had no way of knowing, the only way they could've known is if they see through walls/objects. I don't know what kind of anti-cheat system is being used in the game but its clearly not working.

The other problem, in the one good run/character I had, where I finally reached all my goals of collecting the right loot, food, equipment, weapons, ammo, medicine, so I don't have to run around all the time and I can just stay in one place for a while, the "server unreachable" error ended that short fun quite fast. I tried figuring out what could cause that error and how to fix it, needless to say I couldn't fix it, and seeing all the people with the same problem in these threads and videos, I can pretty much say goodbye to that character.

In case anybody wants to check it was Chernarus Vanilla, Server IP 188.34.194.199 Server port 11000. I even thought I got banned from that server for cheating, which would be ironic since I'm not a cheater, yet real cheaters/hackers are left alone. Or maybe they shut the server down completely. Either way, I refuse to spend hours running around hoping that I don't run into a hacker, because then its "whoops, you got unlucky, time to start all over again, sad for you". Pretty sure thats not how a tactical survival game is supposed to be played.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done. Nothing is being done about hackers, and the one good character I had is gone due to a ridiculous error. I asked Steam for a refund twice, but naturally their bs policy about playing more than 2 hours allows them to refuse.