cmcaleer

Idea for better code lock system?

It never sat well with me that your character can die, and then a brand new character, seemingly just entering Chernaurus from the coast, can go to your base, and know the combination lock. 

I think this is against the spirit of the game. Yes, base building and persistence is a  part of the game, but a new character somehow knowing the code set by a dead character whom they have never met doesn't make sense in a game this realistic, and is immersion breaking. 

My idea is that instead of inputting a code, your character inherently knows the combination once the attach it to a gate, and can teach it to other players by handing them the code-lock. 

This way if your character dies, if they have taught the code to another player, then the information is retained, and they can teach it to your new character by in turn handing them the lock, otherwise, you will have to break into the base.

It's all about roleplay and most people ain't in that type of play. You can set your own rules for your characters and be strict with that. Problem solved, no mods/updates needed.

• Beans 1

Posted (edited)

I really dislike running back to a fight after dying, picking up a gun and shooting the guy who just killed you.

Or people dropping their gear in a sneaky spot before going into a fight because they can come back from the dead to retrieve it, this defeats the purpose of the game and is really unfair against people who don't do that.

My idea would be loooooooooooooong respawn timers.

I'd like a server that only lets you rejoin after a day.

Or a bunch of servers which ban you for a week if you die, so you can join another one and keep playing.

Then we could also increase the time it takes for dead bodies to despawn 🙂 🙂

I love finding corpses that tell a story and give me epic loot surprises (pretty much impossible with the current 30 min despawn).

Edited by Pyongo Bongo