KA-74USER

New Spawn System Made Me Quit Playing

TLDR : ( The new spawn system made it unfeasible for me to play with my friends. It has increased the time it takes to meet together by a large margin. )

The only way to quickly meet up is for both of us to kill ourselves and respawn together. I  like to introduce my real life friends to this game by having them spawn cycle until they find me in a certain city or vise versa. Because they are new to the game i would show them what a landmark in a city like cherno looked like and tell them when they came online to meet me there by spawn cycling. 

I would usually hike there before hand or one of us would usually cycle through spawns as a fast way to get together. usually me because i did not need the gear to survive and because i would be far off north playing solo when they were not online. 

Now because of the new spawn system both of us are forced to kill ourselves and start fresh every play session because of the unpredictability of spawns. and trying to get geared up and survive in a town thats been looted already on a populated server is a tedious task, directing noobs to towns inland and meeting halfway when they have little to no experience is also unfeasible. 

we are stuck in the early game far too long and traveling to meet up when one or more of us has no idea where to go takes too long as well. Most people with jobs and lives don't have longer than 3 or 4 hours a day to play with me and since the change to spawns all of that time is taken up just trying to get set up. Playing with my noob friends and introducing this game to new players has become a boring chore. 

right now it feels like i either waste all of our play session time hiking to meet them. or have to start as a group of freshies in a looted town. and because i want to play solo when they are busy, logging off and on together is not an option. 

it destroyed the way I play this game with friends and i think it is a huge deterrent to introducing new players to this game. Great for solos and experienced groups, but awful for the onboarding experience... all of my new friends think this game is just a freshie simulator and refuse to play because of it. Before i was able to meet them with some basic gear and guide them through the early game frustrations while they learn the ropes. 

Everyone i introduced to this game before that change has become a dayz addict, everyone after the change has refused to play after a few 3 hour sessions end in failure.

i used to love playing with noobs, being a teacher, because i got bored of the cycle of faction combat / being a deathsquad. 

Now its no fun, I quit. ... for now

My suggestion is to gamify this one aspect of the game and allow friends to spawn together in a party. 

All of my experiences come from official servers, and it will always be my preferred way to play the game.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, KA-74USER said:

TLDR : ( The new spawn system made it unfeasible for me to play with my friends. It has increased the time it takes to meet together by a large margin. )

The only way to quickly meet up is for both of us to kill ourselves and respawn together. I  like to introduce my real life friends to this game by having them spawn cycle until they find me in a certain city or vise versa. Because they are new to the game i would show them what a landmark in a city like cherno looked like and tell them when they came online to meet me there by spawn cycling. 

I would usually hike there before hand or one of us would usually cycle through spawns as a fast way to get together. usually me because i did not need the gear to survive and because i would be far off north playing solo when they were not online. 

Now because of the new spawn system both of us are forced to kill ourselves and start fresh every play session because of the unpredictability of spawns. and trying to get geared up and survive in a town thats been looted already on a populated server is a tedious task, directing noobs to towns inland and meeting halfway when they have little to no experience is also unfeasible. 

we are stuck in the early game far too long and traveling to meet up when one or more of us has no idea where to go takes too long as well. Most people with jobs and lives don't have longer than 3 or 4 hours a day to play with me and since the change to spawns all of that time is taken up just trying to get set up. Playing with my noob friends and introducing this game to new players has become a boring chore. 

right now it feels like i either waste all of our play session time hiking to meet them. or have to start as a group of freshies in a looted town. and because i want to play solo when they are busy, logging off and on together is not an option. 

it destroyed the way I play this game with friends and i think it is a huge deterrent to introducing new players to this game. Great for solos and experienced groups, but awful for the onboarding experience... all of my new friends think this game is just a freshie simulator and refuse to play because of it. Before i was able to meet them with some basic gear and guide them through the early game frustrations while they learn the ropes. 

Everyone i introduced to this game before that change has become a dayz addict, everyone after the change has refused to play after a few 3 hour sessions end in failure.

i used to love playing with noobs, being a teacher, because i got bored of the cycle of faction combat / being a deathsquad. 

Now its no fun, I quit. ... for now

My suggestion is to gamify this one aspect of the game and allow friends to spawn together in a party. 

All of my experiences come from official servers, and it will always be my preferred way to play the game.

Hi, I am sorry to hear that :(.
But may I ask how is that now more difficult for you than before this system was introduced?

It should be like the spawn mod where you choose where you want to spawn. But if you die within x minutes of spawning someplace, you have a cool down period before you can spawn there again. It works great and I see no downside. 

• Like 1