It would be good to be able to write notes on paper and nail them to objects such as doors.

You could wrote notes for years.

Got removed.

Requested countless times.

No official statement on it yet.

I find myself thinking "If only notes were in the game right now" all the time while playing, there are countless ways to make player interactions really interesting with notes.

This post needs more attention! I want hand written notes back in the official vanilla game so badly.

It would be so cool to set up things like treasure hunts, or geo caches and leave notes of the coordinates of a stash for other survivors to find. To leave notes for ambushes. To leave context behind somewhere for a player to find and interact without even needing the physical interaction.

Personally I don't think people leaving offensive notes lying around is a problem that should keep notes out of the game, I think it makes the game even more interesting, like if I find a note full of swastikas I'm not going to just stop playing the game because I'm offended, I'm going to try hunt a Nazi!

• Beans 1

Foul language wasn't that much of an issue. Collision was. Notes placement was botched - and so the whole thing was scrapped. Right now we have a mod available which allows to write longer than usual notes (vanilla ones could cut letters off if there were too many), with different fonts and colors - but collision is still problematic. Can't place them even on trees without problems.

37 minutes ago, nemorus said:

Foul language wasn't that much of an issue. Collision was. Notes placement was botched - and so the whole thing was scrapped. Right now we have a mod available which allows to write longer than usual notes (vanilla ones could cut letters off if there were too many), with different fonts and colors - but collision is still problematic. Can't place them even on trees without problems.

I am content with having them be just how they were, just paper that you can read like the map item, I don't necessarily want to be able to build a sign or attach the paper to a wall, even though that would be nice to have. I'm happy with storing the paper in a container, on my person, or even just loose on the floor for someone to pickup.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1