Riddick_2K

Do we know the day of the official public release of 1.24?

9 minutes ago, aux7 said:

today

dMCXkMO.png

Thank you.

🙂
But... also having to ask and seeing that it's a player answering and not a "staff member" is a lot to think about...

🤔 🤨

Now that I look carefully at the photo posted...

Are we sure that it refers to "DayZ" and not to "ArmA"?

🤔

P.S.
The comment is "ironic", but unfortunately also "too real" given the path DayZ is taking... 😕

DayZ & Arma are connected, DayZ would not of existed if Arma did not exist  .. .

DayZ is the child of Arma .  . . & now surpasses it

relatively DayZ standalone is approaching the condition it was in as DayZ mod

Edited by aux7

30 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Now that I look carefully at the photo posted...

Are we sure that it refers to "DayZ" and not to "ArmA"?

🤔

P.S.
The comment is "ironic", but unfortunately also "too real" given the path DayZ is taking... 😕

I will make a note not to forget to publish the date on the forum as well. 👍
The image refers to the new content. And this is very tricky as some poeple don't want more rifles, some do. We were also asked for more camo variations for months.
But I honestly don't think that any of these will change the DayZ path.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

The image refers to the new content. And this is very tricky as some poeple don't want more rifles, some do. We were also asked for more camo variations for months.
But I honestly don't think that any of these will change the DayZ path.

Well... A bit of a complicated discussion, but... you don't have to listen to everyone. If one day, someone asked for a flying pink unicorn... would you add it to the game?
I think, but it's my opinion, that you should first decide what exactly this game should be... and follow that guide.
From what I have read (and which I also mentioned regarding the "Wipes") it should be a survival of the pandemic... some weapons are fine, but the REALLY important things should be all those concerning the survival of a virus pandemic (shelters , improvised weapons, leatherwork and craftsmanship, safe and defensible bases) do not remake an "ArmA clone".
I know that DayZ is "derived" from ArmA, but precisely for this reason... it is NOT "ArmA" anymore, it's another type of game, otherwise it would have been enough to continue with ArmA. And this is a concept that many have not understood.
I reiterate the concept that: those who only want to hunt other people, their game is "ArmA".
DayZ should be ANOTHER GAME.
Sorry for the outburst, but I will never get tired of repeating it.

Edited by Riddick_2K

9 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Well... A bit of a complicated discussion, but... you don't have to listen to everyone. If one day, someone asked for a flying pink unicorn... would you add it to the game?
I think, but it's my opinion, that you should first decide what exactly this game should be... and follow that guide.
From what I have read (and which I also mentioned regarding the "Wipes") it should be a survival of the pandemic... some weapons are fine, but the REALLY important things should be all those concerning the survival of a virus pandemic (shelters , improvised weapons, leatherwork and craftsmanship, safe and defensible bases) do not remake an "ArmA clone".
I know that DayZ is "derived" from ArmA, but precisely for this reason... it is NOT "ArmA" anymore, it's another type of game, otherwise it would have been enough to continue with ArmA. And this is a concept that many have not understood.
I reiterate the concept that: those who only want to hunt other people, their game is "ArmA".
DayZ should be ANOTHER GAME.
Sorry for the outburst, but I will never get tired of repeating it.

Ah, trust me, we don't. You would be surprised by the kinds of requests we receive. 😉 Let's put it this way: there are hardcore players, people who loved the mod back in the old days, and then there are the changes and additions made in the past ~3 years that they don't like. However, the game is being played like never before. And development requires players for it to continue. That's just how it is. Within the DayZ team, it's not just one person deciding what the game will look like; it's the whole team plus feedback. Finding the middle ground and still keeping both sides happy is not easy.
I know a guy who developed his own game. He made it exactly to his liking, what he thought was best for the game. But guess what? The game was not successful; it wasn't really selling. The feedback from players testing it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't enough for him to keep developing it. The moment he adjusted to what players wanted, the game started to sell and he could keep working on more games...
There is so much you need to take into accunt when creating or updating a game. 
But I take your feedback as the game is very organic and I hope there is much more for it to come.🤩

On 2/20/2024 at 1:03 PM, Kyiara said:

Ah, trust me, we don't. You would be surprised by the kinds of requests we receive. 😉

cut....
But I take your feedback as the game is very organic and I hope there is much more for it to come.🤩

Do you only consider the feedback you receive at "https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/", or do you also consider those from the forum?

AND...

Have you ever watched the "Wobo" videos and maybe even read all the comments on the videos. Take a look at this video and, above all, his comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7FawRK4X-I

On 2/21/2024 at 1:14 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Do you only consider the feedback you receive at "https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/", or do you also consider those from the forum?

AND...

Have you ever watched the "Wobo" videos and maybe even read all the comments on the videos. Take a look at this video and, above all, his comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7FawRK4X-I

Feedback Tracker is always the best as it's easy to come back to it and to mark the ticket with our internal tools.
But we are also gathering feedback from forum or social media channels, that feedback has different procedure, as it's being handeled manually. We overall prefer the first one, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't pay attention to feedback that is worth it and is missing on FT.
We watch all Wobo's videos 😇. We are also in touch with him as with many other content creators and we do read comments. Maybe not all of them but I would say most of them. And by "we" I mean not just the community team, but also the devs.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 2:07 PM, Kyiara said:

We watch all Wobo's videos 😇. We are also in touch with him as with many other content creators and we do read comments.

If you have also read the comments on that video on Wobo's YT, you will also have understood that the people asking for new weapons are decidedly few compared to those asking for other more "survival" features and above all the solution to the game's defects (including vehicles ), rather than new weapons and hats/handbags.
And that video is just an example of what you read around, not just in your forum.

😐

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

If you have also read the comments on that video on Wobo's YT, you will also have understood that the people asking for new weapons are decidedly few compared to those asking for other more "survival" features and above all the solution to the game's defects (including vehicles ), rather than new weapons and hats/handbags.
And that video is just an example of what you read around, not just in your forum.

😐

Can't satisfy everyone. Even if they do everything (adding content, fixing bugs, adding features and expanding survival like they plan on doing) there will always be somebody to complain about the free updates.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Sure, obviously.
But since the argument had been brought up that "to sell you have to please as many people as possible"...
Do you want us to try to open a survey to see how many would like more weapons, how many would like more constructions (leather, wood and survival in general) and how many would just like to fix the defects? Maybe even a fourth entry about hats and handbags (if anyone misses them).
Maybe in a "neutral" place other than the forum of the company that sells this game?
I bet I already know the ranking of the various positions...

😁