Kyiara

Stable Update 1.24

On 3/4/2024 at 6:36 AM, AUS_NZ_SniperCap said:

@Kyiara any update on an ETA to resolution?

The team is working on a fix, aiming for this week.

On 3/4/2024 at 11:50 AM, Kuzyn. said:

Hi @Kyiara

During experimental there was a "false" report that bushes tank damage and deflect bullets a lot etc. but it seems that for trees it is a thing? Which is kinda opposite to what was said during the stream, that changes of trees hitbox wont have a signifact gameplay impact.
But for now it looks like they had a huge impact and with bigger hitboxes it is totally unreliable when there is a shooting in forest:

WOBO How Trees Reduce Your Damage & Accuracy in DayZ 1.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZJfLGMU9B8

The team will check If everything works as intended. Thank you

14 hours ago, Fangz-7b069a34f76ef289 said:

Since the new update I have been getting the worst lags spikes and fps drops ever, game was running fine before the update, as for other games they  run like a charm... but  Dayz is just unplayable with these fps drops. Take note that i got 2070 super i9-10900 32gb of ram I have tried all kind of optimization but noting works... Help I can't play with this stuttering

The best for such issue is the Feedback tracker. As Kuzyn suggested - If it's the same issue as he has, you can just comment under his ticket.
I have also find this issue for you to possibly comment on, but it seems it's solved for the player.
Thank you

• Like 1

@Kyiara
Good day hello.
I am looking for more information about shotValidation in serverdz.cfg for our server The Struggle Bus. What does this setting do?

I cannot find it in the patch notes or in any of my community modding Discords for DayZ.

Thanks 

On 3/5/2024 at 3:11 PM, Operativo Bandito said:

@Kyiara
Good day hello.
I am looking for more information about shotValidation in serverdz.cfg for our server The Struggle Bus. What does this setting do?

I cannot find it in the patch notes or in any of my community modding Discords for DayZ.

Thanks 

Hi
Would this help? Sorry, not sure what exatly are you asking.

Since 1.24 update if wearing improvised feet wrapping the steps sound is broken and now the same as most of the other shoes. Also, the generated sound volume increased accordingly. The bug is reproducible at any time. 

PC Stable 1.24 Update 3 - Version 1.24.157623 (Release on 07.03.2024)

GAME

FIXED

• Thanks 2

with the last update he noted a sudden loss of FPS in my server

11 hours ago, Danypolo said:

при последнем обновлении заметил внезапную потерю фпс на моем сервере

It seems to me that after update 1.24, in principle, FPS became much less! especially on the server side

13 hours ago, Danypolo said:

with the last update he noted a sudden loss of FPS in my server

1 hour ago, Kreser said:

It seems to me that after update 1.24, in principle, FPS became much less! especially on the server side

Please check my reply to Fangz and add a comment to the FT tickets mentioned (If it's the same issue). Thank you!

I launched a clean server and made several suicides. The corpses are still lying there!!
     <var name="AnimalMaxCount" type="0" value="0"/>
     <var name="CleanupAvoidance" type="0" value="1"/>
     <var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadAnimal" type="0" value="1"/>
     <var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadInfected" type="0" value="1"/>
     <var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadPlayer" type="0" value="1"/>
     <var name="CleanupLifetimeDefault" type="0" value="1"/>
     <var name="CleanupLifetimeLimit" type="0" value="1"/>
     <var name="CleanupLifetimeRuined" type="0" value="1"/>

Posted (edited)

Awesome, Reforger already got GP25 and M203, copters (how long time passed since it was released? And I bet not in that decade dz will got em...)

The game is abandoned like the Arma 2, but about Arma 2 has something good to remember here nothing about the bugs only...

Edited by Sid Debian

On 3/6/2024 at 4:48 PM, Aleksei Pankov said:

Since 1.24 update if wearing improvised feet wrapping the steps sound is broken and now the same as most of the other shoes. Also, the generated sound volume increased accordingly. The bug is reproducible at any time. 

Hi, I don't think there are any plans for this (or at least not any time soon). You can find the ticket here.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:14 AM, Sid Debian said:

Awesome, Reforger already got GP25 and M203, copters (how long time passed since it was released? And I bet not in that decade dz will got em...)

The game is abandoned like the Arma 2, but about Arma 2 has something good to remember here nothing about the bugs only...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Just wanted to clarify, we're not trying to become Reforger. We're constantly striving to improve with each update. DayZ is far from abandoned— I would say the growing player base speaks for itself, doesn't it?
We value everyone's feedback, so let's keep it constructive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was really looking forward to this patch, a ton of performance related improvements looked great on paper. Now, with these improvements in place, many servers are reporting dramatically reduced server performance.

When fix plis?

• Like 1

B.I. keep acting like the Reforger tech wasn't supposed to be in Dayz first. Instead you sold it to people as reforger. Sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 6:02 AM, Kyiara said:

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Just wanted to clarify, we're not trying to become Reforger. We're constantly striving to improve with each update. DayZ is far from abandoned— I would say the growing player base speaks for itself, doesn't it?
We value everyone's feedback, so let's keep it constructive.

This is a bit ignorant… It’s not much to tout player base from a game that allows players to make endless amounts of alt accounts and exploit them… There are legit dupers and exploiters that run on at least 5 accounts, so when you’re counting player population keep in mind that a huge chunk of those “players” are the same people just on different accounts ruining the game for most people who play DayZ the way you intended…. Every official server has players in Duped gear running around spawn towns. These players dupe kits and sell kits on social media. Is that something you’re gonna make an excuse for too? 

Here’s some feedback that will be ignored just so you can add a few more cosmetic items for the dupers to Dupe… Most dupers use a 2nd console to exploit the items so maybe add a process that can detect accounts logging in from a new console within a time frame of literally just being logged into a different one seconds ago and then give them a cool down timer like you do with alt switches… There are other methods but this is the most abused one.

Edited by LarryBERG

2 hours ago, LarryBERG said:

This is a bit ignorant… It’s not much to tout player base from a game that allows players to make endless amounts of alt accounts and exploit them… There are legit dupers and exploiters that run on at least 5 accounts, so when you’re counting player population keep in mind that a huge chunk of those “players” are the same people just on different accounts ruining the game for most people who play DayZ the way you intended…. Every official server has players in Duped gear running around spawn towns. These players dupe kits and sell kits on social media. Is that something you’re gonna make an excuse for too? 

Here’s some feedback that will be ignored just so you can add a few more cosmetic items for the dupers to Dupe… Most dupers use a 2nd console to exploit the items so maybe add a process that can detect accounts logging in from a new console within a time frame of literally just being logged into a different one seconds ago and then give them a cool down timer like you do with alt switches… There are other methods but this is the most abused one.

So what, I have 2 accounts and one my server. I don't need to dupe anything - I simply have admin tools. But sometimes I need 2 accounts at the same time on the server and sometimes i need login one-by-one on the server at the same time UUIDS & SteamIDs on both accounts are different (ouch it's really obvious isn't?) but I'm using the same profile name and now the question: if I not dupping butI need 2 accounts on the same server (idk rewriting of admin tools and validating that everything works as expected) how I can do it if the game/server will probably block that action?

About dupping I'm not sure, but i think there's some methods that allow make dupes without second account/game instance (don't know coz it's not interesting to me)...

8 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

So what, I have 2 accounts and one my server. I don't need to dupe anything - I simply have admin tools. But sometimes I need 2 accounts at the same time on the server and sometimes i need login one-by-one on the server at the same time UUIDS & SteamIDs on both accounts are different (ouch it's really obvious isn't?) but I'm using the same profile name and now the question: if I not dupping butI need 2 accounts on the same server (idk rewriting of admin tools and validating that everything works as expected) how I can do it if the game/server will probably block that action?

About dupping I'm not sure, but i think there's some methods that allow make dupes without second account/game instance (don't know coz it's not interesting to me.

You’re not bigger than the game. So what if fixing duping the easiest way would cause you a minor inconvenience? Just like when they added a cooldown timer to account switches on the same server… Did it cause a minor inconvenience for legit players? Yes, but the positives it added greatly outweighed the negative. Same situation here. 

14 hours ago, LarryBERG said:

You’re not bigger than the game. So what if fixing duping the easiest way would cause you a minor inconvenience? Just like when they added a cooldown timer to account switches on the same server… Did it cause a minor inconvenience for legit players? Yes, but the positives it added greatly outweighed the negative. Same situation here. 

Right, I'm the way it bigger, I'm alive. That's the base your problem. When you'll reach the information that humans play in DayZ and not AI or monkeys with the joysticks attached to their heads, maybe you'll find that it's not so siple as you suppose to thing. Live is the way harder when you became the developer... Don't thing that BI just don't give a heck on everything. I'm sure they doin the best they could to remove many different way for duping. And if you can't reach it with own small child mind - remove the baby pacifier from your mouth and think how you can assist the BI for solving that situation instead of only crying so hard... Be wise and not small or event stpd that you're now in this dialogue.

If you know how to dupe - open the *private ticket and explain every step of duping as a guide. BI devs can reproduce that ticket and find the makers for punishing of such ad players. But cries is only the crying. It''s not the information for recreation and not the recipe how to reproduce and find that mistake/bug which is caused to the duping. If you still not cached - the dupe is the bug and without the info how it can be reproduced it's only the information about nothing. It's the same like you'll get to each passerby human on the street and will repeat that Earth in the Space...

As I suggested you before: "Be wise and not small".

*Private - coz not sharing that information for each user of Bug Tracker of BI...

PC Stable 1.24 Update 4 - Version 1.24.157828 (Release on 11.04.2024)

GAME

FIXED

Fixed a known exploit related to inventory interactions (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T180294https://feedback.bistudio.com/T180282https://feedback.bistudio.com/T180283https://feedback.bistudio.com/T180278 - private)

Fixed a server crash primarily happening on community servers

KNOWN ISSUES

Traps might desynchronize between players and server, a client restart should resolve most inconsistencies - a fix is being worked on for the next game update

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:40 AM, Kyiara said:

Hi
Would this help? Sorry, not sure what exatly are you asking.

There is zero documentation about shotValidation = 1 or 0 does, that's what they and now me are asking. What does this setting do exactly?

On 4/11/2024 at 3:31 PM, Sileed said:

There is zero documentation about shotValidation = 1 or 0 does, that's what they and now me are asking. What does this setting do exactly?

The info I got is: It is default disabled but we highly recommend enabling it for your server, no matter you are hosting for PC or Console.
But no further details to be shared...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kyiara said:

The info I got is: It is default disabled but we highly recommend enabling it for your server, no matter you are hosting for PC or Console.

That's explain everything but nothing...

• Beans 1

On 4/17/2024 at 6:02 AM, Kyiara said:

appreciate the update 🙂
As feedback, perhaps the team should consider updating the serverDZ.cfg included with the server files, with each update, with all the possible server options WITH recommended values pre set and comments.
It seems they do it on the wiki but it would be helpful to see the default file change so we know without having to check the wiki each time

25 minutes ago, Sileed said:

appreciate the update 🙂
As feedback, perhaps the team should consider updating the serverDZ.cfg included with the server files, with each update, with all the possible server options WITH recommended values pre set and comments.
It seems they do it on the wiki but it would be helpful to see the default file change so we know without having to check the wiki each time

Hi, I checked, but sorry, that won't be possible.