Sign in to follow this  
DarthVolga

So about zombies breaking your bones...

It's pretty fucking absurd. I can put up with Zombies constantly making me bleed, hitting me through walls, and being the most annoying shit ever in this world of clunky gameplay... But when a zombie can suddenly and randomly break my bones after getting somewhere in this game while I'm at full HP, it's fucking infuriating.

Either make morphine more common or get rid of this bullshit. Broken bones should only occur from falling or gunshots.

I'm not exactly game to crawl for hours in search of morphine.

zombies teleporting 20ft and pimp slapping you to the ground is realism

Broken legs from falling or bear traps only.Severe bites as a chance by zombie requiring antibiotics,morphine and a medkit.:)Makes getting bit a pain in the ass trip to a hospital if you dont have the supplies BUT at least you can make the trip.Broken legs from falling or bear traps...well if you fall for a trap u deserve it.

I just fucking crawled for 5 hours through Zelenogorsk, Myshkino, Pustoshka and Vybor to find only useless crap and 12 watches but not one damn morphine shot. It is fucking frustrating and stupid. You should be able to fix a broken bone with wood and bandages to create a splint http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OBsHNr32Pnk/TkOE2QWjjRI/AAAAAAAAACQ/6cYtwS2jGf8/s1600/LegSplint14.jpg

That makes more sense that magically getting high and getting your bones restored like fucking wolverine.

DAAAMN IM SO PISSED

That makes more sense that magically getting high and getting your bones restored like fucking wolverine.

:D

I would favor dropping the bone breaking punches in exchange for being infected in its place, much more realistic and still has the same effect in the end...medical supplies or you are f*cked,

Read the patch notes for pending update 1.7.2:

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

So post 50000th on the forums, whining and complaining about something the developers are well aware of. You do realize zombies were never meant to be in Arma, so there is going to be some problems, or did you just buy Arma 2 for Day Z?

I would favor dropping the bone breaking punches in exchange for being infected in its place' date=' much more realistic and still has the same effect in the end...medical supplies or you are f*cked,

[/quote']

I think it's been fixed, actually.

I jumped from the 2nd floor in a barn down about 3 feet (which would usually break a bone or two somehow), and I wasn't affected.

I think the dev team is putting in some quiet hotfixes.

Read the patch notes for pending update 1.7.2:

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

I understand that perfectly. They could reduce the chance to have a broken bone to 1 in 1 trillion, but if that happens to you and you are 1 hour away 'running' from the nearest hospital, then you are screwed. What am I supposed to do? Kill myself? The amount of morphine should be increased or a new way to fix your bones, as I suggested, should be available.

So post 50000th on the forums' date=' whining and complaining about something the developers are well aware of. You do realize zombies were never meant to be in Arma, so there is going to be some problems, or did you just buy Arma 2 for Day Z?

[/quote']

And there will be 500000000 more as long as the game is in Alpha and things get out of balance. You are whining about the whining, so there's that. And, it's not your bussines what I bought the game for, I can eat it or burn it if I want to.

Just had a really frustrating time....

My friend and I met up in literally the middle of the map after parting two days ago, we replenished our ammo and supplies and headed up to as many deer stands as possible, we hit them and moved back to the centre of the map, we then moved up to story sober and started working our way through the barracks. We got to the very last one and as we were about to leave a zombie came out of nowhere (literally nowhere, there were none left around us) hit him, didn't do any damage but broke his leg... we killed the zombie and he crawled out. None of us had morphine and after a brief discussion I offered to run to the NWA in the hope I could find medical supplies whilst he waited.

It took me about 15 minutes to get there and start looting and as I was going through I found a lot of ammo, a new back pack (I hadn't had one for 3 days) I found an M16 but decided against it... walked into the next door to find I had magically lost my M14 Rifle but I didn't have the M16 so I went back into the room picked up the M16 and all the ammo and left, hit all the barracks and after about 30 minutes I had looted everything of value and was heading back to my friend with bad news. When I got back I decided to loot the barracks again and no cigar for a morphine jab.

We realise the only other way out of this is for me to head to a hospital and find him some morphine and come back, we decide it would be best if I pick all his tools, main and secondary weapon up and run back to meet him where he spawns. So we traded stuff (I took his 20 slot bag) and dropped my bag on the floor (first mistake... the bag disappeared + all the ammo and goodies I found at the airfield), I picked up the remaining goods and started the run back.

I met him just outside Elektro and he had been to the hospital to gather supplies for us to avoid this mistake again, I meet him and as we go to goods I go to put his primary weapon and pistol into his back pack... it works, he has it equipped. Moments later I see the the AKM on the floor and then I see it in my hands... WTF? I didn't ask for that, I quickly scramble for my M16... nope, even all the ammo for that has gone SERIOUSLY WTF! I'm left with an AKM with only 2 clips as opposed to the 10 clips I got for my M16.

It takes about 3 seconds to realise my entire trip to the airfield was completely fucking pointless, on two ocassions I lost a weapon due to some weird bug... of course this is Alpha and that sort of thing is going to happen but I raged so I hard I had to log off. I spent nearly 2 hours trying to get my friend to safety and or returning his goods but what happened was in reality I completely wasted it because he ends up with a Mak pistol and I end up with his AKM - all the stuff I found at the airfield.

2 - Gun dropping bugs

1 - bag disappearing

= 2 hours completely wasted

I raged...

all due to a broken leg, he didn't even receive damage when his leg broke or started to bleed... it was weird.

Edit: one of the most infuriating things about this event was that all my STANAG rounds were dropped on the floor, I could of used that on like 5 other guns but no... if the gun drops all the ammo drops, even if I didn't ask to drop the gun.

I'm not exactly game to crawl for hours in search of morphine.

I did that twice, and it wasn't a pleasant experience but was a nice part of the game. Something absolutely new and unexpected from a game to put you in that position and don't make things any easier at all. I learned a lot from it.

Removing that from the game will just make the experience more like other games and less like a new thing.