justwrath

A Radical PVP Game Change? Take Sniper Rifles Out.

what are the chances of finding anything other than an M24 for a military sniper rifle? IMO the 50 cal needs to go. Instead of getting rid of sniper rifles just get rid of the high end thermoscopes and 50 cal snipers that you wont find in an environment like DayZ.

One other think I should say is that most military rifles have some sort of sights on them. Why on earth would you not attach an eotech or acog to your gun if you are going to kill people? Iron sights more common my ass..

Weapons, in general, encourage PvP. It doesn't matter if it's a sniper rifle, assault rifle, or crowbar; you will be attacked by non-zeds who are armed.

Now, if you were to limit the available ammunition...

True. But There are ways to avoid getting shot in the face. Like avoiding straight lines, hugging walls, staying in cover, etc. etc.

In all honesty, I like those bastard snipers. Because they keep people on their toes. They keep people watching for them, and expecting bad things to happen at any time. They're the atmosphere of the game almost more than zombies.

But evidently some people stroll along and forget there are snipers. Not trying to be offensive, but that's how it would probably be.

Weapons' date=' in general, encourage PvP. It doesn't matter if it's a sniper rifle, assault rifle, or crowbar; you will be attacked by non-zeds who are armed.

Now, if you were to limit the available ammunition...

[/quote']

They'd also still rather shoot YOU than a zombie any day. After all, 1 in 12 zombies have a can of beans on them, while players have painkillers, bandages, ammunition, gas, food, water, weapons, tools, maps, compasses...

making ammo more scarce would provoke me to PVP more. Why waste scarce ammo on Zs if its rare?

The mod would be far more intense if 99% of pvp encounters happened within 50 yards of the combatants. And the person initiating the pvp was very likely to draw zed aggro.

Right now the mod plays like a military sim that also happens to have zombies in it. And the zombies are largely a nuisance, if not outright inconsequential, to players with long-range, scoped, high-RoF weapons.

It'd be fun to play a build of the mod that has just pistols and shotguns, and see how hardcore everyone really is.

They'd also still rather shoot YOU than a zombie any day. After all, 1 in 12 zombies have a can of beans on them, while players have painkillers, bandages, ammunition, gas, food, water, weapons, tools, maps, compasses...

Exactly.

I made a suggestion that death by gunfire causes any loot on the killed player to be potentially damaged by the bullets. 50% roll per bullet per loot item.

I have no idea if it's even possible in the game engine. But things like that is what the mod needs. Forcing the difficult decisions on bandits that survivors already have to make every moment they are dealing with unknown players.

As it is, there's very little downside in outright killing other players to farm loot. If you're just interested in farming loot, it is by far the most efficient practice to simply KOS. Right now, it's very easy to play as a bandit, and very difficult to play as a survivor.

Make bandits have to weigh the risk vs reward of murdering another player. Will it damage the loot that I could of otherwise traded for? By firing first, will I draw zed aggro? Will I then get a chance to loot my murder victim before the zeds are on me?

The map is so huge that you need to have sniper bandits keeping you on your toes no matter where you are.

I can see a smaller map removing snipers completely but not this map.