J_ii_N_X

Spawn Ai and zombies on a base built in water...

Hey all.

I've built a military base (using DayZEditor) over the ocean and want to have Ai and zombies spawn on it. 

I've tried getting the Ai to spawn using the object patrols option and by setting patrol coordinates in AIPatrolSettings.json but they always spawn under the base or on the shoreline.

For the zombies I've used a couple of different spawner mods that allow the "Y" coordinate to be set but when they spawn they remain static and don't react to sound or movement until i'm only a metre or two away.

I'm guessing the problem is due to the spawn locations being on a structure placed in water rather than on land, but is there any way to get them to spawn and function correctly in their current location?

FYI - Its a windows PC based local server running DayZ 1.23 on Chernarus map with the expansion bundle + mods

Any help would be much appreciated.

Update: Ive reviewed the log files and found that the Ai are spawning now but the "Y" coordinate for each AI Patrol has been altered to include a minus before it. e.g. "11:09:42.804 [AI Patrol] Spawning 5 Mercenaries bots at <8922.502930, -37.906296, 1614.902710>".

I'm assuming this means they're spawning underwater or under the map. Unsure why this coordinate is being changed. 

Again, any help is appreciated. 

Edited by J_ii_N_X

On 11/26/2023 at 11:36 PM, J_ii_N_X said:

Hey all.

I've built a military base (using DayZEditor) over the ocean and want to have Ai and zombies spawn on it. 

I've tried getting the Ai to spawn using the object patrols option and by setting patrol coordinates in AIPatrolSettings.json but they always spawn under the base or on the shoreline.

For the zombies I've used a couple of different spawner mods that allow the "Y" coordinate to be set but when they spawn they remain static and don't react to sound or movement until i'm only a metre or two away.

I'm guessing the problem is due to the spawn locations being on a structure placed in water rather than on land, but is there any way to get them to spawn and function correctly in their current location?

FYI - Its a windows PC based local server running DayZ 1.23 on Chernarus map with the expansion bundle + mods

Any help would be much appreciated.

Update: Ive reviewed the log files and found that the Ai are spawning now but the "Y" coordinate for each AI Patrol has been altered to include a minus before it. e.g. "11:09:42.804 [AI Patrol] Spawning 5 Mercenaries bots at <8922.502930, -37.906296, 1614.902710>".

I'm assuming this means they're spawning underwater or under the map. Unsure why this coordinate is being changed. 

Again, any help is appreciated. 

Your problem is yours coordinates and misunderstanding the coordinate system of the game.

Let me explain why you've been hecked up with that.

The coordinates "vector" ingame has 3 items:

X - X-coordinate.

Z - Height above the sea level

Y - Y-coordinate.

Let's get for example your coordinates: "8922.502930, -37.906296, 1614.902710"

X = 8922.502930 (from Left to Right of the map)

Z = -37.906296

Y = 1614.902710 (from down to up of the map)

Now the question why unit spawn under the water??? Hm, really? How you missed that you have the "-" in your Z coordinate!?

Try to spawn the unit of eAI and get points by 5 meters one-by-one, because the bottom of the sea can go deeper & deeper, same as your Z coordinates. I hope that understanding of coordinates may help you to solve your problem, coz I guess you'll met another awesome problem but it would be already next question, i guess. 😄

Appreciate the response.

What i couldnt work out is why the coordinates that i took from a placed object in the DayzEditor to use in AiPatrolSettings.json eg. 8922.502930, 8.906296, 1614.902710, was showing in the log as 8922.502930, -37.906296, 1614.902710. I hadnt missed the "-". I was trying to understand why the middle coordinate was different to how i had set it.

32 minutes ago, J_ii_N_X said:

Appreciate the response.

What i couldnt work out is why the coordinates that i took from a placed object in the DayzEditor to use in AiPatrolSettings.json eg. 8922.502930, 8.906296, 1614.902710, was showing in the log as 8922.502930, -37.906296, 1614.902710. I hadnt missed the "-". I was trying to understand why the middle coordinate was different to how i had set it.

The problem us system of spawn of AI unit in your preferred addon.

I'm not sure maybe it's a kind of trouble around DZ itself. My point is that game system of spawning could be different, for objects/buildings used the placing the object right on position, but player unit (same as AI) is moved to prefered position. That means that unit is creating by finding the Z-level (what's fine for the on-ground and up-ground spawn) and pretty worse for underground spawn.

I guess you shall submit such info for addon builder for searching the solution of the problem.

There's 2 possible solutions:

A: the dev will rewrite unit creation without the searching Z-level from the ground (Game has a function that with X Y points can get Z-level, I'm using that trick in mine admin tools to tp on XZY coords for example: 123 0 321 - and game will find that Z = 5.356426 and move my to correct Z-position.), so it will requred static coords.

B: dev should spawn on some point (idk where to be honest to) the unit, and only then move to specific location.

But in that case you can nothing to do with that. The mod dev shall solve that problem.

Maybe you can override the unit spawn function to spawn on correct position but that's bit tricky and might give some problems with Steam Workshop (you know permissions and etc).