Popa2caps

​Is It At All Possible To Stop Pop-in Loading?

Trees and/ or game assets tend to pop-in when either moving around and/ or turning. Is it possible to stop this behavior?

5 hours ago, Popa2caps said:

Trees and/ or game assets tend to pop-in when either moving around and/ or turning. Is it possible to stop this behavior?

Well it's a kinda odd stuff.

From the start, I suggest you to validate over the steam your installation and clean logs.

Perform the check disk because if everything works fine you'll not get such stuff, and validate all mods that you are using, Same as tryout any different server if you'll had no such stuff on different servers then congrats the server admin been hecked up with something on his own server. If you'll had the dame issues of anyonther/official server - recotd the video how do you start the game, then joining the server amd how's everything flying around and uploda to YouTube. After you'll done with that -create the ticket on Bug-Tracker coz it's quite wired.

With my regards.

22 hours ago, steam-76561198066537084 said:

Whats your setup? Send it here so we can see if enything is hogging your game.

Make sure dayz is installed on an SSD 🙂

Yeah I never install without an SSD anymore, shoot I think I've been installing games on SSD since I got my first one back in 2013 (Samsung 840 Evo).

On 11/25/2023 at 5:17 AM, Sid Debian said:

Well it's a kinda odd stuff.

From the start, I suggest you to validate over the steam your installation and clean logs.

Perform the check disk because if everything works fine you'll not get such stuff, and validate all mods that you are using, Same as tryout any different server if you'll had no such stuff on different servers then congrats the server admin been hecked up with something on his own server. If you'll had the dame issues of anyonther/official server - recotd the video how do you start the game, then joining the server amd how's everything flying around and uploda to YouTube. After you'll done with that -create the ticket on Bug-Tracker coz it's quite wired.

With my regards.

3600x
Asus B450 Strix Gaming-F
Seasonic GX-850
RipJaw 3200Mhz 32GB (set in UEFI as oc or something)
Inland 256GB Nvme (Microcenter brand)
Samsung 2TB EvoPlus (I think that's the name)
2x 2tb Seagate HDD 7200 for backup files (doesn't hold games or apps)
Asus RTX 3070
Asus 170hz Tuf Monitor

Game installed by steam to my Samsung 2TB Nvme drive. Now I shouldn't have used the work pop-in, as that could be misleading. I should use the term, change and/ or updated texture load-in.

Like when moving around, trees will change from low quality to higher. To me it's distracting. I see it in most Dayz videos, so I can't be the only one.To be clear, I'm talking about the simi long distance out textures. Like the far trees.

Video

On 11/25/2023 at 6:23 AM, Popa2caps said:

What you're seeing is called occlusion culling, it plays a big part in rendering optimization. To my knowledge its not possible to disable this, however you can make the loading appear smoother by getting a faster SSD / CPU, depending on what is slowing the loading down (check your task manager while playing the game, if it shows 100% usage on CPU, disk usage or even GPU, you've found the issue). You could also try tweaking some graphics settings affecting textures and render distance.

I've noticed this kind of behaviour while playing the game as well, however i just brushed it off as my drive isn't very fast. Your hardware seems to be quite decent though, so unless your SSD is full or encrypted, this shouldn't be happening. As Sid said, you should probably create a ticket on the bug tracker.

On 11/30/2023 at 4:45 PM, damca said:

What you're seeing is called occlusion culling, it plays a big part in rendering optimization. To my knowledge its not possible to disable this, however you can make the loading appear smoother by getting a faster SSD / CPU, depending on what is slowing the loading down (check your task manager while playing the game, if it shows 100% usage on CPU, disk usage or even GPU, you've found the issue). You could also try tweaking some graphics settings affecting textures and render distance.

I've noticed this kind of behaviour while playing the game as well, however i just brushed it off as my drive isn't very fast. Your hardware seems to be quite decent though, so unless your SSD is full or encrypted, this shouldn't be happening. As Sid said, you should probably create a ticket on the bug tracker.

Thanks for letting me know what this technique is called. I'll have to watch the task manager to see if I see anything reporting max capacity.

Yeah I've checked what Sid said before, but haven't made a ticket. Every server is like this with this hardware, shoot even with my old 1070 it was doing this. I call it a pop-in simulator over a survival title. I'll make a support ticket to see if they can determine the issue (if there's one). Thanks again.