philz50

How often do servers get wiped?

I understand that the wipe may have been necessary to implement new content. But I value my time. It seems pointless to have mechanics for base building and loot storage when all the time invested might just get thrown away. Other players are certainly entitled to feel differently, but personally, that doesn't work for me.  

Edited by philz50
Rewording
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, philz50 said:

I understand that the wipe may have been necessary to implement new content. But I value my time. It seems pointless to have mechanics for base building and loot storage when all the time invested might just get thrown away. Other players are certainly entitled to feel differently, but personally, that doesn't work for me.  

Basically it depends on what's in upgrade.  If mechanics was changed servers wouldn't be wiped.

If changed loot location been changed then chance for wipe got higher on about 20%.

If will be any kind of location changes (new towns, add new buildings, car spawn locations been changed) chance that would be wipe getting about 100%. Except if would be added any kind of bunkers on Cherno chance for wipe would be lovered down to 50%.

Honestly I can't remember when was last wipe before current 1.23 update so it's happend not too often. Game had reached the stance that maps of Limonia and Chernarus reached the state of the end game and without any huge map updates it wouldn't be wiped again.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:51 AM, philz50 said:

your loot does not belong to you.

Everything can change in a second. 
Try community servers and only pve if you dont like proper Dayz