Kanzero

Windows 7 no longer supported

Is there a way to fix this? There is no technical reason why Windows 7 is blocked. The game can work perfectly fine on it as it it did before update 1.23.

Oh and please don't start with the comments how old Windows 7 is and how I should upgrade. It works perfectly, let's leave it at that. When I bought the game it was for Windows 7. I consider preventing me, without any technical reason, from playing the game I paid for extremely rude.

Edited by Kanzero

7 minutes ago, Kanzero said:

Is there a way to fix this? There is no technical reason why Windows 7 is blocked. The game can work perfectly fine on it as it it did before update 1.23.

Oh and please don't start with the comments how old Windows 7 is and how I should upgrade. It works perfectly, let's leave it at that. When I bought the game it was for Windows 7. I consider preventing me, without any technical reason, from playing the game I paid for extremely rude.

There's only one solution - is update to win 10 (end support in end of 2025th) or win11.

Why there's no fix - Game Engine using MS Visual C++ Redistribution (2015 and 2019) and Launcher uses C# (6.0 - 7.0). Windows 7 can handle maximum .Net Framework 4.8 (already ended support), Windows 8 (uses maximum 5.0 and 2 years ago was dropped support of OS and in start of this year was ended support of .Net 5.0). Current LTS (Long Time Support) release is 6.0 so it's for at least Win 8.1, but prefer win10.

Anyway it's already considered as outdated and useless software, BI will not able to reinstall VS for development of game engine and etc, that's why was dropped support of win7.

I guess maximum 20% of DayZ players using Win7. Anyway more users using Win10 & Win11.

And the final maybe in end of thi6year Steam platform will drop off support of Win7 so u can even start/install/reinstall the game. This is the end.

So Var 1: go to the shop for updates (software and hardware).

Var 2: Send to the hell DayZ and safe Win7 on your lovely machine.

Var 3: Attack support forum with asks return back support of Windows 7. (And get the possible answer like: We can't, it's old and useless).

Sorry for such way but nevertheless it's on the run...

3 minutes ago, Sid Debian said:

Why there's no fix - Game Engine using MS Visual C++ Redistribution (2015 and 2019) and Launcher uses C# (6.0 - 7.0). Windows 7 can handle maximum .Net Framework 4.8 (already ended support), Windows 8 (uses maximum 5.0 and 2 years ago was dropped support of OS and in start of this year was ended support of .Net 5.0). Current LTS (Long Time Support) release is 6.0 so it's for at least Win 8.1, but prefer win10.

I played yesterday and it was fine on Windows 7. Nothing has changed since then.