Infernales

Transferring a character between servers with different maps.

As far as I know, on official servers you can move your character between servers with the Chernarus and Livonia maps without any problems.

I tried to create a symlink on players.db with the following command:

mklink /H C:\Servers\DayZ\mpmissions\dayzOffline.enoch\storage_1\players.db C:\Servers\DayZ\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\players.db

The character was transferred with all the loot to the server with the Livonia map, but there is one problem: after running around Levonia a little, I went back to the server with the Chernarus map and ended up somewhere in the sky. Of course my character died upon landing.

The question is: how can I normally implement this on my dedicated server?

It’s clear that the coordinates are stored in players.db and the coordinates for different maps will be different, but maybe there is some way to determine that a character has logged in from the server from a different map or to determine incorrect coordinates (for example, that the character will be in the air) so that force him to spawn in a certain place?

Edited by Infernales

你需要使用一个mod来实现玩家位置的修正, 当玩家在登陆你的服务器时,你需要判断玩家所在的坐标是否安全, 应当排除 [建筑类, 湖水, 海洋, 树木], 当然如果坐标的Y值在空中, 你需要调用 GetGame().SurfaceY( x, z ); 来得到一个安全的坐标高度, 让玩家正确的生成在地面上. 又或者你可以规定一组坐标, 让玩家在切换服务器后, 随机生成到你自定义的坐标上

Edited by DcrClub

3 hours ago, DcrClub said:

你需要使用一个mod来实现玩家位置的修正, 当玩家在登陆你的服务器时,你需要判断玩家所在的坐标是否安全, 应当排除 [建筑类, 湖水, 海洋, 树木], 当然如果坐标的Y值在空中, 你需要调用 GetGame().SurfaceY( x, z ); 来得到一个安全的坐标高度, 让玩家正确的生成在地面上. 又或者你可以规定一组坐标, 让玩家在切换服务器后, 随机生成到你自定义的坐标上

Coordinate parameters for such cases are already in cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml, but how to activate them? This is the problem. I am more than sure that this function is already on the server, but for some reason the parameters to enable it are not described in the documentation.

Edited by Infernales

On 10/20/2023 at 6:12 PM, Infernales said:

Coordinate parameters for such cases are already in cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml, but how to activate them? This is the problem. I am more than sure that this function is already on the server, but for some reason the parameters to enable it are not described in the documentation.

对于我来说, 使用mod来修正这个问题, 比研究官方的这些xml文件 更简单一些...😂😂

As far as I can see your private server can only operate as a private shard on the community hive, and not as a private Hive. That triggers the player call and centrally stores the info. As far as I can find there's been no release of the Private Hive function for Server owners. I came to ask BI when it was being offered to the public, as its been promised for a while..

Is it in general possible to share a character hive on 2 servers like described above (sym link) if both servers are running the same map?

thx