puffu

I'm bloody done with this deathmatch game

Deathmatch=die, respawn, die, respawn

I don't think "spawn, sneak around town looting supplies, head north carefully checking every treeline and looting what you can along the way, maybe see other players and avoid them or try to sneak up on them and kill them" etc can be called a death match... you're just mad because you died.

human history isn't all cherries and blueberries. we've always been dog eat dog as a species and continue to be. we just do things on the meta scale now.

Humans evolved faster than animals because we early realized that survival is easier through cooperation hence the formation of tribes... We wouldn't grow into a society if we were different in nature.

Even many animal species live in herds/packs to survive.

Why did you post this? Why not just shut up and leave?

We've had these threads hundreds of times already, it's pretty old.

Why anybody would want to lone wolf it in this game is beyond me. Also nobody ever said it was supposed to be realistic. Stop crying and go play another game.

Alive Characters: 343' date='102

Survival Attempts: 10,174,596

Murders: 1,554,315

Bandits Alive: 63,383

Bandits killed: 267,964

Figured I would cut the bullshit and just link the stats, is there any evidence you can suggest otherwise that this is a 'deathmatch'?

You are a moron, plain and simple.

[/quote']

Im going to cut the bullshit and say that according to those stats only 15.27% off all survival attempts are murders now I know that does not include bandit kills. It basically says less 20% of player death are from murders so it really its not death match I'm just cutting through the bullshit and looking at the stats

Deathmatch=die' date=' respawn, die, respawn

I don't think "spawn, sneak around town looting supplies, head north carefully checking every treeline and looting what you can along the way, maybe see other players and avoid them or try to sneak up on them and kill them" etc can be called a death match... you're just mad because you died.

[/quote']

/thread

Base building, radios, more clothing/skin options, etc, will be gladly received, and will definitely help the survivors who are doing cool stuff do cooler stuff. But all we have here are bad players bitching.

Figured I would cut the bullshit and just link the stats, is there any evidence you can suggest otherwise that this is a 'deathmatch'?

[/quote']

Im going to cut the bullshit and say that according to those stats only 15.27% off all survival attempts are murders now I know that does not include bandit kills. It basically says less 20% of player death are from murders so it really its not death match I'm just cutting through the bullshit and looking at the stats

I would wager that the largest number of deaths are self-induced. After dying, spawn, kill self, respawn, kill self, respawn... until you get the location you want. :)

Hell, sometimes I have to do it 7 or 8 times before I get the town I want.

There's nothing "survival" about this game at all... whats the point of just staying away from everything and everyone? Might as well just make an offline singleplayer game where the goal is to avoid everything you see and hear' date=' which would indeed be the dullest game in history.

What I thought I'd enjoy about this game is the possibilities of co-op since it's a multiplayer game but since in each and all of my lives so far.... every single player has killed me on sight, or if I had the chance to, I let them live and they chose to kill me as soon I held my back against them right after I spared them.

If this is a deathmatch game just say so, I could have saved my money and bought doom 3 or an unreal game...

This game must be made harder to survive "alone" so that players need eachother.

Simple as that.

Or I might be completely mistaken to have thought this was a survival coop game, then I am truly sorry, then this game surely has the right type of players and it is very interesting indeed, albeit not my type of game.

[/quote']

You mad brah? Also you didn't pay a dime for this mod and well good riddance, bye.

Right' date=' to respond to that let me just say that in reality, if that's what this game is trying to achieve "realism", this is simply a "game" and nothing else, nomatter how you put it, nobody is ever going to think of it as anything else than just sitting behind a screen "safely" and just do what they see fit.

As in all deathmatch games, it's all and always been about killing other players, possibly finding loot, this game just so happens to currently use the pavlovs drooling dog theory "FORCING" players to kill other players for their loot giving them the upper hand.

In reality, evolutionarily, all bandits have effectively wiped themselves out since being a bandit is not an effective way to uphold the survival of a specie.

Hence why we today "in real life" are living together effectively helping eachother out instead.

If this mod is ever going to be realistic, this is what it should reflect and it needs to force it, otherwise it will never in it's lifetime be a "realistic" game but simply just a "death match game".

I rest my case.

[/quote']

human history isn't all cherries and blueberries. we've always been dog eat dog as a species and continue to be. we just do things on the meta scale now.

We are no longer dog-eat-dog like we used to be. Perhaps if there was some kind of apocalypse then we would go back to that. People cry today about USA bombing Pakistanis with predator drones but the fact is that is hippy shit compared to the first 99% of human history

All of these "deathmatch" threads, despite their delicious tears and butthurt, do have an underlying truth to them. Something will have to be done eventually about the DM... but it won't be through any enforced rules or penalties, I think. Once this game is more developed, and it actually has some sort of "point" or "goal" or "objective", however faint, then the DM problem will be fixed. The reason the game is DM right now is primarily because there is no point to the game. It's a game about nothing. There is an infinite amount of ways to play the game and there is an infinite amount of things to do, but at the same time there is nothing to do. This will be rectified down the track no doubt.

Your aware this game is both a mod and not even close to finished? Not happy with it? Don't play it.. Omg that was hard... /Sigh at idiots

as expected, people don't bother to read the thread and jump in posting "don't like it - don't play it" ; "delitious tears" and such,

but no matter how much you will circle-jerk that dayz is awesome and if anyone tell you different they are noobs/carebears/whatever else

you can't deny the fact that game seriously lacking cooperation.

as i posted before, and since no1 bother to read the thread they post in, i will quote part of it.

it wasn't original intent from start that people can group up only on forum or with friends irl.

what was here before:

the charm was always that you try to survive' date=' encounter random strangers and that was fun. sometimes they killed you, sometimes you were hanging and making a group just from random guys, go for some better loot, encounter another group of random players and kill each other or keep it civil. that was thrilling.

this is how game should actually work, but with recent hype and people using ts, skype/whatever this breaking immersion completely. and this is not the way mod should work like.

[/quote']

game lacking rpg mechanics, features like being able to build your won fortifications/whatever

zombies are not a tret that force players to coop in order to survive.

all these problems must (and i hope will be) solved in order to have anykind of good game experience.

i'm loneywolfing mostly so it's not a big deal for me, but game really lack that feeling it got before.

I watched a Let's Play recently and a comment that was made pissed me off. The guy was playing with his friends and he stumbled across a sniper. The first thing he said was 'I don't even care about the zombies anymore, I just want to kill people'

This pisses me off because he is the type of person that is ruining this game. The PVP aspect should remain in the game but it should ALWAYS come secondary to the zombies. I purchased this for the zombies not for the PVP.

Make the zombies tougher or something.

as expected' date=' people don't bother to read the thread and jump in posting "don't like it - don't play it" ; "delitious tears" and such,

but no matter how much you will circle-jerk that dayz is awesome and if anyone tell you different they are noobs/carebears/whatever else

as i posted before, and since no1 bother to read the thread they post in, i will quote part of it.

it wasn't original intent from start that people can group up only on forum or with friends irl.

what was here before:

the charm was always that you try to survive, encounter random strangers and that was fun. sometimes they killed you, sometimes you were hanging and making a group just from random guys, go for some better loot, encounter another group of random players and kill each other or keep it civil. that was thrilling.

this is how game should actually work, but with recent hype and people using ts, skype/whatever this breaking immersion completely. and this is not the way mod should work like.

game lacking rpg mechanics, features like being able to build your won fortifications/whatever

all these problems must (and i hope will be) solved in order to have anykind of good game experience.

i'm loneywolfing mostly so it's not a big deal for me, but game really lack that feeling it got before.

How is it not immersive that people shoot first and ask questions later in a completely lawless world?

as expected' date=' people don't bother to read the thread and jump in posting "don't like it - don't play it" ; "delitious tears" and such,

what was here before:

the charm was always that you try to survive, encounter random strangers and that was fun. sometimes they killed you, sometimes you were hanging and making a group just from random guys, go for some better loot, encounter another group of random players and kill each other or keep it civil. that was thrilling.

How is it not immersive that people shoot first and ask questions later in a completely lawless world?

Cause humans are naturally caring creatures and we enjoy each others laughter and happiness more so than each other's pain and misery.

http://goo.gl/t9QTU

also notice the small things that make rick believe this guy is a threat and tell me those things are in dayz.

http://goo.gl/HhQOm

couldn't agree more with the op, everybody that complains against his complains is a fucking deathmatch junkie.

There is a good point for the "I just want to kill people now" crowd. There are thousands of other games where your goal is to do just that, including the game you are playing this mod on.

What makes DayZ so special?

1. This is the internet. It brings level of retardation up to an all time high. Expect people to try and ruin your experience in the game and on this forum.

2. It is extra appealing to screw people over here because you know it hurts. It doesnt matter in other games, like CoD, because you respawn so quickly and you lose nothing when you die.

3. PvP is an integral part to this experience - it HAS to be here.

That said, the problem is that there are no social functions that we take for granted in real life to form bonds with people. Human life in DayZ has no value, you don't need other people. So you might as well just kill them because they are a bigger potential risk than aid.

Further more, communication is highly limited. In reality, there are many ways to avoid conflict through natural communication - body language, talking, posture, attitude etc. And, more importantly, most people value their own and other peoples lives. This means the distance to the trigger is somewhat bigger in reality, you aren't so inclined to just shoot anyone and everyone you see.

There are many ways to fix this, but it won't fix itself. Not with your standard internet community anyway.

[/quote']

^^Elitist moron alert...

remember everytime someone respawns it shows as "player was killed" and is probably tracked as PVE death... so these statistical numbers are pretty much moot

by my _personal_ estimation its pretty much 50/50 in the beginning and the chance of death by another player rises every day you stay alive

There is a good point for the "I just want to kill people now" crowd. There are thousands of other games where your goal is to do just that' date=' including the game you are playing this mod on.

What makes DayZ so special?

[/quote']

sandbox, persistence, zombies. Same reason you're here. Obviously L4D (co-op) and COD (deathmatch) don't offer any of that.

The real issue is that survivors are (by nature) full of the most whiny, entitled crybabies known to man. There are survivors doing really cool stuff; and as rocket adds more features (base building, functional radios, etc), I have no doubt they will do even cooler things. But that won't change the fact that most survivors will continue crying about how they got shot while running in the middle of a road yelling "FRIENDLIES???"

remember everytime someone respawns it shows as "player was killed" and is probably tracked as PVE death... so these statistical numbers are pretty much moot

by my _personal_ estimation its pretty much 50/50 in the beginning and the chance of death by another player rises every day you stay alive

As has been said by rocket, and corrected in this very fucking thread, respawn deaths aren't counted in those stats.

Because there was never a time in history when this was the rule rather than the exception, saving perhaps when we were primitive man, and even then it wasn't people wandering around by themselves killing anyone they came across, but tribes of people. The most lawless periods in history did not have anywhere near the kind of blase murder that his game does. I say that as a player who murders quite a bit