Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.23 (Change Log)

On 12/23/2023 at 11:44 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the late response, but since DayZ no longer works with W7x64 I haven't been playing it anymore. I'll try to set up an HD specifically with W10 (which I despise) just to go back to playing DayZ... I don't know when I'll be able to do it yet, but I definitely will because... unfortunately... I already miss DayZ... 😧

Sincere tip: drop Micro$oft altogether. It's absolutely pointless to wait for anything decent from them nowadays; They want terminal-like system where the user is only a client and never administrator. Check linux family instead. Some branches of popular versions are great alternatives for people who don't want to learn everything from scratch. You'll get completely customizable and open-coded OS without backdoors, telemetry, "shop"-like frameworks, false hardware limitations etc. With proton/wine you can play whatever you want, "DayZ" included. It uses custom launchers though ("DZGUI" for example) so its not a straightforward thing to log in - at least at the very beginning, but you'll get used to that. Linux is a reasonable way out since biggest players on the market are more and more annoying with their politics.

Edited by nemorus
logic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nemorus said:

Sincere tip: drop Micro$oft altogether. It's absolutely pointless to wait for anything decent from them nowadays; They want terminal-like system where the user is only a client and never administrator. Check linux family instead. Some branches of popular versions are great alternatives for people who don't want to learn everything from scratch. You'll get completely customizable and open-coded OS without backdoors, telemetry, "shop"-like frameworks, false hardware limitations etc. With proton/wine you can play whatever you want, "DayZ" included. It uses custom launchers though ("DZGUI" for example) so its not a straightforward thing to log in - at least at the very beginning, but you'll get used to that. Linux is a reasonable way out since biggest players on the market are more and more annoying with their politics.

Like but you've missed one part - DayZ same as anyonther sharaware app is building not by Steamor any kind of end user. As example I wish to remember about an old game Red Orchestra Ost Front 41-45, it has Windows and Linux client versions. Both are in Steam, you can play on Windows 10 or even 11, but the game was builded for Windows 2000 - XP and it still works well, but the Linux version - you'll not able to play because it won't start on any current versions of Linux, even on Debian 10, it it works charmy on Debian 7.1. So what's about more moders Linux Distributions like LM, BUbuntu, Debian 12.2, openSUSE 15.4-5 and lots of others, will it runs if BI abandon the project like it was with A2;A2OA;ToH?

Oh yeah forgot about awesome pile of crp: The Linux DayZ players can't play on Windows Servers, same as Windows players can't join to Linux server version because IT'S STILL NOT EXISTS!

So here some truth about the Linux. I self really loving Linux, each day using openSUSE & Debian 12 but as a game platform Linux is useless it's always on motion when projects not updating. And the main trouble of it all is only that Linux hate the static linked Libraries, and even so you'll build the dynamic libraries it went down because the new kernel wishes to heck your lib off!

Oh one more about headshots: the BE not working with Wine/Proton.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, Sid Debian said:

The Linux DayZ players can't play on Windows Servers, same as Windows players can't join to Linux server version because IT'S STILL NOT EXISTS!

What nonsense are you writing again? Do you think the UDP network protocol works differently in Linux than in Windows? And yes, from a client running a Linux distribution, you can easily connect to servers hosted on Windows. Moreover, the reverse situation also works. And suddenly a Linux server exists, but for an experimental branch. Well, don’t write nonsense if you have zero knowledge about it, or at least use Google.

21 minutes ago, Infernales said:

What nonsense are you writing again? Do you think the UDP network protocol works differently in Linux than in Windows? And yes, from a client running a Linux distribution, you can easily connect to servers hosted on Windows. Moreover, the reverse situation also works. And suddenly a Linux server exists, but for an experimental branch. Well, don’t write nonsense if you have zero knowledge about it, or at least use Google.

Make installation of any linux distro, install steam, download the game and join to any server that marked as W in steam server info.

I know blind can't see, but trouble not in UDP, UDP is only the standard the scheme of data transmission but problem is g-protection against bad players and not working of it under the Linux within Windows server.

Nevertheless, common impress me, it's freaking easy experiment and requires not really huge amounts of time and money when Linux distros is free and out of charge. Steam works quite well under Linux last 6 years for sure.

So don't cry babe, just make the installation and check it by your eyes how awesome will you join and play from your Linux distro to the Windows server of DZ. On my PC i have problems with joining to DZ Win servers, same on my laptop.

13 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

So don't cry babe, just make the installation and check it by your eyes how awesome will you join and play from your Linux distro to the Windows server of DZ.

Well, you're the only one crying here, I calmly play DayZ on Linux, moreover, I have my own server for DayZ, which is installed on a virtual machine with Windows Server 2022 and I connect to it normally. I’ll tell you even more, I can easily connect to official servers. As for protection, BattlEye has been running under Proton on Steam for quite a long time, if you haven’t installed the necessary packages for it, then that’s your personal problem.

• Confused 1

Would any of you be willing to suggest me a Linux distribution that can support Steam & DayZ client and help me install everything and get it working? Is there a tutorial for this (maybe even just on YT)?
I should do a W10 install anyway, but it's driving me crazy with all the limitations and registry locks to enforce M$'s crappy/mangy "Apps". Unfortunately I'm too tied to my usual software and I can't stand imposed M$ software...

🙏

• Like 1

Please for the love of god revamp the weather system. It's impossible to find a happy medium with the weather and it always seems to slide to max values for rain and overcast...

On 1/17/2024 at 12:08 AM, D4rknessxkilla said:

Please for the love of god revamp the weather system. It's impossible to find a happy medium with the weather and it always seems to slide to max values for rain and overcast...

Could that perhaps be that you are more focused on bad weather? I personally did not notice any extremes. I kinda do hate when it's raining 😄 because I already have issues surviving in good weather :)). But I honestly don't see the pattern there.

• Like 1

Anyone who hates rain means they haven't understood the game well. In the rain the Zs see less and hear very little... you can get behind them without alerting them and you can kill them more easily and silently with just a knife. Convenient especially for military areas. And if you're well fed and properly dressed, rain isn't a problem... it's just annoying when it's too much and for too long. Thunderstorms are rare and there is too little fog, however. I love fog, especially thick fog. 🙂

On 1/17/2024 at 9:41 AM, Riddick_2K said:

Would any of you be willing to suggest me a Linux distribution that can support Steam & DayZ client and help me install everything and get it working? Is there a tutorial for this (maybe even just on YT)?
I should do a W10 install anyway, but it's driving me crazy with all the limitations and registry locks to enforce M$'s crappy/mangy "Apps". Unfortunately I'm too tied to my usual software and I can't stand imposed M$ software... 

🙏

I'm just using Ubuntu bro, Steam and DayZ run fine (even community servers)

Only thing I needed to do on my system is add `vm.max_map_count=2097152` to /etc/sysctl.conf, otherwise the game would crash pretty often.

It's worth noting that the DayZ launcher doesn't work in proton (at least last time I checked), so for mods / community servers, I use this command line launcher:
https://github.com/bastimeyer/dayz-linux-cli-launcher

Then I set up aliases in my .bashrc file like:

alias dayz_dayone_namalsk='/home/user/Documents/DayZ/dayz-linux-cli-launcher/dayz-launcher.sh --debug --server 51.81.73.49:2302 --port 2303 --launch --name usernamehere'

(the port after the IP is the server port, and the port after the --port flag is the query port, used to find out what mods are required for the server, you can find both of these when looking at servers on https://www.battlemetrics.com/ )

Hope that helps you get started!

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 11:08 PM, D4rknessxkilla said:

Rains is a cover. You can sneak easily and it hides your shoots. 

Maybe you are more focus in a pvp aspect

On 1/25/2024 at 4:11 PM, Adenyo said:

I'm just using Ubuntu bro, Steam and DayZ run fine (even community servers)

Only thing I needed to do on my system is add `vm.max_map_count=2097152` to /etc/sysctl.conf, otherwise the game would crash pretty often.

It's worth noting that the DayZ launcher doesn't work in proton (at least last time I checked), so for mods / community servers, I use this command line launcher:
https://github.com/bastimeyer/dayz-linux-cli-launcher

Then I set up aliases in my .bashrc file like:

alias dayz_dayone_namalsk='/home/user/Documents/DayZ/dayz-linux-cli-launcher/dayz-launcher.sh --debug --server 51.81.73.49:2302 --port 2303 --launch --name usernamehere'

(the port after the IP is the server port, and the port after the --port flag is the query port, used to find out what mods are required for the server, you can find both of these when looking at servers on https://www.battlemetrics.com/ )

Hope that helps you get started!

Thanks for your effort but I didn't understand anything. I don't know Linux, otherwise I don't think I would have this problem. Many years ago I tried some distributions, but I never understood how to set them up and modify them, and I stayed with Windows, where I found all the drivers and favorite programs.

😉

On 1/19/2024 at 5:46 AM, Kyiara said:

Could that perhaps be that you are more focused on bad weather? I personally did not notice any extremes. I kinda do hate when it's raining 😄 because I already have issues surviving in good weather :)). But I honestly don't see the pattern there.

No, it starts off sunny, and will shift through the pattern once, then gets stuck on deluge