Sign in to follow this  
galesoffgrid

Anyone else not able to login to Steam?

About 4 to 5 days ago I was browsing mods in the workshop and the steam client was acting weird - So I restarted my PC and when I went back to the Steam workshop, I was logged out.  When I went to login it says wrong name/password even though it's correct. 

Long story short - I have done all of the trouble shooting you can find online - recovered my account 50x , waited hours if not days between attempts, cleared all of the Appdata , caches, even reinstalled Steam - Same shit, even on the Steam website - Every time I get "wrong name/password" and there is no one to contact at Steam, just the bullshit online troubleshooter they have, which only let's you reset a password = Zero help.

I've been using computers and the net since the '90s - This is so f#$ing ridiculous it's unreal lol Dayz absolutely amazing game...  Steam = Absolutely DogShit

Any Ideas Greatly Appreciated, Only a week and I sure miss Modding

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, galesoffgrid said:

About 4 to 5 days ago I was browsing mods in the workshop and the steam client was acting weird - So I restarted my PC and when I went back to the Steam workshop, I was logged out.  When I went to login it says wrong name/password even though it's correct. 

Long story short - I have done all of the trouble shooting you can find online - recovered my account 50x , waited hours if not days between attempts, cleared all of the Appdata , caches, even reinstalled Steam - Same shit, even on the Steam website - Every time I get "wrong name/password" and there is no one to contact at Steam, just the bullshit online troubleshooter they have, which only let's you reset a password = Zero help.

I've been using computers and the net since the '90s - This is so f#$ing ridiculous it's unreal lol Dayz absolutely amazing game...  Steam = Absolutely DogShit

Any Ideas Greatly Appreciated, Only a week and I sure miss Modding

1st idea is use Steam mobile app as authentication method. 1st you'll able receive a notification if someone trying to login into your account and passed with correct login and password; 2nd you may approve or disapprove login request and if something you can fast change the password in any different direction of building of password to increase protection (at least it will requires few more days to brutforce your new password). Also if you have any kind of problems with steam - first way to solve it is changing password only then another step to solve the problem.

Thank you for the quick response - Do you really want to know what the problem was?  I think this may be tripping up some others I've seen post over the months and years - The login will Not accept your Account's Email - It Has to Be the Steam Account Name - So I repeat - Steam login will Not accept your email, It must be your Steam Name !  HAHA user error

11 hours ago, galesoffgrid said:

Thank you for the quick response - Do you really want to know what the problem was?  I think this may be tripping up some others I've seen post over the months and years - The login will Not accept your Account's Email - It Has to Be the Steam Account Name - So I repeat - Steam login will Not accept your email, It must be your Steam Name !  HAHA user error

Yeah I'd forgotten that stuff about decade ago. It's easy when you know all data.

I can suggest you to search over GitHub Steam Account Switcher - it's windows app, that could store your passwords for steam if you has 1 or more stram accounts.

I have 2 accounts and it's freaking helped me to not cares about that stuff.