Louis-

Banned from FI 3

Earlier this morning while i was playing with a friend we were in cherno i was sitting on the large construction building scoping out for player to make sure he could get to me without dying. I got shot so then i turn around and start heading down the stairs so i can get a bandage and meet up with my friend when i see in the bottom left corner that i was losing connection and i see the "no message received for X seconds" and i said hell with it im going to have a smoke. I get back and my friend tells me i was banned for Alt-F4. I didnt have any reason to alt F4 what was i going to lose an enfield and some mags?

Admins of FI3 are all my 'friends'. I know they would never abuse their powers (like banning innocent people).

Only people they have banned so far are couple of hackers (they had a helicopter) and a huge amount of people who do ALT+F4.

But, I need to still ask them about this thing.

Akuma at least said that he haven't even played the game today.

Edit: Sheikki said the same thing, he hasn't played or banned anyone today.

Double edit: Could it have been the hackers that have been banning people on other servers too? Penox is Snooze on Steam so I doubt he is at his computer ATM, can't ask him yet.

Dear Louis,

your ban was issued due to alt-f4'ing in a pvp situation in Cherno. I was at the highest building, you were in the second highest. I shot you once in the chest-area, you went behind the big barrel, bandaged and "lost connection". EDIT: To make it even more clear, I was watching you quite a while from there, and at any point you didn't lag or lose connection at all.

I don't give a flying crap about the weapon anyone doing this is using, it's still pure douchebaggery and I will take action.

BR,

FI3 admin

Wasnt trying to say they are abusing i have talked to akuma and penox before about a separate matter i will not bring up. I was just curious as to why i got server banned when my internet crashed and wanted to get my ban revoked if possible. I cant try joining right now FI 3 is not showing on my server list. I will try again later if it gets back online before I have to go to work.

When you DC while underfire it could easily be mistaken for ALT+F4 from enemies. Dont know what happened, but will ask penox if he knows whats up.

Your ban will be reduced to 4 days (tomorrow, I'm not in the condition to start doing something techinal at the moment) due to appealing the ban. The next ban for this GUID will be permanent.

Your ban will be reduced to 4 days (tomorrow' date=' I'm not in the condition to start doing something techinal at the moment) due to appealing the ban. The next ban for this GUID will be permanent.

[/quote']

That's pretty fair and I praise you for not being a mouth foaming raging admin.

1) My internet cord is right under my feet and I occasionally knock it out since I am too cheap to buy a non loose one. So if I accidentally kicked that while getting up from my fat, lazy position in my chair so I can totally dominate you in a PvP battle and I get disconnected, you are going to permanently ban me?

Hmmm. So basically your internet better be 100% stable or we are going to ban you.

2) You start shooting at me after 15 minutes of following my movements. You hit me once, I get behind a wall bandage up and wait 5 minutes because I can't get out without dying. I get an important phone call and rather than sitting there AFK so you can stroll up into my building and kill me, I disconnect..

Hmmm..Might get banned for not running around like a retard and dying to someone I can't see, rather I stop playing the game and do something else constructive, AFTER I sit in my building behind a wall for 5 minutes. That's not a valid reason to hand out a ban, sorry my good sir.

3) I realize you're shooting at me, I can't get out and I wait 10 minutes before logging out to make sure you don't want to come up and check my building to either get dominated on or kill me.

Hmmm, so you're implying that I must kill you or be killed before logging out and doing something else? I don't think so. If you want to kill me so badly and insist I remain on the server until you do so, you come and find me. If after 10 minutes you haven't come to kill me I have EVERY right to leave the server and log back on in 15 hours.

Thank you, come again. 3 very valid reasons why you have no valid reason to ban me for 'alt-f4ing' after being shot at. Remember, I used time examples, notice how I said 10 minutes after being shot at? Very reasonable time to wait before 'alt-f4ing' out of a firefight. Don't agree? Get realistic.

1) My internet cord is right under my feet and I occasionally knock it out since I am too cheap to buy a non loose one. So if I accidentally kicked that while getting up from my fat' date=' lazy position in my chair so I can totally dominate you in a PvP battle and I get disconnected, you are going to permanently ban me?

Hmmm. So basically your internet better be 100% stable or we are going to ban you.

2) You start shooting at me after 15 minutes of following my movements. You hit me once, I get behind a wall bandage up and wait 5 minutes because I can't get out without dying. I get an important phone call and rather than sitting there AFK so you can stroll up into my building and kill me, I disconnect..

Hmmm..Might get banned for not running around like a retard and dying to someone I can't see, rather I stop playing the game and do something else constructive, AFTER I sit in my building behind a wall for 5 minutes. That's not a valid reason to hand out a ban, sorry my good sir.

3) I realize you're shooting at me, I can't get out and I wait 10 minutes before logging out to make sure you don't want to come up and check my building to either get dominated on or kill me.

Hmmm, so you're implying that I must kill you or be killed before logging out and doing something else? I don't think so. If you want to kill me so badly and insist I remain on the server until you do so, you come and find me. If after 10 minutes you haven't come to kill me I have EVERY right to leave the server and log back on in 15 hours.

Thank you, come again. 3 very valid reasons why you have no valid reason to ban me for 'alt-f4ing' after being shot at. Remember, I used time examples, notice how I said 10 minutes after being shot at? Very reasonable time to wait before 'alt-f4ing' out of a firefight. Don't agree? Get realistic.

[/quote']

We don't ban someone who disconnects 10minutes after he has been shot. The situation when we ban people is when people hit ALT+F4 as soon as they are hit / they notice someone is shooting at them.

His story could all be bullshit. I'd keep him banned for 1 week and see if he learns his lesson true or not true, unfair or fair.

Admins of FI3 are pretty fair, I would ban ALT+F4 players to should I own a server.

This is really a problem and I hope something is done to fix this in a near future