Sign in to follow this  
RadarG12

Console Server help stacking tents

I have a console server on Nitrado. I'm having a rash of tent stackers. How can I put a stop to this? How can I find them to ban them? When I look at the log files in the web interface it looks like most of them are wiped when the server restarts which is every 5 hours.

18 hours ago, RadarG12 said:

I have a console server on Nitrado. I'm having a rash of tent stackers. How can I put a stop to this? How can I find them to ban them? When I look at the log files in the web interface it looks like most of them are wiped when the server restarts which is every 5 hours.

Hello I guess that you may not understand the problem that's hidden inside the game logic.

When you spawn with any way you wish the Tent (for example the LargeTent), yours server automatically put it's data inside the server's databases no matter why. Same trouble on the PC servers with the barrels for example.

There's only some ways to solve that problem, but I shall warning you that I'm talking about the SpawnObject function and not about the spawning through the .JSON:

1. Create by period (we have a function that each 20 minutes will: check coordinates, and will remove found objects (LargeTents) and then recreate it) That might working if you wish to make a somekind of mission.

2. On server start (when server started and mission loaded - remove all tents and place 'em again through the script ONLY). The problem that your LargeTent shall be spawned as packed item and not already installed "on the ground" item.

3. Don't use tents at all.

The last option is search for Statistic Object, but that might be failed...

ok, I think I am understanding what you are saying. I should remove tents from randomly spawning. Only use a fixed spawn placements. Reducing the number of tents. Is there a way to query the database to see who placed the tent?

2 hours ago, RadarG12 said:

ok, I think I am understanding what you are saying. I should remove tents from randomly spawning. Only use a fixed spawn placements. Reducing the number of tents. Is there a way to query the database to see who placed the tent?

1st use Qoute of post, the author of quoted post will get a notification.

2nd all tents has 2 states: A: Packed and B: Unpacked and placed on the location.

If you have stacking loot spawn of any kind of tents then it means that you had broken your spawn system configuration, that may cause a problem that item placed twoce on the same location.

If youd been modded your loot tables tyen you shall search for backup and try to recover it with wiping (delete) database files: types.bin; types.001; types.002 (it's located inside storage_x\data, also remove the "backup" folder (still sure that server would try to recover data from that folder instead of creating of new empty file).

After you delete those files - server would recreate types model for spawning items. Do not afraid removing of types.bin will not cause server full wipe.

ok, I wasn't descriptive enough. the cheater placed on top of other tents to access an area inside someone's base that he wasn't suppose to go.  

1 minute ago, RadarG12 said:

ok, I wasn't descriptive enough. the cheater placed on top of other tents to access an area inside someone's base that he wasn't suppose to go.  

o k, I wasn't descriptive enough. the cheater placed on top of other tents to access an area inside  some one's base that he wasn't suppose to go.  

40 minutes ago, RadarG12 said:

o k, I wasn't descriptive enough. the cheater placed on top of other tents to access an area inside  some one's base that he wasn't suppose to go.  

I see, what if I vive you an tricky idea that you may write a script for protection of bases?

I'm using it on my PC server and it's not require any mod. It's just server-side script with configuration files.

Condition check is based on SteamID64, if entered in "trigger zone" has wrong SteamID that unit would be dead.

Zone is working by 2 ranges:

1st range (round radius + 50 meters) - when player entered to that location in text chat flows the message: "get out or die".

If player is stupid enough and didn't stopped he entered into second range and then in few seconds he'll die. I wished to make a teleport to spawn location (by random) but I have no idea how to get random spawn coordinate to move player there.

Edited by Sid Debian