Sign in to follow this  
Steve Schaefering

meta cpp

2 hours ago, Steve Schaefering said:

What am I doing wrong if the publishid does not get populated/ receives a 0 when I publish a mod?

Sorry man maybe I'm crazy maybe I went mad but I didn't understood your question.

Do you wish to ask why your mod didn't published or why you not recieving updates when your mod is just updated or even something else?

Nevertheless I'll try to help you.

1. You need to create correct folders and files structure for your mod that should be published, let's call it "MyAwesomeMod".

2. In folder MyAwesomeMod create next folders: Addons and Keys, from files in the root you shall place the meta.cpp and mod.cpp (but yet we have no 'em and we'll forget about 'em for awhile.)

3. In folder Addons you shall place all PBOs and .bising signatures (that's mean that you had been signed all your PBOs.

4. In the folder Keys shall be contacted your Sign key: BalhBlahBlah.bikey (and nothing else).

When you're ready open the DayZ Tools (from Steam Library) and doing next steps:

1. Open Publisher tool (that stuff allow you to appload your mod into Steam Workshop)

2. If you has your project - just check firlds if you had no - select in left part of the window (new Workshop item), if you're already has just check it.

a. Set name of your mod.

b. Set visibility of your mod: (1) private - Only for your eyes; (2) friends - only you and your friends can find and see that item; (3) Public - everyone can use it (see subscribe and etc).

c (Section Files) You need to set the location of yours "MyAwesomeMod" folder, each time on each update.

d. Verify that all your addons a signed by the label: "Signatures"

e. Field Description - here you may set all your necessary data that describes your mod like you have no right to touch it, swearing on it, de/un/repack and reapploadingit.

f. Section "Change Notes" - if you made the update - it's awesome what to submit what's new in your mod.

g. Last stand - picture and checkbox something like: "Shut up and take my money!" (Kidding it's totally free and out of charge.)

h. Now you can upload it into Steam Workshop.

When you're done with upload you need to make the last action - navigate to your Workshop item and put your subscription on it.

Now you've done. Congratulations you can install your kod on yours server and use it inside the game.

Bit later I'll put contents of mod.cpp to you and after subscribing you can get your newly generated by Steam meta.cpp

name = "MyAwesomeMod";
picture = "MyAwesomeMod/logo/Logo.edds";
logo = "MyAwesomeMod/logo/Logo.edds";
logoSmall = "MyAwesomeMod/logo/logo.edds";
logoOver = "MyAwesomeMod/logo/Logo.edds";
tooltip = "MyAwesomeMod";
overview = "This is a mod for MyAwesomeMod server.";
action = "";
author = "{YOUR NAME WAS HERE}";
authorID = "PLace your SteamID64 if you wish something like 7656119....";
version = "Double data type value like 1.01";

P.S. And yeah, Fender Precision Bass will save the Earth! 😄

Edited by Sid Debian
Included content of the mod.cpp file. Some corrections in languadge.

4 minutes ago, Sid Debian said:

Sorry man maybe I'm crazy maybe I went mad but I didn't understood your question.   .........

When you publish your mod and someone subscribes to it. There is a file called meta.cpp in the folder that is placed on their computer. When the mod I made is placed, the meta.cpp has 0 for the publishid. Thus making the

mod unusable. I do not know if I skipped any step to populate that or if there is an error or ....

35 minutes ago, Steve Schaefering said:

When you publish your mod and someone subscribes to it. There is a file called meta.cpp in the folder that is placed on their computer. When the mod I made is placed, the meta.cpp has 0 for the publishid. Thus making the

mod unusable. I do not know if I skipped any step to populate that or if there is an error or ....

Try select subscribe to the mod and select "Recover/Repair", now get to !Workshop hidden folder in your DayZ installation directory and find there name of your mod. Inside that folder you shall have your publisherid as numbers, and not the SteamID or something. I guess it's some kinda unique ID of the Mod inside Workshop/DayZ/ structure of Steam Workshop.

Next step just copy your meta.cpp from DatZ to yours MyAwesomeMod folder and perform the update of the Mod. Publisher will added those files and it wouldn't drive crazy the game.

But in some mad way I guess that the game just don't give a heck about that file. It's only stats like Publisher ID for validation that mod is correct between Client PC and Steam Workshop Repo. The Protocol is std = 1, Timestamp - when mod last time was updated but hell knows what's dat mean (on Steam WS or on Client PC).

Hell if you wish to I can place the example of mine meta.cpp you'll try to include it inside your mod (DayZ's Workshop folder) and perform the Recovering of mod. That may cause your mod set those values...