coolboynaked

The ping auto kicks

So in the post for server owners it states...

Kicking for extremely excessive ping is permitted

But how much is "excessive ping?" I am in Australia and playing my friends w/ from America, so I play on US servers since I get around 180-220 ping to the right ones. Yet i'd say I get kicked from 70-80% of them for my "excessive ping" of 200.

I think most people would agree that 200 ping is NOT excessive. Closer to 300? Sure. But I don't see how anything below 250 is disruptive to other players.

I can understand wanting 150-200 ping, high ping users can cause some seriously lag issues. But for me yeah I think that low is a bit unreasonable, I had my server set at 250 and increased it to 300 because a group of Brazilian players that made my server home started to get kicked.

The ping is that way to force for region and keep frames rates high for players. There are hundreds of other servers to go on that don't force ping regulation.

I understand that AUS is short on servers. You should establish a group that wants to chip in for a server and make it the best and most honored AUS server ever. And if you can't find an AUS host, get a loan and create that host and lease to everyone else!

The ping is that way to force for region and keep frames rates high for players. There are hundreds of other servers to go on that don't force ping regulation.

I understand that AUS is short on servers. You should establish a group that wants to chip in for a server and make it the best and most honored AUS server ever. And if you can't find an AUS host' date=' get a loan and create that host and lease to everyone else!

[/quote']

Are there hundreds? I havn't found them. I've only found 2 that didn't kick me for ping that were also working. The vast majority I play for 30 seconds then get ping kicked.

I'm not playing on US because Aus is short on servers, i'm playing because USA people get worse ping to AU than I get to the USA, so it's better for us to play together on US servers than the other way around.

A ping limit of 200 is just fine. International players with high pings bring down the performance on an entire server, so most admins cap their ping limits around 200 to avoid degradation of service for other players.

Max ping 150 on my servers. I hate people lagging around it gives you an advantage, as you see the player you want to shoot where as you lagging around no1 can hit you.

Its just the way the net code is. Anything over 150 on my server will get you kicked.

In four battleye config file, one line below Rcon password, or through BERcon command

How do you set the server to kick people with ping of 150 and above?

If you're using a host with TCAdmin (or ACP Layer), you configure it under Configuration Files in the Battleye configuration file :)

200 kicker on my server but people from UK get around 100 ping. You may try mine if it suits your tastes and see if you get kicked.

Same boat as you OP.

It's so hard to find a decent server that doesn't kick me for ping.

Happened to me this morning, but was suprised at the Ping value of 78 as reason for kick, must have been set at 75 I guess. It was a DE server but sadly I cannot remember which one. I'm in UK, so ping is usually not a problem on European servers.

post-60019-0-56691700-1344010201_thumb.j

Edited by Blackadder

Damn 75 ping limit? That should be against the rules. 150+ is where I personally would draw the line.

Even at 78 with a 75 auto kick it should keep you on. Mine seems to run a buffer and folks at 160 stay connected (I imagine they red chain though). Even high spikes that come back below the 150 seem to stay connected.