infinitegrim

Remove Hiding Bodies...

Because he isn't suggesting it for the sake of realism. He's suggesting it because his group was being out-played by someone. If removing bodies is... removed' date=' then fine; but it needs to be replaced with another way to destroy any gear you don't want from a kill.

[/quote']

Actually, he is. And he isn't being out-played, he's being abused because of the system.

It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, and you need to get over it. He brings a valid point. If you want to play with scorched earth tactics, have someone with you to pick the bodies clean or bring a big backpack, take the stuff then dump it in the woods.

Yeah, hiding bodys isnt realistic at all. But divine intervention in respawning so you can run back to your old body, tea bag it and steal his watch is fine.

Cmon... How can that not be a good feature? Even if it takes 30 seconds instead of 5.. Still gonna happen.

Amazing how 50% of this kind of thread's are made by people who simply want to make the mod easier for themselfs cuz in just 1 situation they got the bad end of the deal.

I say no. Maybe hiding a body in a few seconds isnt very realistic, but destroying the gear is. It takes no more than 3 seconds to destroy an M16 IRL: open the rifle, pull out the chamber, throw it away. Now you have your M4 CCO SD disabled! Deal with it kid! Or go play kitty online.

How about a new option? "Destroy body" lights the body on fire and attracts zombies and takes the same amount of time as setting up razor wire.

• Like 2

Actually I was wrong, I come across MUCH more than 3 a day. Yesterday alone I counted, and found 15 places where there was the sound of flies with no bodies around.

Just make it a requirement to have an entrenching tool (basically a small shovel) to hide bodies. Should be fairly easy to implement if using a similar script that requires a hunting knife to gut animals.

Just make it a requirement to have an entrenching tool (basically a small shovel) to hide bodies. Should be fairly easy to implement if using a similar script that requires a hunting knife to gut animals.

Or gasoline and matches :cool:

Well, we already do have Jerry cans and matches!

But sounds a bit too morbid, even for a post-apocalyptic zombie game.

Hiding player bodies should take a LONG time. And it should only be possible to hide bodies outside of a building. So, if you want to hide a body you just killed indoors, you'd have to drag him out

A shovel should be a requirement, and I think it should be a separate tool from the Entrenchment tool. Maybe make it rarer to find or something

Hiding zombie bodies though should stay exactly how it is.

I think what ever happens the ability to ruin the equipment on the body should be an option. How that happens is up for discussion but yea body not being scene but flies around is annoying.

Just last night I was killed, respawned a few times till I was close to my kill location, went into town, actually found my body UNTOUCHED, and recovered all my items. It shocked me that none of my stuff was taken.

On that note I say I am not bothered with the ability to hide a body. If anything I say there should be an option to SEARCH for a body when you hear the flies.

Well' date=' we already do have Jerry cans and matches!

But sounds a bit too morbid, even for a post-apocalyptic zombie game.

Hiding player bodies should take a LONG time. And it should only be possible to hide bodies outside of a building. So, if you want to hide a body you just killed indoors, you'd have to drag him out

A shovel should be a requirement, and I think it should be a separate tool from the Entrenchment tool. Maybe make it rarer to find or something

Hiding zombie bodies though should stay exactly how it is.

[/quote']

The entrenching tool is in the game, though it is a rare military loot. So I guess either adding a shovel with a higher spawn rate or increasing the spawn rate of the entrenching tool would go a long way in making a requirement addition work much more smoothly.

The poor newbie wants his stuff back after getting killed? TO FUCKING BAD!

The point of DayZ is to live as if its your only life, removing the "Hide Body" function would allow people like you to gain their stuff back as if nothing happened. Maybe missing a can of beans or something.

My opinion on this suggestion is that your simply tired of dieing and not being able to get your items back, forcing you to restart. Most people would agree that its a good thing, and some will argue because they have fallen victim of the Scorched Earth tactic. All i have to say is tough sit, try again next time.

And don't try to lie and deny the obvious, please, you look bad enough already.

I say no. Maybe hiding a body in a few seconds isnt very realistic' date=' but destroying the gear is. It takes no more than 3 seconds to destroy an M16 IRL: open the rifle, pull out the chamber, throw it away. Now you have your M4 CCO SD disabled! Deal with it kid! Or go play kitty online.

[/quote']

Throw it away where. You can't destroy the chamber from that point on. Nice one-step thinking.

Dead bodies do attract zombies so i think you should at least be able to burn it or get rid of it it should stay or be replaced with a more "reasonable" way if that was what you wanted

The poor newbie wants his stuff back after getting killed? TO FUCKING BAD!

The point of DayZ is to live as if its your only life' date=' removing the "Hide Body" function would allow people like you to gain their stuff back as if nothing happened. Maybe missing a can of beans or something.

My opinion on this suggestion is that your simply tired of dieing and not being able to get your items back, forcing you to restart. Most people would agree that its a good thing, and some will argue because they have fallen victim of the Scorched Earth tactic. All i have to say is tough sit, try again next time.

And don't try to lie and deny the obvious, please, you look bad enough already.

[/quote']

Do you forget that the point of DayZ is a realistic zombie survival game? Killing other people wouldn't be anyone's goal if a zombie apocalypse was an actual event. "Haha I just killed this dude who was trying to survive. Therefore I'm going to fuck over whoever else wants his stuff because I'm such a counter-intuitive survivalist."

Honestly I have no idea how DayZ got to be the way it is. My first impression was to help others, to team up, and to survive as a group because that would be more effective against warding off other players and etc. I dislike it a bit more now that side chat was removed. They should have in-game radios that enable sidechat for players that have them. Otherwise, EVERYONE IS A BANDIT. Without communication outside of a 20m radius, the game is just deathmatch with zombies thrown in.

It seems that in DayZ, the goal is to kill players now due to a self-perpetuated state of paranoia. It seems that zombies are too easy. We need hordes, myriads, a plethora of zombies chasing after people now. not 10-20, but 70-90.

I love how so many people clamor for realism or authenticity' date=' yet the idea of having a body fade into the ground merely by placing your hands on it doesn't raise any red flags.

This is a stupid feature, and a broken one at that.

[/quote']

Someone said it best in another thread:

"Realistic when it benefits them"

Here's realistic; your buddies were 15m away, the bandit was less than that. He got there first. You have no-one to blame but yourself. I figured out early on that you learn more from death in DayZ than you do in life. Besides Mountain Dew. I miss that sweet, sweet Mountain Dew I died with...

I'm more annoyed with the fact that if people D/C right as I murder them, their body disappears immediately and I get 0 loot even though it says they died and I get a murder/bandit kill.

It's called Scorched Earth and is a very effective tactic. If I take your resources' date=' you have a reduced ability to retaliate.

Some insight in its use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

[/quote']

You obviously didn't read that link yourself.

"operational method which involves destroying anything that might be useful to the enemy..." Since when is the primary enemy other people? The bandit doesn't need to deal with other people after he kills someone, at any point in time he can choose to go somewhere else instead of kill others for fun. DayZ needs to find a way to stop being a tedious deathmatch. It's like Call of Duty with long drawn-out charades. Because after all; who wants to kill zombies in a zombie survival mod? Not many apparently. The goal is now to screw over everyone else possible, not kill them for their stuff. The AKM is the best gun in the game in my opinion, only because it's all you -need-. It also takes a hundredth of the time to get compared to other guns, and it kills people just as well as zombies with automatic ease. I often ask myself, "What do I do after I have everything?" the answer is kill people. :/ Which is in essence, detrimental to the entire concept of survival in a "Survival" mod.

I think the Hide Body option is just unnecessary. If you ever killed a person in RL you would know that hiding a body is no easy thing to accomplish, you need proper gear like a chainsaw and maybe a river or a lake in the near vicinity, but that's beside the point. You should get where I'm going by now. Just disable it and let corpses lay there for at least one hour or more, it would add to the overall atmosphere. Imagine finding the corpses of some gunfight fought not all too long ago in the town you're just looting (instead of it just being a ghost town with some Zeds!) ~ Maybe even along with some Notes/Diaries of the deceased (If this feature is added soon :-O I'd love that...)

Anyway if you can't carry the loot of the person you killed, just leave it there for some other lucky survivor. Bandits are destructive enough as is, it simply takes fun away and adds nothing for the ones hiding corpses (pls don't tell me it destroys your experience if you can't hide the bodies of your victims anymore...)

If you fear there would be too much loot, maybe make one item disappear every 15minutes or something...

"I WASN'T ABLE TO GET BACK STUFF AFTER I DIED! FIX THIS FEATURE SO I CAN!" You are supposed to lose your stuff, it isn't "broken" because you lost your gear with death.....

• Like 1

Jep, just remove hiding bodies. Or, for the sake of compromise: let it take much longer time, give a search option, let tools be needed (needed for hide and "rehide")... some good ideas here in this thread. Its a survival game- let a starving human find some beans. If some insane survivals grudge other people not a single little piece of luck at all, they are free to eat/drink it all or hide the stuff in the deep deep woods... but not this "magical-one-click-disappear-nonsense."

Let the hided stand up after a while as a z with the gear in his inventory as a loot from that one ;)

No Backpack-No main weapon

• Like 1

I just died at the Power House in Elektro, a guy jumped on the server and had an AS50.. I got back there only to see my corpse being hidden from the level above.. so it was visible but not lootable, he didn't even loot my weapon -_-