Sign in to follow this  
qbert

DayZ Lite/SP/co-op

I haven't seen alot of discussion on this particular topic. I would absolutely love to see a version of this. If you ask me a singleplayer would be easy, as the zombies are clientside as far as I know (I read about that in another thread) All that would have to be done is someone creating the mission file, with all the spawn locations/variables added in like it already is, minus all the complicated database stuff.

The persistent world stuff would be possible using armas campaign/multiplayer save system, which thus far I've known to be competent.

I think the hardest part (if someone were to do this themselves, instead of the devs) would be taking apart the current mod files, seperating everything into units/modules/scripts (I have minimal knowledge of the backend stuff, keep in mind) and then some regular joe could make the mission file.

I have no doubts that it's possible, as arma has a robust editor and the tools to accomplish this are publicly available.

All that being said, I do enjoy this for its multiplayer, and I appreciate what this mod is, which is essentially an MMOFPS without the bullshit. My own personal reasoning for suggesting/asking for this however, is that I'd like to play on my own terms, and generally just mind my own business. On the other hand, having a co-op version where me and one or 2 friends could just jump on and shoot zombies with this amazing mod would be the best.

On a final note, I'd be more than willing to try and take apart the files and do all the technical stuff if someone experienced were to tell me what tools to use and how to use them. Also thanks rocket and all the other devs! This mod is amazing and if I had a wife I'd let you have her.

In the FAQ Rocket says maybe a lite version will happen someday.

I rarely reply to a post with something meaningless as this, but your last line... :D

I rarely reply to a post with something meaningless as this' date=' but your last line... :D

[/quote']

I'm not quite sure how it's meaningless, I think a singleplayer or co-op is a good idea. Think about it, everyone wants to live their zombie fantasy, this mod lets them. I think it'd be very meaningful to a considerable amount of people if they could have an offline/co-op mode to play and learn in. It would ultimately improve the community if you really think about it.

There's already a singleplayer and co/op mod out there called Chernarus Apocalypse I believe. I've heard very good things about it.

If you ask me a singleplayer would be easy... The persistent world stuff would be possible using armas campaign/multiplayer save system' date=' which thus far I've known to be competent... I have no doubts that it's possible, as arma has a robust editor and the tools to accomplish this are publicly available... having a co-op version where me and one or 2 friends could just jump on and shoot zombies with this amazing mod would be the best.[/quote']

Like this? This is what I did in the Mission Editor just trying to visualise how I would like to see DayZ for SP and coop (sadly the DayZ Z's are not at all aggressive in the ME at the moment...SO ANNOYING

XemSY.jpg

GzGnd.jpg

On a final note' date=' I'd be more than willing to try and take apart the files and do all the technical stuff if someone experienced were to tell me what tools to use and how to use them.[/quote']

Please do it - I have emailed Rocket and the crew to ask them to enable to use of aggressive zombies in the ArmA II Mission Editor - seems like such a simple thing to able to do and the creative possibilities for SP and Coop once we have fully-functioning Z's in the ME are countless...especially as we would then be able to design entire missions with any of the the military units, on any of the maps, set waypoints, create scenarios, etc...

There's already a singleplayer and co/op mod out there called Chernarus Apocalypse I believe. I've heard very good things about it.

^this

There's actually already a huge bunch of sp/coop only zombie mods for ARMA 2, so I'd rather Rocket just focus his efforts on making DayZ as awesome as it can be, without considerations for lite-version etc.

I rarely reply to a post with something meaningless as this' date=' but your last line... :D

[/quote']

I'm not quite sure how it's meaningless, I think a singleplayer or co-op is a good idea. Think about it, everyone wants to live their zombie fantasy, this mod lets them. I think it'd be very meaningful to a considerable amount of people if they could have an offline/co-op mode to play and learn in. It would ultimately improve the community if you really think about it.

My post was meaningless ;).

Looks like I found what I'm looking for, someone put up a singleplayer version.

Works great

Time and time again, I've explained this. Please search for my responses... all such threads locked or deleted. It's not in the scope yet, maybe after. Please keep discussion on topic.

Moderators: you know what do to do with such future threads. Lock and/or delete.