Sign in to follow this  
wparish

My ongoing experience (on Official) servers

I've noticed a recurring issue in the game related to death scenes, and I believe there are some constructive improvements that could be made to enhance the overall experience. First, I'd like to address the frustration of dying without fully understanding the circumstances. Having a death recap screen similar to Fortnite could be immensely beneficial. This feature would provide players with valuable insights into what led to their demise, helping them learn from their mistakes and make better decisions in future encounters.

Furthermore, I understand that there's a concern about higher-tiered players returning to low-level spawn areas, potentially disrupting the balance of the game. To address this, the game developers could consider implementing a system that limits high-tier loot in certain regions or encourages players to explore more diverse locations. This way, the gameplay would become more engaging and enjoyable for everyone.

Additionally, it's clear that encounters with other players vary significantly, ranging from friendly interactions to aggressive engagements. Introducing a toggle option for player-vs-player (PvP) could be an excellent solution. Players who prefer non-PvP interactions could activate this mode and interact solely with others who have also chosen the non-PvP setting. This would offer a more varied experience for different playstyles, fostering a sense of community and cooperation.

Lastly, I appreciate the desire to understand the reasoning behind certain deaths, even if they weren't necessarily due to cheating. Having access to a replay or a brief summary of the events leading up to the death could help players accept the outcome and learn from their experiences. This feature would also discourage camping or unfair practices, thus improving the overall fairness of the game.

In conclusion, I genuinely enjoy playing this game and believe that implementing these suggested improvements could enhance the overall gameplay experience. By adding a death recap, limiting high-tier loot in low-level spawn areas, introducing a PvP toggle, and providing replays, the game could become more rewarding, fair, and enjoyable for players of all levels of experience.

14 hours ago, wparish said:

I've noticed a recurring issue in the game related to death scenes, and I believe there are some constructive improvements that could be made to enhance the overall experience. First, I'd like to address the frustration of dying without fully understanding the circumstances. Having a death recap screen similar to Fortnite could be immensely beneficial. This feature would provide players with valuable insights into what led to their demise, helping them learn from their mistakes and make better decisions in future encounters.

Furthermore, I understand that there's a concern about higher-tiered players returning to low-level spawn areas, potentially disrupting the balance of the game. To address this, the game developers could consider implementing a system that limits high-tier loot in certain regions or encourages players to explore more diverse locations. This way, the gameplay would become more engaging and enjoyable for everyone.

Additionally, it's clear that encounters with other players vary significantly, ranging from friendly interactions to aggressive engagements. Introducing a toggle option for player-vs-player (PvP) could be an excellent solution. Players who prefer non-PvP interactions could activate this mode and interact solely with others who have also chosen the non-PvP setting. This would offer a more varied experience for different playstyles, fostering a sense of community and cooperation.

Lastly, I appreciate the desire to understand the reasoning behind certain deaths, even if they weren't necessarily due to cheating. Having access to a replay or a brief summary of the events leading up to the death could help players accept the outcome and learn from their experiences. This feature would also discourage camping or unfair practices, thus improving the overall fairness of the game.

In conclusion, I genuinely enjoy playing this game and believe that implementing these suggested improvements could enhance the overall gameplay experience. By adding a death recap, limiting high-tier loot in low-level spawn areas, introducing a PvP toggle, and providing replays, the game could become more rewarding, fair, and enjoyable for players of all levels of experience.

Deathrecap:

If it would tell you for example: got hit by 45acp bullet in the arm twice and a third hit in the head.    I am all for it... because why not...      But it should NOT provide any info on who shot you, it should not provide any info from where you got shot, and it should definitly not be a killcam like you see in CoD.     This would take away SOOO much from the game. You could perfectly call the shooters position to your friends. It would overall lead to a worse experience.

highertier loot restrictions:

Nope. Just flatout no.     When you see someone fullgeared at the coast, grab a darn shotgun and blast his ass 😄 even the best vests dont protect you from buckshot in closerange.   Shotguns are your answer to fullgeared people in the coast. DayZ should NOT restrict where you can go and where not. Its a sandbox afterall.

PvP-toggle:

This is already in the game!  You have PvE Community servers.   On those servers you are not allowed to shoot people. There is certain areas where pvp is enabled. If you want pvp, you go there, if you dont want pvp, you stay away from those areas.   look for " PvE" in your server browser.       A toggle option ingame would be the single worst thing to happen in DayZ. You could abuse it on levels you cant even imagine!  Whenever you see a big squad coming your way, you simple disable pvp and your safe.....  LAAAME!

Edited by LennyS-cbe65eb8a29b70ab
  • Like 1

Part of the mistery of death is what makes this game special. 

Any of the things you are asking make any sense.

Loot restrictions or pve flag? Jesus you dont understand what you are playing

Edited by Astalonte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are great suggestions for community servers and probably already exist as inofficial mods.

But for the official game they could not be worse 😄

I always know what killed me roughly. There is no doubt about it EVER. I am an experienced player though.

I have never felt the slightest need/justification for a killcam, and it would completely destroy PvP with teams. One of your team dies and he can instantly tell you where the enemy is hiding, what equipment he has etc.

It would also be the most unimmersive / unrealistic feature ever and really hurt DayZ's key attributes: authenticity and atmosphere.

Toggleable PvP would ruin the whole point of the game.

It is about NOT knowing who you can and cant trust and unavoidable player interactions.

On community servers why not, people would enjoy it.

I have always loved when geared people came to the coast. If they are friendly, new players who will never even see high end gear get to meet a cool spec ops looking guy and are helped out. Rarely they even share their high end loot. Just yesterday I let a complete noot play around with my SVD.

If they are NOT friendly they are an amazing opportunity to form a freshie gang and defeat them, earning cool gear and creating crazy player interactions.

Or just grab the next shovel and try to hit them on the head with it, one of my favorite things to do.

Simply running away is often impossible to beat, you do not HAVE to engage them.

I want to fear being jumped by a full navy seal team at any moment, I do NOT want to feel safe feel a limit to what might happen / loot I can find.

Your suggestions would make DayZ highly new player friendly. But it is not supposed to be that way.

YOU are supposed to change and adapt, not the game/apocalypse to you.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 1